Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Gapless playback on the Windows 8 phones

seg_fault

Gapless playback on the Windows 8 phones

In 2006 my iPod was able to properly play gapless albums.

My iPhone was able to play gapless albums.

My partner was able to download a gapless player onto their Android.

Why doesn't Windows Phone play gapless albums properly?

Is it too difficult to write a music player on Windows Phone 8 that supports gapless?

Are there so few customers liking gapless albums it isn't worth the development effort?

Very confused...

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: Gapless playback on the Windows 8 phones

[ Edited ]

This is a question that you really should ask Microsoft as it is their operating system on the phone, not Nokia's.
http://answers.microsoft.com

Also have you searched the market to see if an alternative gapless media player exists? I found one after a quick search but their may be more.

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/subsonic-music-streamer/2eb445a5-ca04-e011-9264-00237de2...

seg_fault

That's my question: is the lack of gapless due to a fundamental shortcoming of the OS or has no one made an app that can do it?

I'll raise it in the MS forum, but its valid here I think given my phone comes with Nokia Music pre-installed (which doesn't support gapless).

Regarding the subsonic app, it requires one to run a streaming server component on a PC somewhere attached to their music collection which is a bit 'heath robinson' for my taste.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Nokia Music uses the default player for audio playback. I would agree that having no gapless playback is a big shortcoming in the OS. On WP7.x it is not possible to have alternative players at alll, it appears it would be possible on WP8 but he jury is still out on this for now.

It is one of the things I do not like about WP..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..