Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 610 bluetooth transfer?

Counsellor
Immortal25
Accepted Solution

Lumia 610 bluetooth transfer?

Hi I'm unable to connect with the N9 and transfer pictures and stuff. The N9 is able to authenticate the lumia but not the lumia on N9. Why so? What's the solution? I sort of remember reading that lumia phones can't just transfer via bluetooth and needs to go through zune? Is that true? 

Mobile Overlord
aspergerguy

Re: Lumia 610 bluetooth transfer?

@Immortal25

Zune or get SkyFiles SkyDrive client upon your N9:http://store.ovi.com/content/280703 and SkyDrive upon your 610:http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/apps/ad543082-80ec-45bb-aa02-ffe7f4182ba8

Happy to have helped forum with a Support Ratio = 42.5

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Sheldrick

[ Edited ]

Hey Immortal25, Welcome to the Nokia Forums!

Im afraid you are not able to send files between two phone devices when using bluetooth in a lumia.

However there are various other ways to transfer files such as Skydrive, E-mail, Zune and connecting devices via USB and transferring the files accross.

I hope this has helped!

Sheldrick

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, Kudos my post if my advice has helped you!
Counsellor
Immortal25

Asper: thanks will give skydrive a try.

Sheldrick: you mean the bluetooth function on lumia doesn't work for file transfers? Even for lumia to lumia? Hmm...that's a shame, bluetooth transfers are so convenient. I'm pretty sure most people are used to snapping pics on their handphones and then sharing them with friends on the spot via bluetooth. Why did they do it that way?

Anyway thanks you two for the feedback.

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Registered Member
Beema525

Transfer from 6300 via USB failed.  No way of transferring contacts.  Very annoying

Registered Member
NoKRek

Really I m a fool by purchasing lumia610
jflo

me too! 610 is useless as a work phone, not allowed to install zune on a work windows PC which means the photo's of parts that i need have to be emailed to myself at my cost! cant bleutooth to another device, and windows phone doesn't talk to windows PC without zune, last nokia ever!
Which my old nokia still worked too easy to drag and drop and bluetooth to another device!
Registered Member
lolla

useless. I think they should refund each and everyone who bought the pathetic excuse of a phone and im posting the same coment on fb and skype. Useless. Im furious.