Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Re: Lumia 1520 Screen Sensitivity

Mobile Guru
93tid

new_1520_user wrote:

He was saying that he "confirmed it with Nokia".

Meaning what exactly ? That someone in a repair centre fobbed him off with the usual "it will be fixed with the next update" fairy tale ? If Nokia confirmed it to him why not to everyone here ? It's your choice to keep on dreaming for a software fix, I hope you don't miss your warranty window to get it done properly.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Anyone that still says this is a software issue needs smacking round the head with a faulty 1520!
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
new_1520_user

psychomania wrote:
Anyone that still says this is a software issue needs smacking round the head with a faulty 1520!

Just cause they're clueless to how to fix it it, it doesn't mean 100 percent it's not in software. It means either hardware or outrageous incompetence of their programming staff. Now I've seen a whole lot of that coming from Microsoft lately so I don't know. 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

new_1520_user wrote:

Just cause they're clueless to how to fix it it, it doesn't mean 100 percent it's not in software. It means either hardware or outrageous incompetence of their programming staff. Now I've seen a whole lot of that coming from Microsoft lately so I don't know. 

Trust me it is a hardware issue.  I can make the problem happen on a 1520 that didn't have this issue, that's how I know it's hardware. I did this on a display model in a store by gently flexing the device, similar to how it would flex in a pocket.

If you want to carry on in denial in a hope that it will be fixed then that is entirely your choice, but please stop trying to tell people it could be a software issue.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
new_1520_user

[ Edited ]

psychomania wrote:

new_1520_user wrote:

Trust me it is a hardware issue.  I can make the problem happen on a 1520 that didn't have this issue, that's how I know it's hardware. I did this on a display model in a store by gently flexing the device, similar to how it would flex in a pocket.

If you want to carry on in denial in a hope that it will be fixed then that is entirely your choice, but please stop trying to tell people it could be a software issue.

Look, I thank you for sharing the reasons why you think it's hardware, however I can think of a number of reasons why your argumentation may be flawed (the most obvious of which - how do you know the store phone didn't have it- because you played with it 5 minutes before?). My preference is really not to continue with this as I don't have the technical expertise to determine this or to argue beyond common sense observations which prove nothing definitive.

Again I would I appreciate if you didn't try to impose anything on me and what (not) to say as long as you don't have the authority or expertise.

Also, please, I am not in "denial", in the "hope" that "someday" my device will be fixed and I will be happy. I have a life and trust me, the means to get myself whatever device I please.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

Why do you cling to the hope that the issue is software? Are you one of those that brought without a warranty?
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
new_1520_user

psychomania wrote:
Why do you cling to the hope that the issue is software? Are you one of those that brought without a warranty?

I just told you I'd rather just go to the store and get myself another phone rather than deal with Nokia. Yes I do have the warranty. Yes I knew about the issue even during the 30 days when I could have gone back to the brick and mortar Microsoft store where I got it and replace or refund. I just don't care about wasting my time with this.

Will you please give me a break with "hope". Why can't you accept people can have motivations other than simply some kind of petty financial grief?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

All I ask is that you stop trying to give others false hope that this will be resolved in software. It really is a hardware fault and an anonymous source of mine within Nokia has confirmed it but obviously I cannot prove that.

People with this issue need to stand up and take action, not sit back and hope. There is no point in debating this further, it's peoples choice whether they choose to believe me or not.

You personally can do whatever you want to. If you are happy to stick with the phone as it is then that's your choice. 

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
new_1520_user

I am as outraged as anyone by the lack of a Nokia answer to this, be it hardware or software, and if you check my posts, in no way I encouraged people to "sit back and hope".

Btw, a while ago I was asked via Nokia email to fill out this survey, which I did, expressing my complete and utter dissapointment with their conduct. They came back asking for a phone number and I gave it to them, if they call, I'll point (again) to this forum and another thread where someone made a poll, where it turned out 80% of owners had the issue at least to some extent.

I encourage people to fill out surveys, complain to Nokia directly, send phones back and anything that they deem necessary.

That doesn't prevent me from making educating guesses, just like you are making, and I'm glad you are coming up with new info every time you post. I will be happy to see this settled, and see you having been right about it all along. I just want to see an official answer. Until then, it's everyone's prerogative to express their opinion.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Linear2202

Honestly, this thread is no longer helpful at all. A bunch of armchair engineers arguing of where the problem is, how to duplicate it and how to resolve it.

Unsubscribing.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

My intention on this thread was not to be an armchair engineer or to argue. It was to simply speak the truth about this issue being hardware. Sadly some folk feel the need to believe what they want to believe. I don't care if people believe me as I can't back up my source, I only wanted to share what I know.

Anyone waiting for Nokia to admit this issue is going to be very disappointed. Personally I don't care what people do with their 1520s as it's their decisions on what to believe and what to do.
Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

new_1520_user wrote:

I am as outraged as anyone by the lack of a Nokia answer to this, be it hardware or software, and if you check my posts, in no way I encouraged people to "sit back and hope".

