Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 710 - Does it use Nokia pc suite?

Registered Member
RECOPECO
Accepted Solution

Lumia 710 - Does it use Nokia pc suite?

Does the Nokia Lumia use the Nokia PC Suite?

And why doesn't the phone show up in my computer? when it is connected by the USB, Zune shows and I can do things by that but doesn't show in my computer.

Thanks in advance for any help

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Re: Lumia 710 - Does it use Nokia pc suite?

[ Edited ]

Hey RECOPECO,

Welcome to the forum! Lumia 710 does not support Nokia PC Suite. PC Suite is a software for older Nokia models with Symbian or Nokia OS operating system. Lumia 710 supports only Zune.

Lumia 710 is intended to be used only with the Zune software. That is why it doesn't show up in My Computer. It does not have the mass memory mode when you connect the USB cable like the Symbian phones have.

I hope this answered your question.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
RECOPECO

Thank you
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LauraLSM

[ Edited ]

Jampe

Nokia has not considered the customer - I backed up my Nokia 6300 using PC Suite and upgraded to a Lumia 710 thinking that this would be less hassle than changing to a different vendor.

Well it wasn't, Transfer contacts didn't work and the contacts copied from my SIM which I then cut to fit my Lumia and copy across are incomplete.

1. I can no longer edit contacts or type messages on the PC with the phone connected
  2. I am stuck with an incomplete, fiddly to edit using the sodding touch screen, set of contacts
  3. There seems ot be NO WAY to export as CSV from Nokia PC Suite, so I could at least shove everything in Outlook to tidy up.
  4. The ZUNE software seems only to be concerned with music, pictures and videos - none of which interest me as a business user

I foolishly hoped a Windows Phone would utilise Windows Explorer

Have you anything HELPFUL to say other than what the phone doesn;t do

I am on the verge of cancelling my contract.

Please use plain text.
garytgray

• I can no longer edit contacts or type messages on the PC with the phone connected
  • I am stuck with an incomplete, fiddly to edit using the sodding touch screen, set of contacts
  • There seems ot be NO WAY to export as CSV from Nokia PC Suite, so I could at least shove everything in Outlook to tidy up.
  • The ZUNE software seems only to be concerned with music, pictures and videos - none of which interest me

THIS IS THE EXACT PROBLEM I HAVE !!!

i want to typle text  from my PC as I did with my previous Nokia's and Edit contacts

How is this to be done with Zune?????

Am finding it hard to even upload to Zune

HELP HELP!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
LauraLSM

[ Edited ]

Garytgrey

You are **bleep**

This "Windows Phone" cannot

be plug it into the PC to edit contacts or type texts

show up in windows explorer

You have to use

ZUNE to back up media

Windows Live to edit contacts on a PC (not Outlook)

You CANNOT back up text messages

It's **bleep**

Moderator's note: Profanities edited. Please do not try to bypass the smut filter.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Jampe

Hi all,

The backup process for Lumia is this:

Synchronise your media files to Zune, other data to SkyDrive and contacts and calendar to the Windows Live account in your phone. Please be aware that you cannot synchronise text messages at the moment.

Jampe

If the answer solves your issue, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION button so other users can benefit from it as well. Giving a kudos (the white star) if my answer has helped will be appreciated.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
LauraLSM

Jampe

So I now have to do THREE bits of software  whereas before I could use one

That's HARDLY PROGRESS

Do you actually HAVE usability testers or focus groups - I can't believe you have brought such a pathetic solution to the market. Your product development team should be sacked.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
holy1969

same problem i have. when i go to collection -video it says you have no video in your collection

i copy picture from my pc to zune it say the same you dont have picture any one can help 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

Hi Guys,

If you having trouble using the Zune system you can find a how to and guide on the below link:

http://www.zune.net/en-GB/support/windowsphone7/default.htm

Also you can find general Windows phone help and a lot how to's on the below:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-GB/howto/wp7/default.aspx

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mbury

Regrettably I have to admit, that I support that negative opinion entirely. I have bought nokia 710 lumia being sure, that nokia preserved usual options. I am more than disappointed that I am not able to:

- send sms via PC over bluetooth conntection

- conntect PC via bluetooth modem

- moniotor incomming calls on the laptop screen during meetings and conferences

- edit contact list easily using keybord not lausy touch screen

any more.

Quite disappointing is it not. Next time I am going to buy samsung. At least my initial expectation will be lower.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
simonben1982

HI, I am using nokia phone for internet connection. Recently I was filling up the internet service provider address in my nokia pc suite but it is not allowing it by saying that service provider is not valid but I am using the same service provider since 2 month.

IT support herts

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
WicklowGirl

This thread has taken my breath away.

This is Nokia's last gamble i.e. Windows software.

I am in the mobile phone business for 15+ years and this takes some beating.

I have bought a Lumia 710 and I want to transfer 350 contacts and 1300 text message from an older Nokia. I am two hours at it and was just about to give up when Google pointed me to this dicussion.

Transfering data from an old phone to a new one is a fundemental step in the mobile phone industry. How can Nokia have been reduced to allienating customer within 2 hours of buying their product.

PS: I just went to post this and the Nokia spellchecker did not even have the word Lumia in its vocabulary. Incredible.

Joking aside, can the Nokia moderator please tell me how to transfer my contacts and texts and photos off my old Nokia phone 6300 to the Lumia 710.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

[ Edited ]

Hi WicklowGirl,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

An explanation on how to transfer contacts (and/or calendar) to your Lumia is available for Windows or Mac.

