Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Can I play music from my Lumia 900 via USB or ...

Registered Member
john10e
Accepted Solution

Can I play music from my Lumia 900 via USB or Bluetooth to a car or other media player?

Love the phone and hopefully this is a basic operation I missed somewhere, but when I connect handsfree to my Bluetooth in the car, calls work great but when I play music it comes out the phone's speakers and not the car.

Similar when I plugged in the phone to a USB input on a boombox, the music plays from Zune over the phone's speakers.

Sage
d12south

Re: Can I play music from my Lumia 900 via USB or Bluetooth to a car or other media player?

You must configure the cars bluetooth stereo properly.

What are you using  ?  

parrot?

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Can I play music from my Lumia 900 via USB or Bluetooth to a car or other media player?

Hi john10e,

Thanks you for posting and welcome to the forum.

Windows Phone does not support playing music over the USB connection. You can use a Bluetooth connection, but the receiving device must support Bluetooth v2.1 with EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) and the A2DP (AdvancedAudioDistributionProfile) for stereo audio.

The USB connection is used for charging and for connection your Lumia to a PC or Mac to transfer media files and perform system updates using Zune (PC) or the Microsoft Windows Phone Connector (Mac)

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Registered Member
Rogiwara

I am having the same issue with my Lumia 800 and my car (Citroen DS3). Which I can make and receive calls but can not stream music over bluetooth, the car support the bluetooth profiles required. Should I open another thread?
Contributor
kpmkpm

I have a Nokia Lumia 900 and Jabra Easygo bluetooth handsfree. It should support bt 2.1 with EDR, but I can only make calls via the jabra bluetooth handsfree.

If I try to listen music or nokia drives voice navigation it is always playd via the lumia's speaker. Very annoying, is there a way to get it work?

Mitch1984

Did you ever resolve this issue, i'm having the same issue with the same phone and car. The bluetooth phone function works fine and 1/100 times the audio music streaming works too but there is no consistency and i've no idea what it is that causes its infrequent connection. 

Registered Member
jperry582

I too cannot get music to play through a bluetooth device. It plays only from the phone speakers. Nokia Lumia 920. It frustrates the heck out of me. My bluetooth device is bluetooth 2.1 + EDR with A2DP, AVRCP and works with all my other devices just fine. Grrrrr. What I thought was going to be a really great phone has ended up being the most frustrating (aside from a Palm Pro) phone I have ever owned!  I would be overjoyed to have someone show me that I am simply being techtarded and overlooking something simple to get this to work! :smileyhappy:

Registered Member
Steve1956

Hi

I'm having the same problems with a couple of other phones i have tried, the 920 has Bluetooth 3.1 and this may be the problem, you might need a phone that has  BT V2.1 for it to work I have an old N8 which works fine, and i stream music via a spare chanel on the radio which i think is 87.5 the Nokia 900 has 2.1 blutooth which I;m just about to try.

Will let you know how i get on

Steve

Registered Member
mirazasx

Same here, Nissan leaf with Nokia 920, music not playing neither from spotify or Nokia music :smileysad: 

Can't wait to get it to work.

Advisor
josephcarasso

I do not think this issue was ever resolved.... Guys, has any of you found a solution other than returning the phone? I am having the exact same problem with a Bluetooth helmet... Many thanks!