Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 710 - Data Connection Problem - 3G or E ...

Registered Member
narenram

Re: Lumia 710 - Data Connection Problem - 3G or E not working - Very Slow!

I am also having the same problem on Lumia 710 posted here. 3g does not transfer data on the phone but when I tether it , I am able to browse the internet on my laptop. Using some tools I am able to see that the device does not get a external IP address. The operator is airtel India.  Tried all  things like rebooting the phone, reentering the APN details, adding airtelfun.com as APN setting but none helped. 

Has any one got this problem resolved. If any one at Nokia is listening, please help. 

Registered Member
winpho

Hi,

I used to face the same issue with My Nokia 710. After searching on Google I found out that this issue is common across almost all windows phones (Samsung, HTC, etc.). The solution to this is bit painful but it works smoothly.

The guideline is always disable the connection that you'll not be using.

1. Before connecting to Wifi, go to mobile option in settings and disconnect data connection.

2. Connect to Wifi

3. When you're moving out of Wifi Zone disable Wifi

4. Goto Mobile option and again enable Data services.

This works I've tried it for last 4-5 days and there is absolutely no problem. It looks like this problem occurs whenever a Wifi-3G-Wifi handover is involved. I hope Microsoft guys will fix it soon.

Cheers ~

Registered Member
androiduser

Hi,

One of my friends was facing the same problem and I was able to solve it. You can try the "Network Setup" app that comes with Nokia Lumia 710. When you face the problem, if you open this app, you can see that either there are no APNs defineds or that the APN defined is wrong. 

If there are no APNs defined, then click on the "+" sign for "Add APN" at the bottom of the screen and enter the APN details. (You should have got these details from your network provider. For e.g., for Airtel India, just set the access point to airtelgprs.com. You can leave all the other fields like username, password port etc. blank.) Click on "Set this as my current APN" checkbox. Click Save.

This should solve the problem.

Cheers!
Sarin

Aritz

This is not an option, since wifi connection is always disabled when the phone is blocked.
Contributor
chanakyakv

Thank you, but This did NOT work for me :smileysad:
Nokia Lumia 610
Tango.
Bought on 13th October 2012.
Contributor
chanakyakv

Same problem here with brand new Nokia Lumia 610.

3G doesn't work well for the apps inside the phone (like internet explorer, bing search, Marketplace, gmail, facebook etc..) do not sync/work! I get connection error most of the times and very few times I get very slow 2G speed. The phone says it is working on HSPDA (i.e. 3G. "H" symbol besides the network symbol on top left).
But ONLY Internet Sharing works like charm (I get 2Mbps speed atleast) when Internet sharing is enabled and a laptop is connected to the phone through the Wi-Fi hotspot.
This clearly indicates that there is NO issue with mobile operator (Airtel India 3G in my case) or Phone's APN (airtelgprs.com) setting.
(And just to double check, if I put my same SIM card into my old Galaxy phone, I'm getting 3Mbps speed)

For now I have to connect to Wi-Fi only to browse or sync mail inside my phone or to install new apps.
And, Thank god Internet Sharing is working (god knows how)!

This is crazy. I wouldn't have bought this phone if I knew that this phone had this issue.

If Nokia doesn't do something about it quickly, then I will surely give up Nokia forever and recommend the same for others.

Thanks
CHANAKYA K. V.

Nokia Lumia 610
Tango.
Bought on 13th October 2012.
diablo_17_bj

[ Edited ]

I was having same problem on my Lumia 710: 3G was very slow, as on cellphone, on pc as well.

For me, the solution was to enter new APN settings in Network Setup aplication (available on Market). I have T-mobile Croatia network, and i entered web.htgprs as access point name for MY network, and mms.htgprs fo MMS name. So, you should find GPRS and MMS settings for your own network and enter them in the application. Also check the box  which makes this APN active.

After that, restart you phone and problem should be solved.

Registered Member
androiduser

Hi Chanakya..

Are you sure you've made the change in settings in the "Network Setup" app and NOT under the usual Settings in the phone? Please refer to my post above. I think you might be facing the same problem.

