Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Free play360 speaker with lumia 800

Marsbeing

Free play360 speaker with lumia 800

I have recently purchased a Nokia lumia 800 from a Nokia priority dealer in Mumbai on 13th Sept.. However i recieved an and from Nokia on 6th Oct saying:
Buy the amazing Nokia Lumia 800 and get a Nokia Play 360 wireless speaker worth Rs. 9,350 absolutely free. SMS ‘play360′ to 55555 to claim the offer.

I immediately contacted my dealer.. Harmony Audio at Opera House,Mumbai. Who was quick to tell me that I was eligible for my free speaker costing Rs.9500 if I had recieved an sms/email from Nokia. Acting on the dealers advice I followed up on d and yet got another and saying:

Congratulations on being the chosen one! Your unique code is ABB32. Log on to www.nokia.com/in-en/play360 for more details.

I then for 3 days have tried to fill up the claim form online, but have not been able to register my imei no.
Feeling frustrated, I called up Nokia Care, where the customer care guy told me that I am ineligible for the offer and if I want the speaker I have to buy another Lumia 800

My complaint
1.Nokia should have mentioned the offer well in advance and not suddenly, I could have well waited 14days for the offer.
2.Nokia should check and see who they mail such promos to, getting me to follow up on an sms,getting a unique code n then be told to buy a new phone for d offer is simply rediculous.

Being a loyal Nokia customer for 11years, I feel terribly cheated.. They shudav atlest given away the speaker for customers of the last 30days.

If no speaker, I’d prefer my money back…so that I could purchase the phone again with the offer. The Lumia indeed is a good phone to have.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

[ Edited ]

The offer of a free speaker clearly states:-

"Buy the amazing Nokia Lumia 800 between 27th September – 27th October, 2012 and you will get a Nokia Play 360⁰ speaker worth Rs. 9,350 absolutely free."

Now, as you bought your 800 on the 13th September the offer isn't available to you. It's unfortunate, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Ray.

Ex-Administrator (Retired)
michaels

This is a special promotion, hence it not being announced long in advance. You have been confirmed as eligible so you should receive the gift, however in the light of this problem with the online processing, you will need to speak to our India Care team, they will help to resolve this issue - please contact +91 (STD Code) 30303838.

Nokia Lumia - the fastest growing smartphone

If this or any post answers your question, please remember to help others by pressing the 'Accept as solution' button.

Registered Member
coolnaren

Hi Buddy, same goes with me as well.

I too bought on the same day (13th Sept.) as you did; unfortunately I too is not eligible for the same.

But, you are right the mail shouldn't come to us if this offer is valid later date OR one must be eligible for this offer regardless of the day one did purchased.

Regards,

Unfortunate Customer of Nokia Lumia 800

:smileysad: Narinder Singh Chauhan

Marsbeing

Hi Michael,

A big thank you for replying. As I mentioned before :

"l called up Nokia Care, where the customer care guy told me that I am ineligible for the offer and if I want the speaker I have to buy another Lumia 800"

Understanding that customer care is supposed to solve greviances, im sorry to say your guys on the other end of the call were just explaining company policies as to why I was ineligible and just IGNORED the fact I had a unique code. And had the INDECENCY to tell me to buy another phone,let alone plain.. I'm sorry sir.

Anyways, in not to sure how to follow about with ur advice now,coz local Nokia Care support here at Mapusa Goa. Was totally unaware of the offer and directed me to use the contact number you mentioned.

I'm waiting for more feedback from you

Regards,
Marshall Fernandes
Contributor
mailtoansh

Hi Michael

I bought nokia lumia 800 on 17th oct 2012 for the same I was getting free play360 speakers.

After all formalities on their website, I got approval from their play 360 team on 5th of nov 2012 that your nokia play 360 speakers has been validated and sent to courier company for shipment and you will receive them shortly.

But since then I have not received any speakers from Nokia.

I have called 20-30 times their customer care no. 30303838 , on which they always say that you have to wait for some time and you will get them very soon. But its been 3 month since I have bought Nokia lumia and I have not received speakers.

Also I have not get any communication from Nokia team since then.

Below is the mail which I have received from them on 5th Nov,2012

Hello Anshul,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are pleased to inform you that your claim for Nokia Play 360 speaker has been validated and your speaker has been sent to

the courier company for shipment.

For further assistance please feel free to contact our Nokia care number (area STD code) – 3030 3838.

*The shipment number/AWB number will only be available after 5 working days.

Warm Regards,

Nokia Play 360 Team

Please help in the same issue as its been very frustrating and annoying to call the customer care continuously and always get the same negative response.

This is highly unprofessional response from a very prestigious company like Nokia to its valuable customers.

Thanks and Regards

Anshul Goyal

Mobile Guru
ng85

Hi! Please contact Nokia Care via e-mail/Chat using the Nokia Support tab on the page below.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post as solution if it solves your problem.
Current Device - Nokia Lumia 1020/920
Contributor
mailtoansh

Its been more than 3 month but no one from nokia care to response me regarding my speakers.
They always say to wait me for some time and give me false promises that you will get your speakers very soon.
Its been very frustrating experience and I also feel cheated.
Can some one help me regarding the same issue??
Where can i complain against these people?
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

You need to contact Nokia care again and ask to make an official complaint. Unfortunately there is nothing the users of this forum can do to help you.
Contributor
mailtoansh

[ Edited ]

i have contacted them like more than 50 times if i count it literally but they don't care for this and when i ask them to complaint against them they say that do what you want to do.
We have michael as a community manager from Nokia, can michael help me?
Thanks