Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Freezing issue with Lumia 800

Contributor
mufasa2

I sended the phone to Nokia Care and they are going to change the screen. I'll update if it works.

Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

This problem has completely gone away for me now and my phone never crashes since updating to formware 12070.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
granzil

i have same issue to. in frimware 12070.. i have freezee when i listening music.. so what should i do?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
Subzenit

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lefteris1029

has anyone solved this issue??? my lumia 800 freezes every 5-10 minutes and i must lock and unlock the phone to fix this..... i've sent my phone for repair and it came back with the same problem..they didnt do anything!!!!!! the worst service ever!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Sage
Maijay

I've had a Lumia 800 since December - gone through all the various updates and my phone still locks up on ocassions. This morning it locked up while listening to a podcast.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
GavinWilliams

As people who have followed the thread will know.. I have two nokia L800's.  the only difference between the two of them was a .0.0.0.1 on the hardware revision, but the behaviour was radically different.

The earlier phone did the straight black screen brick lockout.. requiring a 15second power press to regain function.  I'm not sure if it is still doing it because I don't really use it any more. 

The slightly newer phone did the reboot 8 times an hour... the latest patch made *no* difference.. but what did happen was that it gradually faded away so that now I think it only reboots about once a day.  (I only notice it when the podcast rememberd spot resets to the previous day).

I changed the auomatica APN for Vodafone to the manual entries they put on their website..

I checked the seating of the sim...

now I don't touch anything in the phone in case it reverts.

HTH

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
limia

hii

I had purchased this phathetic handset 6 months back when it llaunched in Indian markets. Today I have got three replacement from NOKIA and in all of them same problem was there ,even though the service of NOKIA is also not so good they took around 10-12 days for each replacement. Dont know what kind of phones they wer

Do anyone have any contact of any senior person of nokia??

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lew15d

I have this problem when listening to music whilst answering texts! This was never a problem before unless my battery was running really low, but I have the latest update in the UK for the Lumia 800. If I want to listen to music, I have to be sure not to do anything else at the same time basically or it'll start lagging up the phone and then eventually freezes.

It would be nice if Nokia would release an update to fix this bug as it's not exactly "brilliant" really, and it doesn't make the phone very fun to use either.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thebesthhing

I need help with my Nokia Lumia 800. 

It keeps on fressing on my i just brought the phone from nokia can any one help as this stage. 

It gets hot and then it will fress and all you can do is restart the phone. 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nsdsso

I have also faced the same problem on my nokia lumia 800 but just once.

Had connected my headphones with the device and suddenly the phone freezed.On pressing any key the phone wasn't giving any kind of response.

please advice should I change the device or carry on using it,as i have been adviced to change the phone as it is still new.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lumu_lumo

Hi vishal2487,

Don't they have a return policy on the store where you have bought your device? My 7 month old Lumia 800 is already in refund process. I will get my money back in a 2weeks period.

Goodluck I'm out of Nokia/WP race for now, back to dumbphone which is more reliable.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
Dansercoer

Same problem. Why doesn't Nokia reply?

Please use plain text.
NoDakHank

I have a Nokia 822 that typically freezes after I charge it on the FatBoy charging pillow.  Not sure why, but I think it might be related to the same type of problem everyone else is having.

This might be a strange question, but does everyone with this problem have their phone is some type of solid case?  

I have an Otter case on mine that snaps on very tightly - was wondering if that could be affecting the phone.  I know that the back and search buttons won't work on it if I switch the sensitivity to "normal" - has to be on high for it to work.  

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
keila_

ive only been using my phone for around 2 weeks now, and it seems to always freeze whenever i am listening to music and texting at the same time, saturday 9th feb it froze for around 10 hours then sunday 10th feb it froze for 12 hours. i had no way of resetting it even by pressing all the buttons. could someone tell me why it does this?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
Henk2304

My Lumia 800 never froze as long as I’ve had it (from day one: November 17, 2011). But when updating to WP7.8 (nearly two weeks ago) it froze after the second of supposedly 3 updates. I restored it form the backup but with no luck. I could not switch it off since both hard en soft resets always powered the thing up. Only once I could enter my PIN-code but the screen (or so it seems) froze again; when driving in my car the Bluetooth connection worked OK and I could even make phone calls through the BT kit. So it looks as if there is some kind of screen problem.

It is in the repair shop now and I’m using my old Samsung S8000 Jet again :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
saybee

My Nokia Lumia 800 froze today too while listening to music. I was not on wifi at the time. Did the upgrades 3 days ago & was v happy with them so far. No lags/audio issues. In fact had no issues at all with the Lumia 800 since I bought it in 4 months ago (except the alarm doesn't ring when it's switched off & it switches itself on while charging even if I want it off... what's up with that? Grrrr)

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Michael475

My phone has froze again, and this is the 5th time since I got it in March 2012, but it didn't start until december 2012, I was listening to music and it just froze, and started playing the certain part of the song for about a hour or two until It Died, I delited the song cause I think it was the problem but I don't know what to do, does anyone know how to fix or resolve this problem, cause I share the same problem as this guy

Please use plain text.
Diamss

I had the same issue of my 800 freezing. Since I got it in Feb/Mar 2012 it froze every now and then, each time it was listening to music and writing a text. A "quick" holding of the buttons and it wirred back to life after a restart.

Then I had the 7.8 update and after once or twice freezing it completely died; no matter what combination I used it didn't come back on.

Like everyone else I turned to the internet for answers and found that this freezing seems to be a common fault with the Lumia. Strange how you don't find out about common faults until they actually happen...

I read up on the subject but have really only found customers registering their failed devices and very little by way of Nokia support.

I also found the software to carry out the firmware updates and apparently flash a dead phone...

As the phone was still under manufacturers warranty I decided to send it off.

And to be fair, the service was quick. They received my dead phone and the same day it was replaced and shipped back to me! I'm now expecting a new one tomorrow or Thursday.

As I'm waiting for my new Lumia 800 (?) to arrive, one thing does bug me. It is possible to flash a dead phone back to life; the software is available and people have successfully revived their devices.

My phone has been replaced. This means that my old phone, together with all my sensitive information, is still at Nokia.

How do I know that my phone is beyond repair? How can I be sure that my data and account access information has been deleted or destroyed? The implications of data loss and numerous security issues warrant tight security measures, who can verify that these policies have been carried out and my personal details are safe?

I now need to change the passwords on all my accounts ... and considering how most accounts interlink with each other and not just via a telephone, this is not a quick and easy task. Does this get taken into consideration when things go wrong?

I'm going to wait for my phone to arrive then see what the correspondence says. Bit nervous about what I'm getting too... an IMEI check showed a Nokia 2600!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
lumu_lumo

Hi Michael475,

I highly suspect its a hardware issue(antaena/hardware) + poor RAM management(OS).

When the device switch bands from 2G to 3G combined with other apps running on background there is a RAM leak forcing your device to lock-up.

My problem is resolved by asking for the refund of the purchase price of my 7month old Lumia 800.

Here in the Philippines, local Nokia Store has no exchange and refund policy they will only repair your device even though your device is faulty at day 1.

It's a good thing that I have purchased the FAULTY LUMIA 800from an authorized retailer rather than Nokia. I am planning to purchase Lumia 820 or 620 but if Nokia Store won't change this policy I will never purchase directly from them.

Try also reading the 808 Pureview discussion thread who's early batches also suffered from this problem.
Please use plain text.