Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Bing maps on Nokia 920

new920owner

Bing maps on Nokia 920

How can I download the original Bing maps on the Nokia Lumia 920? I searched through apps and the only Nokia Maps is available. 

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

No need to install. It is still there with just the shortcut removed. To start it, goto your contacts and tap on the address of one of your contacts. This will start Bing Maps. 

Registered Member
donkervoet

Like the other reply said, Bing Maps is still available but there's no official way to get the shortcut back.

I wrote a free app that just opens Bing Maps. You can find it in the store under the name FastMaps or you can go to the site http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/fastmaps/910fc757-bd0b-41af-b389-7bcddd54194e

It was just published to the store today but I already submitted a bug fix; there was a problem with the location detection. It still opens Bing Maps but the option to open to your current location is broken without the update, which should go through quickly.

Thanks and enjoy!

Counsellor
buddler

It's no real bing maps (the old one as in wp 7.x with high resolution material), just another menu on top of nokia maps, isn't it?