Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 520 touch screen problem

Registered Member
mel2013
Accepted Solution

Lumia 520 touch screen problem

Bought 520 two and half weeks ago. When I swtiched it on this morning, the touch screen didn't work at all (I need put in PIN). Tried to switch it off (reboot), couldn't do it either -- need touch screen to turn it off -- great design? Windows 8 or Nokia's fault?

Then I opened the back cover, took battery out, waited, put battery in, switched on again. This time the touch screen worked.

Is this a hardware issue or software issue?

Mobile Guru
ugura

Re: Lumia 520 touch screen problem

that's probably a software issue, just keep an eye on it to see if this happens frequently.

you can reset your phone without using the touch screen, keep the volume down and power/lock key together pressed until your phone vibrates, about 10 seconds, and your phone will restart. this procedure has same effect  as removing the battery  

The silence will fall
Registered Member
mel2013

Thank you ugura.

Registered Member
Grafix

Hi,

I just bought lumia 1020 and to my suprise am having the same problem, i don't seem to be able to do anything ! no mater how much i touch the screen !!

any solution!

Contributor
subhashbabu

Hi,

I brought nokia 520 dev ice 3 months back, I am facing same problem with my device. I face this problem whenever i keep my mobile idle foe 3 to 4 hours. Daily morning I face this problem which i feel very irritating. After 3 or 4 hours if suddenly i want to save contact noting is working, The solution provide by you didn't help me from this issue. For every 3 hours i cant remove the battery or reset my phone.

I am attaching a file displaying a rectangular box, which indicates which part is not working.

This part of screen will not work for me in every app.

Could u please provide me solution for this issue.

Regards,

Subhash.

Registered Member
abbeyxox

Ive had the same problem with my 520 nokia ive had mine since october 2013 and it had done it allot now ive actually broke the screen one and had to replace it coz it broke the digitiser! But i havent broke the screen or anything!!! What is wrong with this! Please answer x

Registered Member
pkdcias

I am also facing the same problem,kindly suggest a way.
Registered Member
Cantilever

This worked.  Thank you very much for providing the solution.  It's a really lousy phone, but this sort of help keeps me going.

Registered Member
happy26

I've also been facing the same problem..if I don't touch my phone for even 15 min the screen goes off and certain lines start to appear on the screen.i cant do anything..i tried reset..it didn't work.when I put the battery again.then only my phone works,is reseting your phone with volume down and power key really works..and will the data get lost by doing this?
Naej27

Hi happy26,

When did you encounter this issue? Did something happen to the phone prior to this? When was the last time you updated the phone's software? Can you confirm if you have the Lumia Cyan update under Settings > extras+info? If yes, check if all of the system apps in the phone are updated.  Scan the QR code here: http://nokia.ly/1jvpb7l. BTW, how did you perform the reset? Is it by going to Settings > about > reset your phone? About your question, pressing and holding the volume down and the power keys for about 10 seconds will refresh the phone settings. No data will be deleted. Let us know the outcome. 

Final Banner