Cheers!

Sarin

Registered Member
devashishjain1

Hi ,
I'm also facing the same problem in my lumia 710 from the last 2 weeks. My settings are correct and also I'm getting the full network. I have called up Nokia and Airtel several times and did what and all they said. But my issue is not been solved. I got to know that lot of people are facing this problem with lumia and airtel.
chadhas

I am using 710 since 5 months & every month i am facing this problem, every time i need to reset my fone 

but it will work for only 20-22 days,

this time nokia really sucks us with this lumia & microsoft collabration, even their calling executives hav'nt any solution, 

I request ms & nokia to dig out some permanent solution, i had also check with my friends overseas they are also having same problem..... plz help us we are having strong belive in nokia & its technical renovations but this time it really hurts us & our pockets too.

Advisor
benselvan

Reset ur phone, now don't open network app, just uninstall it, finally you can browse using 3g or wifi without any problem, it worked for me.
Registered Member
sudharshanke

I faced a similar problem. When i enabled internet sharing the browsing through phone was not working. Even the my laptop recognised the lumia as wifi hotspot but connection to internet was intermittent. But remember  the connection was only on 2g as 3g service was not available.

All these problems solved, when I uninstalled netwrok setup application from lumia. You can also try doing this, no need to use orginal micro sim and no need to reset phone.

Also, note that mine was cut micro sim.

Registered Member
JamesABC

I have same problem with Lumia 710
pankaj789

The problem is not with Nokia or windows OS. I faced the same issue and tried all solutions ranging from apns to reset, everything. Sometimes internet worked and sometimes didn't. The network is of no use so you can uninstall it. The solution to airtel subscribers is to call customer care and tell them to activate gprs on your phone. As soon as they do it, you will receive the sms. And bang ! You are done. Enjoy worry free internet.

Nokia Lumia 710 proud owner
Registered Member
linneysunny

Hw will i uninstall the network settings app..can u pls tell..

Registered Member
lonelyguy22

I read all the topics here posted, I am also facing same problem from 15 days, i took lumia 710 1year back, before I was using Idea sim with 3g connection and it was working good, 3g internet with good speed.

later i changed to airtel but it stopped working. as airtel representative told I did all the stuffs, changing settings but it din't work. If i ise idea sim internet work but wont work in airtel sim.

So now tell me it is problem of my mobile or the network ? we can/t say both exactly as in idea sim it works so mobile is not problem and network is not problem. So problem may be because of airtel network where they can't suggest properly to resolve.

h_parikh

have same problem with my data connection, I m using Vodafone in India. I did try few things and came to know that whenever I m in WI fi zone, the phone use WiFi network but when I go outside WiFi zone my data connection is not working even though it,s on and showing H icon on top. I tried to turn WiFi disabled and than started using data outside and worked fine few times. So may be the bug is, we have to disable WiFi whenever outside WiFi zone and want to use data. Try this & update here
Counsellor
RanjanDEL

Huh ...i cannot utilize idea 3g plan..only get E. network share works just like shwo..it shows my laptop connected but i will not get a bit of data on muy laptop.. This time nokia seems to have invented new technology of YOUR PIECE OF NOKIA IS UNIQUE..aka SIGNATURE HARDWARE: If i am wrong then how for one wifi hotspot works and not works for me.. Hmmm i see it can be either SIGNATURE SOFTWARE FROM MICROSOFT BABY..MS IS GETTING OLD AND YOU KNOW OLD PEOPLE BEHAVE MORE LIKE CHILD.. let me get old to match ms..
Registered Member
RudyKurniawan

i had same problem, i couldnot use my cellular data connection for everything(browsing,update email) even if H symbol is shown..first i tried to activate internet sharing but failed and said that cellular data connection is not active..so i tried to activate airplane mode and then deactivate it again..then activated cellular data connection and IT WORKED normally :smileyvery-happy:
Registered Member
MONSTERCLAW666

THANK U VERY MUCH.WORKED FOR MY LUMIA 710. :smileyhappy: