Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 625 - Unknown Number - While Call Waiting

Contributor
Shafi625lumia

Lumia 625 - Unknown Number - While Call Waiting

[ Edited ]

Hi Team,

I have bought a Lumia 625 a week ago and have transferred all my contacts using the transfer my data app in the phone. Everything went fine. All the contacts are correctly transferred.

Issue:

Scenario 1: When I make a Call - During an Outgoing Call from my phone

During the call if I get an incoming call uisng the call waiting option , at that time the incoming call works fine but number is shown as "UNKNOWN" number. I tried this with a contact stored in my number still it is showing as " UNKNOWN"

Scenario 2: When I receive a call: - During an Incoming Call to my phone:

During an incoming call the call waiting works fine and the number or the name  is displayed correctly.

I am not able to figure this issue. I tried factory reset and transferred my contacts again. Contacts transferring without any issues. Syncing well. 

Called my operator and they said all network settings are fine

Tried putting the sim in another phone (Samsung s4) it works perfect both scenarios(outgoing / incoming) 

The UNKNOWN number is a big issue for me as I dont know who called me, I missed an emergency call and worst thing is we cant call back too.

Does anyone face the same issue like me. 

Could anyone suggest a solution. 

I moved from Blackberry to nokia and its not a good feel to face problems like this.

Regretting the move to NOKIA :smileysad:

Regards

Shafi Mohamed

(Attached the phone details)

Shafi Mohamed
Contributor
Shafi625lumia

Re: Lumia 625 - Unknown Number - While Call Waiting

Hey Team,

Any luck.. awaiting some replies. 

Shafi

Shafi Mohamed
Contributor
Shafi625lumia

More than 100 views to this post. Is it only me having this issue ???

Can anyone reply to me. Did any one of you face a similar issue like this.

Shafi Mohamed
Contributor
Rks214

Even I also faced similar issue. Not only in Missed call & Call waiting but I am not getting callers name in any incoming call even if the name and number is already saved in People Hub/Hotmail account.

It seems if number of entries are available for same name or number then nokia phones don't display the name of the caller. I have never faced similar issue in Android phones.

Can anyone please help us in resolving this issue. Its really very annoying.

Thanks in advance.

Rgds, Rajesh

Neilroy

Hi,

Iam also facing the same situation since yesterday and plucking my hair out, one at a time. Only when I make outgoing calls, the missed call is listed as unkown. Waiting for a solution. 

A brief background. I got my Lumia 520 in June and all was fine till yesterday when Windows updates were installed.If you have any developments/progress do keep this thread posted.

Contributor
Shafi625lumia

I had gone to Nokia Care - Chennai Gopalapuram, the Person on the counter says that this problem is for Post Paid Connection. Contact your operator.

But my Operator Aircel says there is no specific settings like that from their side.

This is pathetic reply from NOKIA, I have been using the postpaid connection for about 10 years till now. Never faced this issue.

This is 100% issue with NOKIA lumia phone.

Can anyone suggest me how to bring this problem out to the notice of Nokia.

I have paid 19,000 for a faulty phone.

Shafi Mohamed
Neilroy

So you too are from chennai and using aircel? Iam also from chennai and using postpaid aircel. I am inclined to accept Nokia's explanation for the following reasons.

1) All other operator sims work with caller ID. Even aircel prepaid sim works with caller ID. So, I am guessing there is some kind of flag setting which is enabled/disabled by Aircel for which Noia has no control.

2) Changing a sim is cheaper and quicker than changing your Lumia.

I have already applied for port out from Aircel for this specific reason.

Cheers

Contributor
Aasim007

Hi,

I was also facing same problem. In your contact (people) setting  go to ‘filter my contact list’ option and select only "Hotmail" and unclick other options like Nokia account, SIM etc.. My problem is resolved after doing this and now I can see who is calling me if my phone is engaged. I have re-activated call waiting facility.

Please do let me know your experience.

Regards,

Aasim

Neilroy

I have ported out to tata docomo for my same number and now my call waiting works like a charm. Granted the signal stregth of docomo is not as good as aircel and my net speed in docom is really slow, but hey, at least i get to knwo who is calling me on the otehr line. After all, that is the essential purpose of getting a cell phone. Aircel should have been pro active in trying to solve the issue instead of blaming NOKIA. Iam relieved now.

Registered Member
akmhando

I am in Tanzania, I've had my lumia 625 for a week or so having. I have the exact same problem as described by other users so this is some sort of glitch with lumia handsets or windows phone 8 OS.
Registered Member
lumia520ss

Re: Nokia Lumia 520 - Unknown Number - error resolved

[ Edited ]

Thank you Aasim007 now its working great . Getting all calls with name .....

Lumia 520 - Unknown Number error resolved .

xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com 

Moderator's Note: The email address was edited out. Please do not publish personal information in a public forum.

Registered Member
jmonarca

On definitions the filter setting with nokia account worked for me on a Lumia 920.

Thks

Registered Member
Shanty23

It is not a handset issue. Its a postpaid issue.

Registered Member
davidzr

After I purchase the phone I didn't face the "Unknown number"  problem until I signed up for a Live.com account. After reading posts at this thread I went to Setteings>People>filter my contact list and unchecked Hotmail option that solved the problem. But got a side-effect of it which is my contacts became 'invisible' although I can find them by hitting the Search button. There are bugs with the OS. :thumbdown: