Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Can't end call in Lumia 710

Contributor
emefenmo

Re: Can't end call in Lumia 710

Agreed . . . but don't you think that over 2 months is to long a period for Nokia to be sitting on there backsides while frustrated users like me and maybe countless others are twiddling our thumbs, waiting for an update. and correct me if i',m wrong but i think there have been 2 updates post it's launch in December 2011 and still the issue wasn't solved
Please use plain text.
Advisor
hellorubal

Do you really think the RESET will help?
It seems as if you didnt care to read even a single post. The handsets are defective(none other windows phone is effected).  Mine has been replaced 3 times. The NOKIA CARE has had it for over one and a half month! I'v already moved onto another brand!

Ah .. yes to take a backup we need to access ZUNE, WINDOWS live and Skydive because there is no single method to backup all. Well to this you would say "It is Windows to be blamed for, not NOKIA" right????:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emefenmo

What really burns me up is that at MWC - Barcelona Nokia can launch a 42 megapixel camera phone (my poor Nikon D-SLR) a larger variation of the existing Lumia 800 (with larger issues?) and a cheaper Lumia (does lesser mean lesser bugs?) but still cant release an update to the "CALL NOT ENDING" issue for it's existing LUMIA line-up.

hellorubal wrote:

Do you really think the RESET will help?
It seems as if you didnt care to read even a single post. The handsets are defective(none other windows phone is effected).  Mine has been replaced 3 times. The NOKIA CARE has had it for over one and a half month! I'v already moved onto another brand!

Ah .. yes to take a backup we need to access ZUNE, WINDOWS live and Skydive because there is no single method to backup all. Well to this you would say "It is Windows to be blamed for, not NOKIA" right????:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
katykitten

i am having the same problem, why can nokia not see how much this will damage their reputation, why is there no fix yet - as soon as i get the fix im selling my phone as who knows what will go wrong next - Nokia will not be getting my custom again im afraid, when there is so much choice why bother with the hassle

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emefenmo

[ Edited ]

katykitten wrote:

i am having the same problem, why can nokia not see how much this will damage their reputation, why is there no fix yet - as soon as i get the fix im selling my phone as who knows what will go wrong next - Nokia will not be getting my custom again im afraid, when there is so much choice why bother with the hassle

For what it's worth . . . (***********)at the latest. What really burns me up is that at MWC Nokia launches 3 Brand New Handsets but can't launch one little update :"-(

Oh well . . . I'll wait only until the "Ides Of March" before the Mighty Nokia falls just like Caesar out of my life. Have already decided on these selling my Lumia 710 at a loss if I have to just in-case Nokia doesn't do anything. Am looking at Samsung Wave 3, LG Optimus SOL and Samsung Galaxy S/R right now. Nokia you have 15 days to get back into the game.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited as we do not allow the discussion of speculations concerning products or services which have not been officially announced by Nokia.

Please refer to the forum guidelines for more info.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
hellorubal

emefenmo wrote:

katykitten wrote:

For what it's worth . . . (***********)at the latest. What really burns me up is that at MWC Nokia launches 3 Brand New Handsets but can't launch one little update :"-(

Oh well . . . I'll wait only until the "Ides Of March" before the Mighty Nokia falls just like Caesar out of my life. Have already decided on these selling my Lumia 710 at a loss if I have to just in-case Nokia doesn't do anything. Am looking at Samsung Wave 3, LG Optimus SOL and Samsung Galaxy S/R right now. Nokia you have 15 days to get back into the game.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: This post has been edited as we do not allow the discussion of speculations concerning products or services which have not been officially announced by Nokia.

Please refer to the forum guidelines for more info.

Dude, Harmaini from nokia asked us to reset the phone :smileytongue: she thinks it will help :smileytongue:

Nokia launched the 808,its a great phone but  no one's gonna spend so much for a handset that runs symbian. :smileytongue:

lumia 610 is out! Oh GOD! What are they upto??? It seems they intentionally want to screw their market! Why dont you people fix the DEFECT first(end call issue)? ...yes its a DEFECT, only specific to NOKIA(i wonder if its really a software bug).... i'v already moved on to samsung..... 3315 to N8 i'v loved and owned almost everything..... BUT FROM NOW ON...for me its NO to NOKIA... And dear moderator... this is not GROUNDLESS ACCUSION TO NOKIA! NOKIA is humiliating the costomers!:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
emefenmo

