Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Can you support normal size SIM cards?

Counsellor
yanzg2004
Accepted Solution

Can you support normal size SIM cards?

1) Most of us in China use normal sized SIM cards.

2) Most of mobile phones use normal sized SIM cards.

3) In emergency, the phone often runs out of battery.

4) We need to swap SIM cards from this phone to another.

So, support of  normal size SIM cards will be highly appreciated. Even for Lumia 920/820.

BTW: I see a rumor that Lumia 920 in China will provide support for TD-SCDMA, which is REALLY VERY GREAT!

Please use plain text.
Professor
Shoey5

Re: Can you support normal size SIM cards?

[ Edited ]

yanzg2004 wrote:

1) Most of us in China use normal sized SIM cards.

2) Most of mobile phones use normal sized SIM cards.

3) In emergency, the phone often runs out of battery.

4) We need to swap SIM cards from this phone to another.

So, support of  normal size SIM cards will be highly appreciated. Even for Lumia 920/820.

BTW: I see a rumor that Lumia 920 in China will provide support for TD-SCDMA, which is REALLY VERY GREAT!

Micro SIM cards are cut smaller than regular SIM cards but the pin outs are identical. I've placed my Micro SIM card in a regular SIM Card phone and it works no problem. It can be a little tricky depending on the phone and how it holds the regular SIM card. You just have to make sure the contacts are in the right spot.

To make it easier, you can always get a Micro-SIM to SIM adapter basically just a little plastic tray to make it easier to put a Micro-SIM card into a regular SIM card slot. Just google Sim Adapter and look for a Micro SIM to SIM adapter.

Something like this

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
yanzg2004

Nice adapter, I will try to find one, thank you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Shoey5 wrote:

To make it easier, you can always get a Micro-SIM to SIM adapter basically just a little plastic tray to make it easier to put a Micro-SIM card into a regular SIM card slot. 

Suggest that you don't try using adapter upon N8 amongst others:http://www.nokia.com/gb-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA133055_en_US

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Please use plain text.