Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Gapless playback in Nokia Music

Registered Member
nankivellb

Gapless playback in Nokia Music

I have previously owned a HTC Windows Phone and one main point of annoyance was the Zune application. Zune did not support gapless playback of stored music which was not ideal as I have many mixes that, on other phones/music players, would play as they are intended with no gaps.

Has this been addressed in the Nokia Music app or are there still gaps?

Please use plain text.
Ex-Technical Expert (retired)
jakke

Re: Gapless playback in Nokia Music

I didn't test with mixed tracks, but I think there are still gaps between the tracks. When comparing to Nokia N8 there isn't noticeable difference in track change time.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nankivellb

So on the N8 does not support gapless playback either?

This really is a deal breaker as a modern digital music player should ship with this as standard. Is there any plans to bring gapless playback to the Nokia Music app?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
alaingaetan

isn't it possible to get gapless music on the symbian belle update. i want to use my E7 as a musicplayer too. but the interruptions are disturbing...
Please use plain text.
Sage
lillracksingen

It is the small features like gapless playback (mixes, concert recordings), resume where last left off (audiobooks, podcasts), audioscrubbing etc that makes the difference between a good and a mediocre music player.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei

amdon wrote:

i want to use my E7 as a musicplayer too. 

What's preventing you from doing so? The E7 has a built-in music player and supports all sorts of audio formats, playlists, etc., and you can plug in headsets or the phone to any music system with a line-in connector.

Please use plain text.