Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Can't delete email account

Nuriaofzoiets
Accepted Solution

Can't delete email account

Hi,

Recently my microsoft account got hacked.. My old nokia account was linked to that email so I made a new nokia account. Im still able to download apps on my phone, but I can't update them. I get the 80048823 error. 

So I tried to delete the email on my Lumia 920, but when I tap and hold the mail account a sync message pops up. I've got another mail account on my lumia and when I tap and hold that account I do get the delete option. 

I read somewhere that the only option is to hard reset the phone.. but that means I lose al my data.. Is there another way to fix the problem? 

Thanks in advance. And sorry for my vocabulary.. 

Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

Re: Can't delete email account

No other way to delete the Main account or Microsoft account. Reset only.
Nuriaofzoiets

That sucks... And if I make a back up, reset the phone, and put the backup on my phone, the mail account would still be activated right..?  

Mobile Visionary
yasfer21

The Microsoft account is the identifier. It is what the backup is associated with.
Registered Member
Jude22

I cannot find the solved answer here.... please help....

I have the same issue with the SYNC message.

Mobile Overlord
farby

Jude22 wrote:

I cannot find the solved answer here.... please help....

I have the same issue with the SYNC message.

Message 2 above .. The post with a 'Tick' mark in Green Circle ...

Mobile Guru
ugura

solved answer is the second message on this thread

yasfer21 wrote:
No other way to delete the Main account or Microsoft account. Reset only.

as yasfer21 mentioned, main microsoft account is the identifier account and there's no way to delete the main microsoft account except phone reset.

The silence will fall