Hate to burst your bubble Mr. Moderator but this is with reference to the post of mine which you modified. I'd like to inform you that it Isn't IDLE SPECULATION from my end. It was verified to me by 2 Care Center Employees on 2 separate occasions. The only reason I posted this info was that people wouldn't go and sell their phones in a fit of anger because in spite of it's Major Manufacturing/Hardware/Software issue . . . The phone is fantastic.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
joaofcosta

Have the phone for 1 week, went to VDF store and changed it 3 times, with different sim cards - but the problem is there and just today it was stuck 4 times (in 2 hours).
I have a video of the phone freezing, just in case somebody thinks i'm making this up...
Will change to Samsung Galaxy S Plus - a bit cheaper and I think Samsung knows how to end a call!
Please use plain text.
anujain

[ Edited ]

Hi Nokia,

Are you planning to fix Nokia Lumia 710 call end problem? If yes, then when. It would be good to clarify this rather than being oblibious. It is better to keep the customers updated about what is being done. By not doing so, there is more harm than good being done to Nokia's reputation.

Please use plain text.
ajoshi86

1. Nokia is a cheater.

Since a long time i had under false implication that Nokia is a very quality oriented and customer satisfaction oriented company and one of the best mobile handset company. But after buying Nokia Lumia 710 (Nokia's smart phone with a smart company Microsoft) all reality has in front. Now nokia is ....

1.  A cheater company.
  2. don't R&D on mobile phones it steals from others like its partner Microsoft.
  3. Don't provide customer any support.

Hey i doesn't mention my problem here problems in Lumia can't be solved. Now i can to assume that Nokia persons self doesn't have solutions to Lumia (I have tried every where i.e.. service centre their offices, mails , letters. Now i have send a legal notice to Nokia, that is the only solution.)...

To customer: Hey if you really want solution to with your Lumia then send a legal notice )  and.... and if you haven't but lumia ...

Do not even think to Buy a set of problem and headache......

Please use plain text.
23capricorn

i am having the same problem with my lumia 800 also when trying to return missed calls phone reboots itself

Please use plain text.
Advisor
joaofcosta

Has anyone tried disabling the post call messages the carrier sends? In the Lumia 800 thread they are discussing this and they say it solves this issue. I have a prepaid Vdf card so I'me sure I receive these messages on other phones - will try to disable it callinf VDF Portugal.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
MANAS88

NOKIA ANSWER THESE:

1)Without doing proper R&D work why did you roll out a phone that cannot perform basic phone functionality like ending a call?

2)Its been more than 2 months and still no signs of a software update that will fix the call ending prblem??NOKIA be frank and honest..tell your customers if you actually intend to release an update or not..stop playing with the patience of your customers.If you don't have a fix or you don't intend to roll out a fix make it clear,because nowadays options are many..People can always switch over to other handset manufacturers never to return to NOKIA again.

NOKIA you have disappointed your fans big time...Come up with a fix soon...

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maksmash

NOKIA what you people doing?

After hearing so much from your customer still you people sleeping... I thought NOKIA will make good come back with this Windows phone but still you fail.

Surprisingly NOKIA not taking this issue seriouse... How long customer going to face this big frustrating problem.

Please use plain text.
sahilj3

Hi,

This problem is faced by all the users and nokia is not paying any heed to this problem. As soon as my exams get over i would be surely going to the consumer court. Court has already helped me earlier in replacing my LED. Only i need to pay 20 rupees and fill up the form rest all will be seen my association. And nokia has to bear my all expenses and that of association and would have to return my money with interest. Just wait and watch..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
zyxwv

hey the problem is solved in lumia 800 there is an update available and after installing it problem disappeared................. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
maksmash

I'm not able to find any update in zune

Please use plain text.
Contributor
MANAS88

Just  got the new software update via zune..The firmware revision no is 1600.3015.8107.12070.....and the call ending problem seems to have disappeared...WELL DONE NOKIA

Please use plain text.
Advisor
anupamtyagi106

New update is out.....!

v1600.3015.8107.12070

• Fix for non-responsive screen when ending a call
    .....thanks Nokia .......! 
Please use plain text.
Advisor
palutz

NEga are you kidding us?

In your blog you didn't write anything new than here.

All the people is saying that is not able to install the update and also they are releasing the update only one country at time (what the hell? I bought and paid for that ***** too. I WANT THIS UPDATE NOW!!!) and you are telling to the people to install with Zune?

People is getting enough upset without these useless answer. Please ...

Please use plain text.