Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Battery drain issues with Nokia Lumia 710

Registered Member
amolvankudre

Battery drain issues with Nokia Lumia 710

Has anyone facing problem with Nokia Lumia 710 for batttery getting drain within 2-3 hours

Registered Member
Kaiko

Re: Battery drain issues with Nokia Lumia 710

im having a similar issue, my battery will drain in about 4-5 hours even if i put the battery saver settings on

Contributor
Mcquak

Hi,

I too had an issue after using my 710 for about a week.  First week I was fine and my battery would last to 40-50% after my work day (8am-5pm), really awesome battery for me.

But I noticed it was draining really fast one day, about my 7th day.  Really fast... and I wasn't even using my phone, just checked a few emails.  8am was about 95%, and by 10am, it was down to 70%, turned off everything I could and turned on battery saver, and by noon, 48%!  And I hadn't barely used it.  About 3 pm, it was around 10%, so i did a full phone reset.

That's seemed to have fixed the issue and that evening I did a full charge and next day, it was back to normal.

The only thing different I did prior to the day the "drain" started was installed that xbox live chicken run game.  Never even played it.  Also I had transferred a 30 min tv episode thru the wireless sync.

Other than that, nothing different.  I'm usually frugal with the amount of apps I download. 

Hope that helps some... but to this date, I don't have any other battery issues.

Registered Member
Exhauster

Even 'm sufferin from the same problem.. Even if its standby it keeps on drainin battery.. After usin net if it was 100% it wil become 82% or so... Seriously nokia should take dis forward and fix dis issue soon or else m goin to switch over to android phone :@ i yuckin hate music quality in my lumia 710 ...
gleneoghan

[ Edited ]

Hello, I am very dissapoited in this lumia 710 phone. Main problem I have (even doing reset of phone) is the battery. It will not last me 5 hours, and I have 3g off, no data connection, no btooth, gps location off, wifi goes to sleep but I have tried with it off, and I only have this phone 2 days.  I have one last thing to do, wich maybe someone else would like to try; dial in phone ##634# and diagnostics app will open. Go back and check your apps, you will then see the diagnostics app apear in there. Uninstall it, restart phone and will test to see what happens. If this doesnt resolve it, my phones back to the shop! 

Registered Member
rcoble

Same issue here.  My phone is less than a week old.

Contributor
noel26

Hi All,

I am a LUMIA 710 user for past 3 months. At starting I was also crying for battery. I charged 3 times a day. So I gave it to Nokia care and they updated my OS. After that from then till now I am geting average 22 to 25 hours of battery life with calls, gprs always activated, chatting and watching  videos in youtube.

Yes I keep my wi-fi off when no network is there and I dont use 3 G network. But am really happy with my set now.

Update the phone OS I hope all of your problems will be solved. At starting the battery dont give much as all does experiment with new phone and tries to learn the features. So draining is more.

Counsellor
chris166

Where in the world are you all....

This seems to be a regional thing on the lumias.

I am in the UK and my Lumia 710 came off charge at 06:30 this morning, so it was at 100%.

I have everything turned on.....location, 3g, wifi etc etc

I used satnav (Nokia Drive) for about 15 minutes.

I made a 3 minute HD video

I messed about with Bing Maps for about 10 mins.

I have sent around 10 texts and made around 5 minutes of calls.

I used youtube via Wifi for around 20 mins.

So as you can see i am not a heavy user and that is prob an average day for me.

At 18:30 tonight....so 12 hours later my battery had dreopped by about a third...so down to around 70%, which i dont think is too bad.

My HTC desire would have been down to about 50%

My Nokia N8 running bella with everything turned on and gets about the same use as the 710 or maybe a bit more for calls has just dropped down to 50% after 2 and a half days from last charge.

Registered Member
adigostin

I have exactly the same problem with my Lumia 800. Drains really really fast sometimes. During the day I keep it mostly connected to the PC, so I can't tell for sure. But I would charge it fully in the evening and morning I find the phone turned off; I connect it to the PC/charger, it finally starts and shows me 0% battery. Absolutely no program running and disabled all background tasks.

Why on earth would they put to market such a piece of **bleep** - I don't know. I was having a good impression about them.

Professor
kevgallacher

[ Edited ]

The battery issue seems to vary.

Most people who complain on here seem to be getting around 12-15 hrs which is unacceptable by current standards though the update is meant to fix it (the last update was meant to fix it too but didn't so wait and see)

Anything less than 5 hours is unbelievable. I would try taking the phone back in this case. This should definitly be covered under warranty. It's virtually unuseable and I doubt a firmware update would do much to improve on that.

There are some Lumias out there that do last over 24 hours, mines lasts about 20-24 hours, I'd like a bit longer as I am regularly out the house for more than 24 hours at a time.

But my experience with smartphones has alway's seen them lasting around a day.

On standby these phones should be lasting several days so there is a problem. 

The official specs says:

"Talk time (maximum):

• GSM up to 13 h
    • WCDMA up to 9.5 h

Standby time (maximum):

• GSM up to 265 h
    • WCDMA up to 335 h

Video playback time up to 6.5 h

Music playback time (maximum) up to 55 h

Browsing (WLAN, maximum) up to 6.5 h

Browsing (3G HSDPA, maximum) up to 4.5 h"

335hours is roughly equal to a fortnight, I don't think any smartphone can reach this amount under any conditions. I doubt the Lumia's can even last 48 hours under ideal conditions.

You can see that browsing on 3G uses the power up in just 4.5 hours, this is the most likely thing that is causing poor battery performance.

Contributor
cfm56

I have the same issues, nothing running, 5 hours max out of the battery. 

You can do a few things to help (disable feedback, turn off background apps, turn off Facebook, turn off live tiles etc...) but yeah, 5 hours battery life is kinda suck

A fix would be cool. 

Registered Member
ankiashu

I am suffering from same problem with my new lumia 710.

Its just 1 week old and i dont get it y my battery runs off in just 5 hrs. and when all online apps are off it wrks only for 8-9 hrs or so.

what shud i do in that case.

I tried updating OS bt even that didnt help.

whom shud i refer

Thanks in advance

Professor
banlec

I confirm, have the same issue with my both L710s. I always wonder, why such a modern phone is so energy unefficient? Does ecology not matter?

Registered Member
Antrov

I had the same problem and I found very strange solution: uninstalling Angry Birds. After that everything returned to normal.

Maybe it's a some kind of bug in programs?

Registered Member
anmol17

dude there is no update available on the website.Even i am facing the same problem with the battery,can u tell me which version is the latest one as when i connecting my phone to zune it says that it is up to date.

Registered Member
CathyE

yes.  and now the battery won't take a charge!  I've had the phone for about 2 months and have had problems with it from day 1.  I didn't send it back hoping (like an idiot) that it would get better.  Do you think they'll take it back and give me one that works?

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@CathyE

You don't mention whether or not this is a contract phone as network provider may be more amenable to providing a working phone than taking it off you to send for repair.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Professor
JackMerson

Not on me. Battery can hold up at least 5 hours of extremely heavy usage and about a day of avarage usage.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy:
Mobile Guru
93tid

JackMerson wrote:
Not on me. Battery can hold up at least 5 hours of extremely heavy usage and about a day of avarage usage.

Based on your other post it can do that when used in offline mode, which rather defeats the purpose of having a smartphone.

Professor
JackMerson

Sorry, I mean 4 hours of heavy usage. I used browser for 2 hours and Twitter and Facebook for another 2 hours and all that with 3G on and Wifi off.
If I have helped you in any way, give me a kudos! :smileyhappy: