Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to enter the unlock code for Lumia

Advisor

How to enter the unlock code for Lumia

I am on a contract with Vodafone UK. I raised a request to unlock my phone as I am travelling abroad. I have got a reply back from Nokia with a lengthy number with the words starting #pw+. I believe it is not possible to type the letters pw on windows phone dialler. So, how do I unlock the phone/ where do I enter the number ?

Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Re: How to enter the unlock code for Lumia

Not tried it on a windows phone but generally you are prompted to enter the unlock code after you've inserted a different sim into a locked phone.

So the easiest option is to either borrow someone's non-voda sim or get a free PAYG non-voda sim and pop it in to see if it triggers the restriction prompt.
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@dreamerB

To unlock Windows Phone from AT&T in US an eight digit code is entered after PIN prompt so is not presented in the Symbian #pw+1234567890+1# format.

Similar problems arise in N9 where "p" and "w" can be entered by repeated presses upon "*" but not the "+" by this method.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Advisor

@astergerguy I just dialled up Nokia care regarding the same and the person repeatedly told me that none of the Nokia Lumia 800 phones are locked to a career !! He kept insisting it. However, since I do not have another micro sim, I am unable to test it.

I have an Omnia 7 and the procedure is different... similar to what you said. So, I dont know what the answer is. Can some Nokia rep please answer the query?

Advisor

That should have read 'Carrier'.. I think I need a career change!!!

Counsellor
biggzyn80

I have checked my Lumia that came from T-mobile UK and that is locked, i cant get any other sim to work in my device, it asks me to enter a PIN to unlock the handset, iv tried an o2, giff gaff and 3 sim.

Adam.
Advisor

Well, I was able to borrow one of my friend's sim and it worked ! So, maybe Vodafone Lumias are not locked.. but others are. But, the Nokia support personnel confidently told me that the Lumias arent locked. Its all a mess
Mobile Sensei

dreamerB wrote:
Well, I was able to borrow one of my friend's sim and it worked ! So, maybe Vodafone Lumias are not locked.. but others are. But, the Nokia support personnel confidently told me that the Lumias arent locked. Its all a mess

Why? To me it seems like not much of a mess, if all Lumia's are unlocked and you don't need to worry about anything.

In any case, it isn't very confidential at least any more, if it ever was, when you've posted it on the internet. :smileywink:

Mobile Guru
93tid

petrib wrote:

dreamerB wrote:

Why? To me it seems like not much of a mess, if all Lumia's are unlocked and you don't need to worry about anything.

In any case, it isn't very confidential at least any more, if it ever was, when you've posted it on the internet. :smileywink:

Nokia support CONFIDENTLY told him all Lumias are unlocked, whilst two posts up there is proof that this is incorrect. That is the perceived mess. There is nothing about confidentiality in dreamer's post.

Mobile Sensei

Ah! Temporal dyslexia on my part, then.

Advisor
parison

[ Edited ]

@biggzyn80, 

What's your Nokia Lumia model?

You can too try the following instructions:

1.Reinsert the SIM your mobile

2.Another SIM insert your mobile

3.your Sim insert another one mobile

Moderator's Note: Part of the message was edited out as a third party website to unlock a device was provided. This is not an authorized procedure. Hence, discussion is not allowed in the forum.