Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to exit internet explorer browser

Sage
matthewleech
Accepted Solution

How to exit internet explorer browser

Can somebody tell me how to exit internet explorer without backing out through my current session's entire browsing history?

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
JCVD

Re: How to exit internet explorer browser

uh? Just hit the Start/Home button...
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

The Windows button switches IE (and all other apps) to background, the way to properly close an application is back out of it, but in the case of IE the only way to back out is to first backup through your browsing history.

Am I wrong?

Please use plain text.
Sage
Neverryn

pull your menu up from the bottom (where bookmarks is). hit tabs at the top. On the current tab should be a little X on the top right. if you press that x, then ie will open a blank page. Now if you press back to exit. it should close straight away.
Please use plain text.
Sage
matthewleech

Hmmm, four taps to exit the web browser cleanly. Still, it does the job :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

Please use plain text.