Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to syn multiple google calendars

Advisor
Accepted Solution

How to syn multiple google calendars

Hi, I share my calendar with my wife's gmail calendar. Now on my Lumia 720 my appointments have synced but I am not sure how to set up the phone so it will also sync my Wife's calendar. Do I need to add her account on to my phone and just tag calendar and unchecked contacts etc?

I used to have a iphone and once set up through m.google.com both my wife's calendar and mine appeared in different colors on the phone.

Any advice on how to achieve this on a lumia 720 would be much appreciated.

Thanks. James

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: How to syn multiple google calendars

Hi, thanks for your post and question.

You will have probably shared or linked to your wife's calendar to one on your own account. In that case, on your Lumia, browse to google.com/calendar, sign in and select settings to add the calendar to the synced list.

The option you mentioned of adding your wife's account to the Lumia and only selecting to sync calendars would also work. You can make this selection after the account has been setup by returning to the account setup in Settings>email+accounts. Mail and contacts (if synced by then) will be removed and only calendars are synced.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Professor

If you go for the multiple account option I would recommend seting the google account up as Outlook (Exchange an Office 365)

The settings required are available here, ignore the fact its an old Windows phone and use the key, user, domain and server settings.

http://support.google.com/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&topic=14299&answer=138636

This has worked much more successfully for me than using the inbuilt 'Google' account type.

Good luck

John

John32
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

The Google account in Windows Phone actually uses the Exchange Active Sync profile so it will not make a difference either way. The only thing to remember is to create the account and when that is finished go back to the setup and disable the sync items you do not want.

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Advisor

Thanks for the replies. google.com/calendar just took me to the web version of calender and I could not get at the settings. I went to http://m.google.com/sync instead and saw nokia calendar and my wifes, ticked the box and clicked save. I did it about 5 mins ago and it has not synced yet on to my phone but I will report back when it does. If I have missed anything let me know. I also went in to settings under calendar on my phone and could not see my wifes calendar there yet.

Thanks again for your help.

James

Professor

Kosh wrote:

The Google account in Windows Phone actually uses the Exchange Active Sync profile so it will not make a difference either way. The only thing to remember is to create the account and when that is finished go back to the setup and disable the sync items you do not want.

Thanks for claifying that

John

John32
Advisor

Thanks for your help. I added my wifes account and then unchecked contacts and emails and it works a treat:smileyhappy:

Novice190

Please help!

I have a similar problem... I have two different calendars on google but only one has copied over to my Nokia Lumia calendar.  How do I get it to show?

Also, the one that has copied only shows in the agenda tab and not in the 'day' tab.  Is there any way of getting it to show in the day tab and the month to view?

Confused!

Mobile Overlord
farby

Novice190 wrote:

Please help!

I have a similar problem... I have two different calendars on google but only one has copied over to my Nokia Lumia calendar.  How do I get it to show?

Also, the one that has copied only shows in the agenda tab and not in the 'day' tab.  Is there any way of getting it to show in the day tab and the month to view?

Confused!

Have a look here

Novice190

thank you, i did look there earlier but when i go to the website, there is no where to log in and there is no device list. The advice appears to be out of date. The chap in the O2 shop also said it appeared that the website no longer exists?
Mobile Overlord
farby

[ Edited ]

Novice190 wrote:
thank you, i did look there earlier but when i go to the website, there is no where to log in and there is no device list. The advice appears to be out of date. The chap in the O2 shop also said it appeared that the website no longer exists?

Think its still valid since at the bottom of the link provided..it says 

Applies to : Windows Phone 8 for Consumers

..and worked just about 1-1/2 month back as mentioned here

Registered Member
chrizle

I too have the same problem, goes to website version, and does not display device list, help would be greatly appreciated!!
Registered Member
mkeskine

I had the same problem (had multiple Google accounts, but only one synced with the calendar of my Lumia 620), and found the sollution from here:

http://wonderreader.tumblr.com/post/7360213627/multiple-google-calendars-windows-phone

I didn't had to do the JavaScript part, though, but otherwise I did as adviced. Also, I had difficulties at first as my Safari browser changed m.google.com/sync automatically to www-version. However, the https://m.google.com/sync/settings  worked just fine: I could immediately locate my Windows Phone and change the calendar settings to also allow other calendars to sync.