Search Discussions:


Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.
Reply

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8
Accepted Solution

Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

I need help on my nokia lumia 710. At least, just a solution on my problem.

Earlier today, my phone is working perfectly., not until i tried to insert another network's sim and try it on my phone. First, it asked me the PIN and i put the "1234" default but on the 10th try i failed and so on the 32nd attempt on PUK. Tho i tried to insert all my sim on my another nokia phone and it's all working. Now, any sim won't work on my lumia 710. Always invalid and error. Please help me nokia care :smileysad: This is the first time on my 8 year ive got a  problem on my nokia phones. :crying:

----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110
Mobile Overlord
cjlim
Posts: 17,015

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

Do you remember if it asked you for the sim pin or security code? The defaut security code is 12345 unless it was changed. 

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

 


cjlim wrote:

Do you remember if it asked you for the sim pin or security code? The defaut security code is 12345 unless it was changed. 


 

no  security code at all.

just PIN 10 attempts and 32 tries of PUK. and then it wont work anymore. :smileysad:

----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss
Posts: 3,955

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

If your phone is asking for a PUK code then you need to contact the network for the SIM that was the cause of the PUK lock. 

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!


rayhipkiss wrote:

If your phone is asking for a PUK code then you need to contact the network for the SIM that was the cause of the PUK lock. 


Don't think it's the SIM. Since i've tried to insert it to my other nokia phone and all the 3 of them is working there. Just on my lumia 710. After that PUK 32nd attempt.

----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110
Mobile Overlord
cjlim
Posts: 17,015

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

[ Edited ]

Don't think wrong sim and puk input is able to lock the whole phone down. A different sim should still work. If not, are you prepared to reset your phone? You will lose data and apps.  If so you can certainly try it. 

Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss
Posts: 3,955

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

  


o1contessa13 wrote:

rayhipkiss wrote:

If your phone is asking for a PUK code then you need to contact the network for the SIM that was the cause of the PUK lock. 


Don't think it's the SIM. Since i've tried to insert it to my other nokia phone and all the 3 of them is working there. Just on my lumia 710. After that PUK 32nd attempt.


Correct. The problem isn't with the SIM it's with the 710 asking for a PUK which only the network that provided the SIM can supply. Contact the network that supplied the SIM for the PUK

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!


cjlim wrote:

Don't think wrong sim and puk input is able to lock the whole phone down. A different sim should still work. If not, are you prepared to reset your phone? You will lose data and apps.  If so you can certainly try it. 


It's not asking anymore PUK after the 32nd attempt. @CJ The wors part is, it won't recognize any sims at all. i tried 3 different sim from all network including ones from the network where i bought my phone. It's all perfectly working but only the sim card makes it useless.

----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110
Mobile Overlord
cjlim
Posts: 17,015

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

Personally if it were my phone I would be thinking about resetting it at this stage. It's either that or contact your network or Nokia Care. 

 

BTW if you have not tried a reboot, you should do so. You won't lose any data rebooting. You do it by pressing and holding the power button until the phone vibrates. 

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!


cjlim wrote:

Personally if it were my phone I would be thinking about resetting it at this stage. It's either that or contact your network or Nokia Care. 

 

BTW if you have not tried a reboot, you should do so. You won't lose any data rebooting. You do it by pressing and holding the power button until the phone vibrates. 


Sadly, i already did that for the 3rd time. :smileysad:

----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110
Mobile Overlord
cjlim
Posts: 17,015

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!


o1contessa13 wrote:

Sadly, i already did that for the 3rd time. :smileysad:


 

Reboot or reset?

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!


cjlim wrote:

o1contessa13 wrote:

Sadly, i already did that for the 3rd time. :smileysad:


 

Reboot or reset?


Both. :smileysad: I even tried to jailbreak it and installed a custom rom on it but still no luck :smileysad:

----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110
Mobile Overlord
cjlim
Posts: 17,015

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

Oh Well! Sounds like a visit to the care point to me. Strange the rest didn't help. Which reset did you try? 

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!


cjlim wrote:

Oh Well! Sounds like a visit to the care point to me. Strange the rest didn't help. Which reset did you try? 



factory reset and even a hard reset. (voume+camera button+power button)
----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110
Mobile Overlord
cjlim
Posts: 17,015

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!

OK, You have tried the lot. Not a lot more I can suggest except a vist to the care point. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out for you. 

Advisor
o1contessa13
Posts: 8

Re: Lumia 710 Sim Invalid HELP!


cjlim wrote:

OK, You have tried the lot. Not a lot more I can suggest except a vist to the care point. Hopefully they will be able to sort it out for you. 


yes and thank you for assisting me. much appreciated.

----
NOKIA LOVER SINCE 14
----
First ever nokia phone : Nokia 5110