Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Having trouble with 7.8 update for Lumia 800

Contributor
OtoChan

Having trouble with 7.8 update for Lumia 800

I tried to update my Lumia 800 to the 7.8 update but it seems to freeze at step 6 out of step 10.

I left the update to run over night which was for around 9 hours and when I woke up this morning, it was still at step 6 out of step 10.

Is this a bug? or something wrong with my phone/zune?

Please use plain text.
JT1984

I've had exactly the same issue

The two prior updates were fine (NOKIA update for Windows Phone/Windows Phone Update) but attempting the 7.8 update results in the same failure

Tried this twice in fact, same issue both times

Using Zune on Windows 8, if that matters

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

First try disabling firewall and virus checker, else make sure your personal data is backed up or synced as far as possible, then reset the phone using Settings>about>reset your phone.

When the reset is done try again.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikesl750

Hi, I am also confused by the update. I'm in the UK. On the Nokia UK website they are listing a new version of software available for my Lumia 800, the long awaited windows 7.8, however, when I connect my phone to Zune, it tells me "your phone is up to date, current software version 7.1 (8773)

In the about details of my phone it tells me I'm on windows 7.5 with firmware version 1750.0805.8773.12220, this is the same version that was listed on the nokia support website prior to the update. My phone is unlocked and not tied to a carrier although I'm on O2.

Is anyone else having this problem?

When searching the internet for further info, some websites are stating the update is now available globally on Zune.

Have I got a problem or has the update not been released afterall?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Maybe find the search function on the top of the page to find this.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
mikesl750

Thanks for the suggestion, already used the search function and found the thread I posted on, Seems strange that Nokia UK have updated the software version listed on their website but its not to be found on Zune, surely if they have announced the update it should be available now, we've waited long enough for it!!!

Thanks for your input anyway.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Read the post again, you missed a spot..

There is nothing strange going on at all, The latest available version for the Lumia 800 _in general_ is listed on the website.

The post I linked to and thus kind of suggested you read explains why it may not yet be available for _your_ phone through Zune.

---

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

I've got the update and got lots of pretty new colours, got the Bluetooth app from the marketplace, can't find the ringtone app anywhere and can't find any way of re sizing tiles.

Was the latter part of this update?
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

May not be available in your region.. complaints can go to Nokia Support as no one here can do anything about that.

---

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
sarkarsanjib

updated the lumia but no change.....bluetooth share not running too....

Please use plain text.
Professor
caitlin1759

[ Edited ]

paulheu wrote:

May not be available in your region.. complaints can go to Nokia Support as no one here can do anything about that.

lc

Were people complaining ? seemed to be asking for clarification. You stated in another thread the ringtone maker worked fine in UK whereas according to the Marketplace it's not available in UK

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

It was when I installed it. It can be it's been withdrawn for now or there is another reason.. And I guess some may not get a sarcasm joke unless accompanied by a smilie .;^}

---

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
mattdc

This doesnt answer the OP's issue with his update problems, but those of you in the UK that arent able to get the 7.8 update is down to Nokia staging the rollout of the update. This is done via the specific part number of the device I believe, which differs between mobile operators and can also vary for sim free phones depending on the channel that was it originally purchased via.....

If like me you get tired of waiting for the update to become available for your phone, you could always try the info at the end of this link: click me!

Please use plain text.
jaxxy8214

Hello, I have encountered the same problem yesterday and after two "cancel" of update installations I have changed the USB cable and everything was fine after that. Initially I used another USB cable than the original Nokia cable. Good luck !

Please use plain text.
Basr

Hi paulheu,

Here in Holland I have still this problem with my lumia 800. It has to do someting with a driver called "Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM".

I've try to figure if it has to do something with the bootloader of the phone or the computer. I've tried several computers but no results.

Hope for a reply,

Bas

Please use plain text.
Sage
liolisac

Hello, 

I have the same problem. Comes to step 6 restarting phone and than update process doesn`t continue. I have Lumia 800. It updated to latest version of firmware from Nokia 12460, but OS updtae from current version 7.10.8779.8.

I have german based Telekom Deutschland SW phone with currently Italian sim card and on laptop I have official windows 8 PRO installed.

Please help

Please use plain text.
JT1984

Thanks for the replies - just letting you know I've sorted this now...

After failing three times I switched to a USB2 port rather than USB3 and it worked 

Please use plain text.
Sage
liolisac

Hello, I also sorted problem. Nokia firmware installed correctly but with OS update I had problem with that "qualcomm cdma technologies msm" problem. I have laptop with windows 8 PRO. So it just used another computer with windows 7. It installed OS update, andter that 7.8 update didn`t work again the same problem. Than I connected phon with another "third different" computer and I got normaly 7.8 update without problems. Don`t know why this is like this...but I am glad it is working now. I love 7.8 and bluetooth file transfer app is working good.

BR

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Gakubuchi

I have the same exact problem. In step 6, the phone is restarted but it is detected as somthing like "Qualcomm CDMA technologies" and Zune stays waiting for the phone to restart endleslly.

I've googled a bit and I found it is something related to the bootloader, that our Lumias have a version that was not intended to be available to the public. It should be something called a DLOAD bootloader. It is funny as I have always installed the official firmwares when they were available...

I have tried with two different computers (all with windows 8) with no luck...

Nokia, could you bring us some solution to install this update?

Please use plain text.
leavyz

Hi I bought a lumia800 second hand it use to be on 02 Ireland it was unlocked to any network then I bought it and its in meteor.ie but I havnt got update 7.8 yet and so I was wondering can you please help me please
Please use plain text.