I encourage people to fill out surveys, complain to Nokia directly, send phones back and anything that they deem necessary.

I just want to see an official answer. Until then, it's everyone's prerogative to express their opinion.

In case you missed the news.. Nokia no longer owns the division developing, manufacturing, selling and marketing mobile phones, they were bought by Microsoft a few months ago.

Also if you want to see an official answer here, be my guest but it may take a while as this is user to user discussion board. You may want to check the guidelines on that issue. If you want to talk to Nokia, see you options HERE or try Twitter @NokiaHelps ..

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Advisor
slysy

As someone who doesn't own a 1520, I was hoping the issue would be fixed in Cyan (although thought it was a longshot). This issue was really the only thing putting me off buying a 1520. Not sure what I will do now. There is a rumoured lumia 1525 - will be interesting to see if this materialises and whether it has the same issue with screen sensitivity.

Thanks to everyone who has been posting information, it is appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AustinTechie

psychomania wrote:
Don't know why I ever bothered trying to help clowns like this. Be happy living in hope that your 1520's will be magically fixed by software.

Says the man with the Android "robot" for his Avatar.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
new_1520_user

93tid wrote:

new_1520_user wrote:

He was saying that he "confirmed it with Nokia".

Meaning what exactly ? That someone in a repair centre fobbed him off with the usual "it will be fixed with the next update" fairy tale ? If Nokia confirmed it to him why not to everyone here ? It's your choice to keep on dreaming for a software fix, I hope you don't miss your warranty window to get it done properly.

psychomania also says he has insider information. " If Nokia confirmed it to him why not to everyone here ?"

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
new_1520_user

[ Edited ]

There are reports of the brand new 930 having the same problem.

for example (scroll down to the last post):

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-1520/273272-3.htm

Are they using the same screen or what?

GSM arena says 

AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, for 930

IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, for 1520

Aren't these different technologies?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Emperor
psychomania

[ Edited ]

new_1520_user wrote:

psychomania also says he has insider information. " If Nokia confirmed it to him why not to everyone here ?"

Because it's exactly what you said, insider information. This is from a person that I cannot name (I also consider them to be a friend because we have met) and the information I got should not be shared. If Nokia was to officially publish the information that would be them admitting the fault and they'd be forced to recall the 1520's which is exactly what they don't want to do.

As for the clown above pointing out that I have an android avatar that's because after three faulty 1520's I was driven away to another brand. The avatar is also a form of protest at Microsofts clueless handling of Nokia's android based X range.

I do find it funny that people are still arguing about this whilst living with faulty devices. Inaction isn't going to fix your devices.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
DExtremadura

Hi, after upgrading to the Nokia 1520 phone windows phone 8.1 cyan, the problem continues to scroll. The only solution to the terminal, is to make an application setback from the front desk, is wait 1.5 seconds to 2 seconds, and so the problem disappears. With nothing else. A greeting.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
kazepreaux

Hi all. I have been following the thread since the beginning and tried free of the tips people offered. Now is time for the questions (I will reply to them as well):
- Are you aware of a similar issue with the 1320? No.
- How many devices are 1080p and share similar symptoms? 2 in Europe and both has the issue.
- Can you feel some freeze (unresponsive time) on the start screen after leaving an app? Yes.
- Do you have the same lag with any other Nokia device? No, tested 920, 925, 720.
This is just few questions that you could also reply if you want.
It brings me to the conclusion that the issue is software but I might be wrong. I do not hope for any fix from Nokia as I think its an issue with the OS. If Microsoft wants to continue selling phones, they will fix the issue.
Will I swap my 1520 for any other phone? No, the issue is not big enough for me to stop using the best phone I ever used.
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
new_1520_user

kazepreaux wrote:
Hi all. I have been following the thread since the beginning and tried free of the tips people offered. Now is time for the questions (I will reply to them as well):
- Are you aware of a similar issue with the 1320? No.
- How many devices are 1080p and share similar symptoms? 2 in Europe and both has the issue.
- Can you feel some freeze (unresponsive time) on the start screen after leaving an app? Yes.
- Do you have the same lag with any other Nokia device? No, tested 920, 925, 720.
This is just few questions that you could also reply if you want.
It brings me to the conclusion that the issue is software but I might be wrong. I do not hope for any fix from Nokia as I think its an issue with the OS. If Microsoft wants to continue selling phones, they will fix the issue.
Will I swap my 1520 for any other phone? No, the issue is not big enough for me to stop using the best phone I ever used.

Good point about it happening on 1080p screens (even with apparently different technologies, e.g. IPS LCD for 1520 vs AMOLED on 930).

People complain now about 930, here's another link:

http://forums.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/295366-swipes-registered-taps-widespread-issue.html

Please use plain text.