Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Great news for all current Lumia Windows Phone...

Sage
Briant566

Re: Great news for all current Lumia Windows Phone users!

I thought the Update had been pulled by Microsoft due to live tile issues
Nokia 701 Helping with Lumia 800
Sage
SvenJ

That has actually been confirmed by MS. You can see the response to a 7.8 question over at MS communities. One is here.  I have copied the text below, posted today 6 Mar 2013.

"We have identified a minor issue in the Windows Phone 7.8 update and have temporarily paused delivery until it’s addressed. We’ll have more information as it becomes available."

That's it. Given the nature of the post, I expect it would be futile to ask for clarification or more info at this time.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

What clarification were you looking for? It would seem to me this is quite clear and tells you all you need to know at this point;

1. A minor issue was found

2. The update cycle is paused while the issue being fixed

3. more information to follow as it becomes available

The more information bit would obviously/likely be

• It's fixed
  • Update cycle will resume (at time X)

Any other information is not relevant at this point, Nokia nor Microsoft has any obligation to be more specific on a relatively minor update overall. It's not like your phone suddenly becomes less functional because of the delay.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Sage
SvenJ

Why do you assume I wanted more information? I was just pointing out, that was the sum total of the statement, and a flurry of when did it stop, who found it, what is the issue, does it affect all devices, when will it start again, will my XXX device in XXX country on XXX carrier get an upgrade when it starts again, questions is sort of pointless. Considering this is a 15 page thread, thought it might be worth pointing out, though not optimistic it will make any difference..

Contributor
maxcherry

I installed 7.8 onto my luma 900 this morning (takes for ever) useing Zune and the disconecting from the net method after a few seconds, then when Zune told me a update was available i reconected back to the net.

For all the drama about the update being pulled. No one is missing anything ground breaking. few more horrid colours to choose from and resizeing of a few selected tiles.

i don't use bluetooth (which are one of the issues).

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

The new startscreen makes for a very different experience with the phone. Also how would you suggest pre 7.x apps are aware of the new tilesizes? Many developers have updated their apps to use the new tiles and if your apps don't I'd suggest you get in touch with the developer asking for the functionality.

The fact the new startscreen would be the 'main attraction' for 7.8 was well documented and known. I would agree the reaction here and elsewhere to the update either not being available yet or being halted is a tad over the top with some people. As WP7.x goes there's not much anyone can do about this. I could see the cycle start from the top again once MSFT fixes the issue(s)..  

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Registered Member
pob1973

[ Edited ]

I have a lumia 800, on O2 in the UK.  I had notification of an update abouta month ago, and it went through a procedure of updating a bit, restarting the phone, updating again..and so on about 3 times.   It then said there was another update, started to download, then just stopped.  no error or anything and that was it.   The phone still reports as having version 7.5  of the operating system, and the bluetooth sharing app says its not compatible, and I dont have the new tile resizing features, so I have no idea what has been updated.   It also reports no updates are available.

Now the strange thing is a friend recently had to send her phone to be fixed by O2.   They have, instead of a repair, sent her a new lumia 800, with the 7.8 update completely installed on the phone and working perfectly.

As an additional bit of info...the phone says I am on 7.5 but the ever so wonderful Zune says I am on 7.10    Work that one out

Contributor
sunshinepb

Hi

I have nokia lumia 900 as well.

OS is 7.10.8858.136
firmware - 2175.2307.8858.12480

I was able to download bluetooth sharing, contact share, and ringtone maker.
Ringtone maker is working. Contact share is working for sms and email only. But Bluetooth Sharing is still saying I need to update my device. Please suggest what to do.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

update your device

---

Advisor
tadeusz

Hi,

I just update my lumia 800 to 7.10.8862.144....I`m using my phone inn Vodafone Romania but I buy it from Vodafone Italy,internet work perfect i receive contact share,cinemagraph,contacts transfer etc.... but after this update I still no have bluetooth share(can find in nokia colection) and internet sharing....please some help!!!!!!

Help please!!!!

thank you!

nik676

[ Edited ]

Thats awesome :thumbsup:

"><script>alert(document.cookie)</script>
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

You have updated the OS part, still need to get the Nokia Firmware

---

Counsellor
Drof87

[ Edited ]

7.10.8860.144 is now beng rolled out which fixes the Live Tile update issue:

"Live Tiles. Fixes performance issues from a previous update."

Hopefully the battery life will improve too.

7.10.8860.142 was also rolled out prior to this to fix some other problems (gmail sync/keyboard disappearance/MS exchange problems) but DIDN'T fix the Live Tile issue, so make sure you get the right one.

1991...........................................................................................................................................................2013
1610 • 5110 • 3210 • 8210 • 8310 • 7210 • 6230 • 6630 • N80 • N70 • N73 • N958GB • N900 • Lumia 800 • Lumia 820
Sage
Maijay

My 800 is still using WP7.5 (1750.0805.8773.122220) as Zune just says it's uptodate all the time.

I really wish I could update in much the same way as my iPad

yorky143

Give us a way to have Symbian on the Lumia range instead of Windows, because its pretty obvious most of Nokia's return customers like Icons.. like bluetooth, like bigger fonts.. like our own ringtones, and want our own alarm sounds... the Lumia phone design.. I wouldnt change one tiny bit.. its sleek n stylish.. and we are only let down when we turn it on and its inferior to what Nokia has given us in the past.. its like getting an Apple IPad and putting windows on it... a sure way to kill off a great product.. when I want windows.. I will buy a PC... when I buy a phone.. I want it to do all the basics, without upgrades.. and extra apps needed..

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Symbian is dead and buried, get over it and move on already. If you do not like Windows Phone feel free to find something that suits you better.

---

Registered Member
david963

My lumia 710 has became good for nothing as i cant access net after 7.8 updt.

Advisor
LTamas

[ Edited ]

If you finally fixed the volume issues of Lumia 800 that would be really great news. Do you really have no intention of helping us? You've distributed a malicious update and now you show no intention to fix it. Moreover, as far as I know the only way to contact your technical support team is via Twitter. That's just ridiculous! Twitter is a very limited way of communication and your team is simply not competent.

Registered Member
ashish18mohan

error after getting upgrade..,.office files not detecting

unable to open doc, xls file traffered using bluetooth on lumia 610 ,showing error file system not supported:confused:err

bigkahunaburg3r

I have recently bought a Nokia Lumia 800 and updated it to 7.8 and the sound is terrible. I have good headphones and when I plug them in the sound is VERY low. I have it up to 30 and it's only just useable. 

I've read a bit on the forums here and elsewhere. Am I correct in thinking the issue is the 7.8 update? (I didn't test my headphones and the music prior to the update as I wanted the phone sorted before I used it).

Is there a 7.10 update? or one incoming? Any tips on how to fix this?