The 6300 does not support the PBAP (PhoneBookAccesProfile) which is needed for the contact transfer app on the Lumia. Assuming you are using a Windows PC with Vista or Windows 7 here is how to get your contacts from the 6300 to a Lumia family phone:

• If you do not use (and sync contacts to) Microsoft Outlook setup Nokia Suite to sync with Windows contacts in the contact settings in Tools/Options.
  • Then perform a sync with the 6300 connected. This will copy all the contacts on your 6300 to C:\Users\[your name]\Contacts
  • Either setup the Outlook Hotmail Connector for Outlook( 2003, 2007 or 2010) or import the contacts into Windows Live Mail (free and available from the Windows Live Essentials) as described in this thread

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on!

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
afripp

[ Edited ]

Nokia - what are you doing?

I have been a Nokia user for many years significantly because PCSuite effortlessly and reliably synced my calendar and contacts with Outlook regardless of the Nokia device I used - very handy when one got lost/broken.

I assumed that a Nokia Windows device would keep this up and was about to commit to a Lumia phone - until I read this discussion.

Moderator's note: removed inflammatory remarks

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Hi afripp,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forum!

PC suite was designed and is used with Nokia models which use the Sx0 and Symbian OS. The Lumia family phones comes with Windows Phone and this is a very different system. Windows Phone, unlike Sx0 or Symbian, uses an online sync for contacts and calendars to a Windows Live account and this allows for your Outlook client to sync to the same account. This will allow a seamless , live and 24/7 sync where you will not loose any data if yoru phone get's stolen or lost unlike with an offline sync. Also keeping multiple phones synchronized is as simple as using the same LiveID. You could even sync your previous Nokia phone using a Mail for Exchange account to sync with the same LiveID.

Setting this up requires no more then 10 minutes after which you will not have to think about bringing your USB cable, not have to worry about if your latest changes get synced when you are not near your PC or laptop with your Outlook client. This sync does not require a constant live connection to the internet but whenever you link up a synchronization will take place keeping you up to date.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Advisor

[ Edited ]

PC suite was designed and is used with Nokia models which use the Sx0 and Symbian OS.

Some years ago, Nokia had earned its reputation for its "human" technology, which made its interface simple for customers to shift between two Nokia phones. This "human" contuinity was, in my opinion, beautifully captured in its welcome logo where two persons join hands.

This wonderful continuity welcomed me, and millions of others, to Nokia phones over the years, so much so that the name (Nokia), its signature tune (Grande Valse), its signature morse code tune for SMS and its legendary simplicity were the key ingredients that mattered to me.

In fact, other phone manufacturers could only look on with envy, as millions were drawn to Nokia phones.

Somewhere and somehow -- and tragically so -- Nokia suddenly decided that customers needed them (Nokia) more than they (Nokia) needed customers. The best way to do so was this: 1. Suddenly drop a beloved user-friendly system with another convoluted system and 2. Ensure that the two are not fully compatible with each other.

This is best summarized in the following sentence of the previous post:

The Lumia family phones comes with Windows Phone and this is a very different system.

Why on earth was a smooth transition (transfer of contacts, messages and all other data) between Symbian-based phones and Windows-based phones not anticipated and moreover, executed? Was Nokia (and Microsoft) simply arrogant (I-don't-care attitude) so as to take its customers for granted?

When Nokia decided to join hands with Microsoft, the onus, in my opinion, should have been on Nokia to have made it easy for its customers to shift data from their "old" symbian phones to the "different" Lumia phones.

From what I have read in earlier posts on this thread, it is clear that many customers have been left to fend for themselves. For those who have the time and inclination to check up the internet, they can look up this forum for a solution.

I am, therefore, not surprised in the least that many Nokia-symbian users are divorcing their love of many years (Nokia) and are now infatuated with Android-based phones, for its consistent user system.

And guess what? For a change, Nokia can now only look on with envy. And maybe, while doing so, Nokia can also consider...

A new SMS tone: the morse code for S-O-S.

A new Nokia tune: "Help, I need somebody" (Beatles)

A new Nokia logo: Two hands that dont reach out to each other.

Nokia seems to have got a lot of eggs on its face, mainly because it placed all of its eggs in one (microsoft) basket. On the other hand, Samsung has shrewdly and brilliantly placed its eggs in three (android, bada and microsoft) baskets and can easily benefit from any one or more systems. How I wish Nokia had adopted a similar strategy.

I have been a huge fan of Nokia all these years, but I do know one thing: As soon as Nokia performs the final rites of Symbian (sometime in 2016), I will permanently switch to a non-Nokia phone. A big No-No-No-kia.

PS: I'm sorry if I have offended anyone, especially those associated with Nokia, but I'm aggrieved that Nokia slipped on a golden opportunity to take its loyal customers towards a seamless transfer of data from Symbian to Microsoft. Instead, the customers have been forced towards a seemless intricate transfer of data from Symbian to Microsoft.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
thdtai

I have just bought a lumia 710 4 days ago and i have a problem with battery issue

I turned off 3g connection, data connection, wifi and all applications and i set the brightness to low, and i used standby mode

Then 3 hours my battery droped 4-6%, but i didnt use anything on my phone.

Please, tell me my case is normal or not ?

Love you, nokia 

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
princevdfn

about internet conect

i recently buy a nokia lumia 710 , but i cant connect to internet from my lumia 710 .. will u plz help me sort out this problem dat how can i connect lumia 710 internet  on my laptop .. plz help me .. thnxx nokia

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Anurag22

download nbu explorer from there you can use your all data and copy it in lumia

Please use plain text.