Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Error Code : 80072EFD

Registered Member
Edward88Larkin

Hello - I recently bought a Nokia Lumina 610 for my wife for this Christmas. I set it up for her - she has a Gmail Account and Facebook account - nothing too complicated. She immediately starting getting the same message - "Google error. Last updated 6 hours ago. We're having a problem connecting to m.google.com. Try again later. Last tried 7 minutes ago. Error code" 80072EFD". I've searched the Google support sites, Microsoft support sites and now, Nokia and there appears to be no real fix - just suggestions like "change your password" or "restart the phone". I still can't get rid of this error despite trying everything.  I live in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, have a voice plan with Telus and use WIFI in the house. Again - nothing too complicated in my opinion. Is there a fix - can anyone help? The look and feel of the phone is great - I even like the Windows OS - only problem is that so far, the most basic smartphone application - email - doesn't work. Thanks, Edward88Larkin.

Registered Member
Kumarmn

I suffered this problem for 2-3 days. Today I updated the firmware to the latest version (using zune on my laptop) and it now works fine.

Hope this helps.

Professor
banlec

Some time ago I was using Lumia 800 and it happened that the phone has lost internet connection. In my case, hanging apps were the cause. So, I would suggest to check if there are some other apps running in the background, close them, disable background apps and reset office suite.
stawemk

Similar situation for Lumia 710 I bought for my wife in Italy, but with the following interesting detail: two weeks ago, transferring from Tim to Vodafone provider, we started with "tutti 250+250" promo which let us try internet connection, that was ok both in hotmail syncing and in internet explorer navigation (also viewing a youtube video on the smartphone). Then, having quickly used all 100 MB available, we asked 190 assistance to change promo into the "smart 250" (which includes 1 GB of monthly data connection) two days ago and our situation changed: hotmail syncing always fail (sometimes showing error Code 80072EFD and inviting to retry later) and internet explorer shows some web pages, e.g. Google main page, but never give satisfaction, appearing too slow, showing web pages loading but never completing it. :smileyfrustrated: Don't you find it's a nice coincidence occurred in passing from a certain Vodafone promo to another one? In our Vodafone web account it looks ok we have obtained "smart 250". I'm going to re-call 190, I'll keep you informed.

Registered Member
bpnarain

[ Edited ]

I have a Lumia 920,and ran into similar problem.

For me http://forums.wpcentral.com/windows-phone-8/210244-how-fix-86000107-error-its-cause.html worked.

I also had to create an additional access point , activate it and then de-activate it. 

Then followed the steps in the link.

ugoo

make a connection to your zune software via your PC..and log into your zune account using internet connection.

it worked for me..

Registered Member
randyvol

i am getting this error because the phone cannot sync with my ISP. When I tap this account and hold, i do not have the option to delete the account, which is what I want to do. The only option on the menu is to sync, which will fail.
How do I delete this account?
Windows forum cannot bring itself to admit there is a problem with their phone OS, H hoping Nokia can provide an answer.
My Gmail account works fine btw, it is only my blasted roadrunner account that won't sync.
Registered Member
alone2000

Nokia lumia 710 is the worst phone ,from day one I leaving issues ,its not support to outlook exchange,I m trying so many times to log on office exchange but every time its shows error 80072FOD,please help otherwise I will switch to anoride
BobVanHaelst

A thing you could try is:

do a factory reset

change your certificate to a .p7b cert-file on your laptop

send it to your phone via hotmail

install that cert.

try to sync

worked for me on my htc 7 tropy and now my nokia 920.

Succes

Bob

Advisor
Pe12

I have a Lumia 800, and it has worked OK after the auto-switch-off problem was solved last year. But now, suddenly, the synchronization of my contacts data between Windows Live and the phone does not work. It worked fine for approx. 15 months until a few weeks ago. I get the error code 80072EFD. Connection to the web works. None of your or the other users' advice have helped me. Nokia please tell me what to do.

Community Manager
periwinkle28

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone, 

As mentioned by  Ex-Moderator (Retired) & Earthyworm, the error code 80072EFD means there is a connectivity issue with the server. To fix this, you have to verify if the connection settings are configured correctly. Try again after verifying the server name, user name, and password.

If you are still having this behavior, try the following:

1. Try alternative connection types (Wi-Fi, 4G (LTE), 3G (HSPA), 2G (GPRS) etc.). Contact your carrier up for the correct settings for your phone or go to the Windows Phone Store, and download and install the Network Setup application which can be found in the Nokia Collection.
  2. Check that the time settings including a timezone in your phone are correct.

If you cannot find a solution to your problem in the information above, you can also try search on the Microsoft Community pages. Alternatively, you can also try the solution provided by Kumarmn which is by updating the phone's software.

See this link for further details about software update. http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

periwinkle28

Final Banner
Advisor
Pe12

Cheers, cheers.

None of your advice helped me. Maybe it's better let it be, and use the phone only as an expensive traditional mobile phone.

Registered Member
LoginAccess

I am using Lumia 520 and getting error while accessing live account.

Error Message:

We're really sorry, but we've run into a problem, and we're not sure what caused it. This Might be a temporary issue that will be fixed if you try again latter, bUt if you keep seeng this error and want to call support, here's an error code that might help them figure out the problem 0x80048264

Registered Member
Melr0se

As for all Windows try shutting phone down and restart. Helped for me. First I checked internet settings were correct.

Registered Member
Manjoe

Try going to settings, then go to backup, then turn off the text messages setting to off, delete threads with 25 recipients. Then try syncing your email account.
Community Manager
periwinkle28

Registered Member
EricOfTheSun

I've fixed this problem with my Lumia 710 by changing that server name it couldn't sync with. It said "live.com is unavailable at the moment, error code 80072EFD". I tried the server name to m.hotmail.com instead, and everything synched fine! I guess live.com isn't Windows Live's sync server anymore...

As for Google (Gmail), I am using m.google.com and it always synched quite well. Try this out!

Registered Member
jacobsato

I was having problems with the Nokia 928 syncing my Office 365 while on my home WiFi network.  But my iPhone and Android would sync fine.  The Nokia 928 would only sync while on cell or another WiFi network.

Solution:  Disable IPv6 on Router. 

1. Go to router on computer. Type address like:  192.168.0.1

2. Go to Advance Settings

3. Find IPv6 WAN

4. Disable

I made a Youtube video of the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axQQZfxxsCA

Registered Member
Jbschl8

I live in the USA, and I have this problem as well except I can't connect to ANYthing; Facebook, Gmail, the store, Internet, NONE of it will refresh/load new data. What should I do?
Registered Member
ninny1176

I have this same exact problem with all of our company's L928/822 phones - only with Office 365 and only when on cellular - reconnect to wifi and everything works fine again. I have found that going into Settings > Cellular turning the data on/off "clears" things out and the phones begin to work again.

VZW is very tight-lipped about what may or may not be going on, but it seems to be that their implementation of IP6 may cause some issues with getting to O365 - at least that is what I got from engineers at MS as they noted i wasn't the first VZW customer to call about this.

The only thing that I'm not 100% sure of with this is in respect to the phone's time zone. I'm in EST, but my phone shows "Bogota, Lima, Quito" (UTC -5:00). Although the UTC info is correct, does the time zone label have any affect on the phone's ability to work correctly with SSL certs? I've set my phone to manual time info to see...but any other info would be very helpful.