Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 610 Bluetooth problem

Registered Member
zandie1

Re: Lumia 610 Bluetooth problem

im very udisappoited. nokia has ripped off it customers no wonder they doing badly. i bought my lumia 610 two weeks ago and its turned out to be pretty USELESS. note to nokia BLUETOOTH IS A BASIC  FUNCTION!!!

Registered Member
dspblac

Terribly disappointed n finding that that the bluetooth doesnt work.pls make something to fix that sn.cant expect everyone too install zune or skydriver in their mobiles and what is the contact transfer application made for when the bluetooth is not working.its such a shame.it has caused me big embarassment after spending 13k over fone cant simply use the most commonly used tool for file transfer.

Kosh wrote:

Hi rgisme,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

Windows Phone does not support file transfer through Bluetooth, you can however use Skydrive, attach images and Office documents to a mail or transfer media files using Zune.

Custom ringtones can be used as general or contact specific tones, more information can be found here.

Windows Phone synchronizes contacts and calendars live and in real time with Outlook without the need to actually have the phone connected to your PC running Outlook by using a Wi-Fi or Mobile data connection. You can find more information on this here.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi dspblac,

Thanks for your feedback and welcome to the forum.

While the Bluetooth implementation in Windows Phone does not include the File Transfer Profile (something Windows Phone is not unique in ) this profile is not needed to transfer contacts. That is done using the Phone Book Access Profile which is included.

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

dragonprincess

I have this phone and have found it very frustrating to use at times. To call someone not in contacts I have had to go to the phone app just to use dialer. I wanted to create my own themes etc but have been unable to unlock the firmware to do it and am disgusted that I have to pay a fee to assist me. I can't even play or download certain games due to their size limits, I can't connect to other devices via Bluetooth.
Registered Member
rsaha

hey i cant open www.bolrace.com in enternet explorer
but i open this same page in uc browser in same phone
am using lumia 710....
Registered Member
rsaha

i cant save contacts in same name but different mobile category...
Just asure me in lumia series its have only one mobile category in one contact
Registered Member
rsaha

because of lumia(windows) have some restrictions
if you want to share a music then do it for whats app
if you want to send a pic then download square app
after that you share your images those who have qr code scanner in her/him mobile
dandyl

I feel bad to hear that phone like lumia 610 doesn't support file transfer from other device (Blue tooth).That's really bad...i bought the phone a week ago,, have i heard the problem with the phone before, i would have never go for product of nokia.

Sage

I have to agree with most of the others, it was a big mistake for me to buy this Nokia Lumia 610.  I really hope that Nokia can fix it so the Bluetooth connection works.

I like to connect my phone to my PC either by Bluetooth or data connection cable to type my texts and then send from the computer.    I cannot do this with the Lumia 610 as Zune does not have the feature to display texts.

If I had realised beforehand that it would not connect to Nokia Suite I wouldn't have bought it.

Another dissatisfied Nokia customer.

Sage

I must have the magic touch as no sooner had I written my post, I notice some of my problems have been addressed.
Registered Member
deepu_babu

Nokia pls help us...  Pls give any solution for this problem.... Or give my money back.....

Registered Member
deepu_babu

Frnds is there any possibility to transfer files through wifi....?

Registered Member
sabahanboy

Is there anyway we can directly e-mail Nokia about this matter? It is frustrating to see such a good (let alone expensive) phone being useless in a simple function.
experttalk

why Nokia few phone's not supporting Wifi same with me 

OSSCube Mobile Application Development Company
Counsellor
Sachi2112

Wait for 7.8 update you will get Bluetooth file transfer.
aniprasanth

i bought a lumia last week, really sad of missing bluetooth FT and USB Mode. Even cant able to download stuffs using PC Internet through USB connectivity.

Sage

So when are we likely to see the promised update?
Registered Member
Scubi

You may try this at your own risk :smileyhappy:

CLICK

Registered Member
nitinkln

yes scoolkarni...i hope ur right..
I thought nokia lumia 610 is better phone but now i am scaring to buy this...
Now i am just embarresed which mob. Is better at price below 12 thsnd.
Registered Member
pagalboy

Nokia lumia Bluetooth only connect windowsphone. Lumia to Lumia. Bcz the Bluetooth version 2.1 other phone is 2.0
That's why bluetooth is not working on other phone!!!