Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Contacts: iphone to lumia 920

Registered Member
GerryEgbalic

Contacts: iphone to lumia 920

i switched from iphone to lumia 920 and not all my contacts transferred. i already added my gmail account where my contacts are stored, but not all showing up. here's an example: my iphone is no longer active but still connected via wifi. a text showed up on that phone (from another iphone user) but it did not show up on my new lumia 920. please advise
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Contacts: iphone to lumia 920

Hi GerryEgbalic,

Do you have iMessage or iCloud enabled on the iPhone? This could be a possible reason why the messages are showing up on the iPhone and not the 920. It is probably best to check all the settings for the iPhone and delete everything that was associated Apple-wise / move everything over to Gmail etc.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Tripnutz

I had the same thing happen to me... I removed the sim from my iphone and seemed to fix it... In the imessage settings is still listed my number as a place to receive texts from. Once I took the old sim out the number became greyed out and the check mark disappeared from the number. Hope this helps. I still am trying to figure out how to transfer my contatcs though :smileyhappy: Absolutley love the Lumia with my 24 hours of usgae with it.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
rottieguy

Iphone to 920 contacts.

There are two ways that I have tried.  1) download the "Transfer my Data" app (Nokia app) from the Windows Store, then follow the prompts to connect the phones via bluetooth.

2)  This is way more involved, but will help those who can't get number 1 to work...  This method requires MS Outlook on a desktop PC, and assumes that your contacts are loaded into iCloud, and that you're using Gmail for your contacts list.

Download and install the iCloud control app for desktops

Setup the iCloud app to work with Outlook, you'll then be able to open your contacts list from the icloud "folder" in outlook.  Click one contact and hit CTRL+A to select all, then CTRL+C to copy to clipboard.  Go into your file system and create a folder called Contacts Backup (or whatever) and then CTRL+P in that folder.  This step is solely to create a backup in case something goes wrong.

Next go back to outlook and click your contacts folder (NOT the icloud one) (this is most likely blank),  Paste all your contacts there.  Then go to the File menu and find FILE -> OPTIONS -> ADVANCED -> Export   Choose "Export to a file" and then choose "Comma Seperated (DOS)"  Select your contacts folder and then save your CSV file somewhere where you can find it again.

Next go into Gmail via web browser and select your contacts list.  Select MORE then IMPORT,  Browse to the CSV file you just created and Google will import your contact list.

If you want to sync your calendar via Gmail, you'll need outlook and Google's Calendar Sync app for your desktop.

I hope this helps people out!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lovinglumia

had the same problem, my friend was sending texts to an iphone (imessage) get them to change it to normal phoneI

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

While it may not be of immediate help this app will do the transfer for you quite nicely on Window Phone 7.x with the Windows Phone 8 version to arrive shortly.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
ceroberts75

that looks good kosh.

didn't see anything for sms/mms though. :/

also, there is another transfer that is available that will help to transfer

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/start/moving-from-android-or-iphone-to-windows-phone

Kudos are the STAR Below to the RIGHT, Solution is Below to the RIGHT
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
iphoneuserstill

Re: Contacts and calendars: iphone to lumia 920

My husband and I both bought Nokia 920 phones in November

GerryEgbalic wrote:
i switched from iphone to lumia 920 and not all my contacts transferred. i already added my gmail account where my contacts are stored, but not all showing up. here's an example: my iphone is no longer active but still connected via wifi. a text showed up on that phone (from another iphone user) but it did not show up on my new lumia 920. please advise

My husband and I both bought Nokia 920 phones in November, ready to commit to leaving the iphone after 4-5 years. My husband spent 6 1/2 hours on the phone with tech support attempting to transfer all contacts & calendars. After all that time he still had no success.  We do not have that kind of time to commit to changing phones. We were excited about the 920's features especially because we felt that it would better benefit us in our business. However it was so difficult to transfer info that we took them back the next day and decided to stick with the iphones until Nokia/Windows can figure out a better way to do this. Does anyone know if they have made any progress on this topic?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Contacts and calendars: iphone to lumia 920

[ Edited ]

Several apps will do this for you, Nokia provides an app for Window Phone 8 device called Transfer My Data which should take care of all this and you might also try this.

I don't know which tech support you spoke to, but Nokia Care should be able to handle this as this information is available to them.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thedigitalsith

Figured this out. A longtime iPhone user I also switched to the Lumia 920 and had iMessages going to the old iPhone.

To fix this disable iMessage on your old iPhone and turn on MMS Messaging.

You should only need to do this if you don't take out the SIM card from your old phone, but you should probably do this before you remove the SIM from your iPhone in any case.

Please use plain text.