Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to downgrade my Lumia 510 WP 7.8 to WP 7.5?

donil

How to downgrade my Lumia 510 WP 7.8 to WP 7.5?

[ Edited ]

How to restore lumia 510 7.5 rom from 7.8

Moderator's note: We have edited your post.  A more appropriate subject was provided so that other users can easily help you.

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: How to downgrade my Lumia 510 WP 7.8 to WP 7.5?

Why would you want to do that? Are you having some issues with 7.8 that we may be able to help you with?

Zune gives the option to roll back after some updates but I do not know if major updates can be rolled-back. Connect your phone to zune and have a look.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

psychomania wrote:
Zune gives the option to roll back after some updates but I do not know if major updates can be rolled-back. 

Can't rollback with Zune and should elicit message in this resource:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2717354

That said warranty considerations apart, Windows Phone OS is not like Symbian device with inability to downgrade software and technically any Lumia device can be flashed with any available software version.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

raghuramsarathy

Re: How to downgrade my Lumia 610 WP 7.8 to WP 7.5?

hello, i recently updated my nokia lumia 610 via seven eighter update tool but i selected only the english language(us) instead of selecting all the languages.now my phone is updated to wp 7.8 but its showing the os as wp 7.5 .the problems im facing are i cannot increase the volume more than 17/30, im not able to use lock + wallpaper option in my phone.is there any ways to downgrade my os and fix this problem??

Mobile Overlord
jimmyireland

As pointed out already No.

If  i have helped at all a click on the white star below would be nice thanks.

Now using the Lumia 1520
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

raghuramsarathy wrote:

hello, i recently updated my nokia lumia 610 via seven eighter update tool but i selected only the english language(us) instead of selecting all the languages.now my phone is updated to wp 7.8 but its showing the os as wp 7.5 .the problems im facing are i cannot increase the volume more than 17/30, im not able to use lock + wallpaper option in my phone.is there any ways to downgrade my os and fix this problem??

Sound like you only partially updated. That aside by your own admission you used an unofficial way of updatingthe phone which basically means you invalidated your warranty and it might also prevent your phone from receiving the remaining updates.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

raghuramsarathy

thanks for ur reply.so there is no solution for this problem??
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

At this point your best bet would be to have a Nokia Care Point flash the device for you. This will erase all personal content so make sure you have it backed up.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Registered Member
Chris_RG

The situation for me is i had to send my phone to Nokia to be fixed and it came back with 7.8 on and I'm struggling to get my backup to restore.. I need it for the text messages.. Hope you can help.. Thank you
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The thread above already answers your question.