Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 520 - apps

Counsellor
sufarmult
Accepted Solution

Lumia 520 - apps

Hello, i just bought a lumia 520 and i cant find out how can i download and install apps trough pc.

I had a N8 and i did that using Nokia Suite. Witch program do i need to download apps and from where do i download them?

Mobile Overlord
farby

Re: Lumia 520 - apps

Have a look at THIS

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

[ Edited ]

Actually just go to the store and make sure yo are logged in (top right). You'll be able to either install straight to the phone (over WiFi or cellular data) by clicking install or you'll find a link bottom left to download the app after which you can copy it to a SD card and install from there following the link farby provided.

Login;

Save app to disk;

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Counsellor
sufarmult

Ok i created an account but the problem is i dont have a sd card yet. As i read from the link farby provided i can only install apps from a sd card.. is that right? cause i saved an app on computer but there is no program to open it

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

[ Edited ]

Yes, you need an SD card for sideloading. If you have access to wifi, you should just download and install directly to your phone. 

Counsellor
sufarmult

Ok, i will buy a SD card asap. thanks for the answers. i will come back if i encounter further problems
Counsellor
sufarmult

I just bought a SD card, downloaded a app, put it in SD card but when i enter Store as it is well written there is NO option like SD card, only nokia collection, apps, games, music. The sd card is working cause when i go in phone storage it shows me the card.
What should i do?
Mobile Overlord
farby

Hope you read the Note in the link provided earlier ..

Counsellor
sufarmult

Yes i read all information that u provided but its like 20 mins since i put the apps on card...
Mobile Overlord
farby

Try after rebooting the device ...

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The app you downloaded should be a .xap file and did you store it in the root directory? Did you restart the phone after reinserting the sdcard?

Counsellor
sufarmult

It appeard after a reboot. i downloaded 2 apps, one is working i installed it but the other is listed incompatible items, and i read this "You'll need to have the latest version of the .XAP file from the Store on your SD card before you can install it. If you don't have the latest version, it'll be listed under Incompatible apps."
How do i get the latest version of .xap. what is it called?
Mobile Overlord
farby

Normally whats available in the Store is the latest version. What is mentioned is applicable when you have download an .xap some time ago but haven't installed it in the phone and a newer version is then made available in the store ..You may contact the developer with the details, why it should give you such an error if you are downloading it and immediately trying to install it ..

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

The error message seems to suggest that the file you downloaded is not the same version as the one that is currently in the Store. It is possible that the developer may have updated the app since you downloaded it. It may be worth downloading that app again just to rule this out. 

Counsellor
sufarmult

ok ill figure it out.thank you
Community Manager
poochini21

Registered Member
shinglemingle

For me it wont work
Registered Member