Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

How to use ZUNE with windows phone Lumia 710

Registered Member
MichellePham

How to use ZUNE with windows phone Lumia 710

I signed up an account windows live, it allows me to download everything on marketplace. I also downloaded ZUNE set up on my laptop ( OS: Windows 7 ) and create an account on ZUNE. But when I plugged in my phone into laptop, on screen, the ZUNE said "No device is connected". I don't know why. 

And I want to tranfer music and pictures from my laptop to phone and vice versa. How can I do that if ZUNE said No device is connected? 

Thanks you 

Counsellor
Flakmonkey

Re: How to use ZUNE with windows phone Lumia 710

Could be a few things,
First, try just using a different usb port or if your connecting the phone through a usb hub try a direct connection instead.
Also i believe a usb 2.0/3.0 is required, if you have an older laptop you may only have a usb 1 port.

If none of the above works, dial ##634# to install diagnostics. Open the diagnostic app and goto settings to check if the phone is in zune or serial mode.

Beyond that i have no idea
Advisor
joaofcosta

Last saturday (25th) I could connect to a lumia 710 device, but the hang up bug led me to exchange the device yesterday (28th). Now, on the same computer, I can't connect and even tried to install it on another computer and still no luck.
No updates isntalled since saturday - coudl it be that the certificate on 710 is dead?
Advisor
joaofcosta

Hahahaha! Maybe Nokia should hire me!
Change your computer date to 23th Feb, for example... and the device is connected!

It's so stupid, but I believe Nokia is a stupid company because they can't even make a button to hang up call properly (without taking the battery off!)
Mobile Sensei
carman58

Saw a similar problem on Twitter and similar solution which worked .

"guys, solution!! disconnect device, forget device in zune, close zune, change date to 2nd march then reconnect device,  wait until 2nd march before you change back date on pc !, "

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

Advisor
joaofcosta

Love this! Maybe MS/Nokia don't know what a leap year is!
satishrajdev

Hey plz tell me how to connect Lumia 710 to zune which is already installed in my pc.

HOw can i change date format, plz give me example

I bought it on this Tuesday, i m trying from yesterday but still didn't get any results. It is showing "Cant connect your phone, Disconnect It restart it, then try connecting again........"

please help me out
Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

[ Edited ]

Go to Settings > Date+time > and in "Set automatically" > slide to Off and try changing date to March 2nd.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Mobile Sensei
carman58

AFAIK the change of date is required on the PC, as the issue is with Zune and not the LUmia handset, however as the issue is unlikely to arise again for another 4 years this thread will be long gone ? BTW if you have issues changing the date on your computer click the bottom right hand corner of the screen.

If I have helped at all, a click on the White Star is always appreciated :

you can also help others by marking 'accept as solution:smileyhappy:

satishrajdev

I tried but still it is now working,

today is 2nd march now I have given 3rd march date to my PC and in my cell it is 2nd march but still it is showing you device is not connected,

should I change my phone date also to 3rd march or what?

Advisor
SIDDHANTG

THIS IS A REQUEST AND COMPLAINT TO ALL THE GUYS AT NOKIA

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

DEVELOP A PC SUITE OR DRIVER THAT WOULD ALLOW ME TO TRANSFER FILES BETWEEN MY NOKIA LUMIA 710 AND MY PC OFFLINE.

PLEASE DONT TELL ME TO USE SKY DRIVE.

I HOPE YOU GUYS REALIZE THAT IT IS THE MOST SERIOUS FLAW AND THE DUMBEST MISTAKE THAT A SOFTWARE DEVELOPER COULD EVER MAKE BY NOT INCLUDING THE ABILITY TO TRNSFER FILES BETWEEN

A COMPUTER SYSTEM AND A MOBILE DEVICE.

I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO TELL ME ;

YOU CAN USE SKYDRIVE AND WE GIVE YOU 7 GIGS OF FREE STORAGE AND BLAH BLAH.

FINE I APPRECIATE THAT BUT PLEASE GIVE US THE ABILITY TO TRANSFER THE FILES OFFLINE AS WELL.

I KNOW WE HAVE ZUNE, BUT IT IS LIMITED TO THE SYNCING OF PICTURES AND VIDEOS AND SONGS.

WHAT ABOUT DOCS???

HOW COULD YOU EVEN NEGLECT THE ABILITY TOTRANSFER DOCS??

IREQUEST YOU TO EITHER UPGRADE SKY DRIVE OR ZUNE FOR OFFLINE DOCS TRANSFER BECAUSE IT IS THE MOST ESSENTIAL MISSING FEATURE

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

@SIDDHANTG

It is pointless blaming Nokia as never part of Windows Phone 7 specification, whereas USB connectivity is a feature of Windows Mobile 8.

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Advisor
SIDDHANTG

@mobilesensai

I know that .

I have also posted this on the windows phone site.

But I just want to be heard from both the sides.

And if Nokia can find a solution to my problem, what is wrong??