Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Changing microsoft account

Registered Member
Pragnya

Changing microsoft account

For testing my Nokia LUmia 520, a microsoft account was added in my cell by my sis. But now when I try to change that account and add mine, that microsoft account cannot be deleted or changed. What to do now???????????

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Changing microsoft account

You need to Reset the device by going to settings-->about-->reset your phone ...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Pragnya

But as my phone has not been sync and supported by windows 7 laptop, all my stuffs will get lost.. I am not concerned about the applications as they can be downloaded later, but i have hundreds of music and videos, backups of which is not possible right now... I am regretting why I bought this phone as my laptop doesnt support it inspite of zune software installed.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

Zune does not work with WP8. If you have a Win7 laptop all you need is to connect the handset and it will be discovered and available as a separate drive. Then you can drag and drop whatever you want.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
JohnLancer

I cannot believe that Nokia and Microsoft would be so stupid as to make it impossible to change the account on a 'phone without a total reboot.  I had a 520 and really liked it.  I bought a 635 and gave the 520 to my wife.  I used the same microsoft account with the 635 as I did with the 520 - spent 4 hours putting my wife's contacts into her new phone.  I now have a total dogs breakfast.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
Abi99

Please use plain text.