Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

GPRS setting

Registered Member
siddu3728

GPRS setting

[ Edited ]

Hi, I brought new Lumia 710 and need to configure internet by BSNL sim but BSNL peoples are not have setting for windows phone. 

Moderator's note: Please do post personal information on a publick discussions board for security reasons.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: GPRS setting

[ Edited ]

Hi siddu3728,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

When first started with SIM inserted a Lumia Windows Phone will read Internet and MMS settings from the SIM if available. After that when you change SIM only Internet settings are read. To set Internet and MMS settings you can use the app 'Network Setup' which you will find in the Nokia Collection on Marketplace through the phone when availabe for your region. MMS is a data service and as such your mobile network data connection  (Settings>mobile network>Data connection) must be turned on to use MMS.

This app has settings for many carriers pre-set and also offers the option to enter the settings manually. You usually will be able to find these settings on your carriers website. When setup using the app is complete you should remove any settings in the manual apn settings from Settings>mobile network.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on with this. 
Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
viju1984

hi,
i have just bought Lumia 610 and iam trying to use GPRS through IDEA prepaid sim but unable to connect to internet.
Is there any manual settings available.....
Hw can i connect to internet using this SIM ?
Pls help.

Thx....
Vijendre
Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Please see this post

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Sanju154

Not usefull for BSNL

Kosh wrote:

Hi siddu3728,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

When first started with SIM inserted a Lumia Windows Phone will read Internet and MMS settings from the SIM if available. After that when you change SIM only Internet settings are read. To set Internet and MMS settings you can use the app 'Network Setup' which you will find in the Nokia Collection on Marketplace through the phone when availabe for your region. MMS is a data service and as such your mobile network data connection  (Settings>mobile network>Data connection) must be turned on to use MMS.

This app has settings for many carriers pre-set and also offers the option to enter the settings manually. You usually will be able to find these settings on your carriers website. When setup using the app is complete you should remove any settings in the manual apn settings from Settings>mobile network.

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on with this. 
Kosh

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arunsaldana

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Configue for BSNL GPRS settings manually in Windows Phones.

Settings>mobile network>Data connection must be on

Then add apn settings

Please use this link for settings.

http://www.bsnllive.info/howToaccess.html

Hope this helps.

Arun 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
riskyhacker

it doesn't works do u have any other way ? pls tellme how to use docomo 3g
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raghunandanam

i would like to add on a quick tip, restart the phone after making changes to access point! this helped me...
Please use plain text.