Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: How to stop an EE 920 from rebooting constantl...

Registered Member
Bak2Life

How to stop an EE 920 from rebooting constantly when registering the SIM

OK,

For all you EE customers out there here is what I did and how I got it working on 2G and 3G but not 4G.

1. Get a phone that can take your 3G SIM.  I found my Nokia Lumia 800 for carphone warehouse worked.

2. Put your SIM in and let it register 2G.

3. On your 920 with no SIM in, go to Settings -> mobile network and TURN DATA OFF

4. Get your now registered SIM from your old/other phone and put it in your 920 and boot it up.

5. The phone should now boot and not crash.

6. Go to Setings -> Mobile Network and change "Highest Connection Speed" to 3G and then turn the "data connection" back on.

7. Life should be pretty good now (unless you live in a 4G area).

I don't so if someone can take the obvious next step and turn 4G back on and see if it crashes again I would appreciate it.

This has been the summation of a VERY frustrating 2 weeks but now my absolutely fantastic phone operates as a fantastic phone not just some awsome version of the iPod Touch :smileywink:.

Thanks,

DQ

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sonic78_1

Re: How to stop an EE 920 from rebooting constantly when registering the SIM

Please use plain text.
Advisor

Re: How to stop an EE 920 from rebooting constantly when registering the SIM

First of all thanks to everyone who contributed to this topic, got it all sorted because of the information here.

However, went to the EE shop where I had absolutely no luck with the "person" who served me. Told me in an absolutely deplorable manner to go back and call EE again, refused to let me get my sim into a non-nokia 4G phone.

Went next door to phones4u and got everything sorted. Girl even had to break open a new noteII to register the simcard. Kudos to Phones4u!

Basically, get the sim registered in a different 4g phone. 3g phones are no good and new Lumias 920 will not solve the problem!

Please use plain text.