Search Discussions:
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced Search...
Welcome to Nokia Support Discussions! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Nokia users around the world in English. Many Nokia employees also follow and participate in the discussions, see our guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others, simply sign in with your Nokia account. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. And if you don't have a Nokia account yet, please register.

Lumia 710 boots sometimes while charging

Counsellor

Lumia 710 boots sometimes while charging

I usually charge my Lumia 710 while I'm sleeping. It is happened now twice that during the night Lumia vibrates and restarts itself. After that it will ask PIN code and so on. This does not happen every time and never when not being charged.

I talked today with Nokia via Chat and the person there said that this is a feature but it sounds a bit weird? It is annoying to wake up because the phone is making noise and nobody could call you because the phone is asking PIN code.

Has anybody else noticed this kind of behavior?

Please use plain text.
Sage
ArminG

Re: Lumia 710 boots sometimes while charging

[ Edited ]

Do you mean the phone restarts or starts when charging?

If you mean 'starts' it is indeed by design (or a feature if you like). Windows Phone is an always on-design, meaning it only has two modes on or off.
Charging also occurs in on-mode. There is no charge-mode (other than when the battery is very low, then it has a special animation it shows before booting into the main OS). So if you plug in a charger it will switch to on, and boot the main OS.

If you want to use overnight charging and not being disturbed, just put the phone in airplaine mode or just silence the ringer.

if you however mean that it 'restarts' in the sense that your phone is already on, and restarts during charging it is a bug and not a feature.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

As I wrote, it restarts.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
stefan88

I got the same problem. every time i try to charge my phone and like to turn it off, it restarts... no idea to turn it off and to charge it.

is charging while turned off possible?

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
93tid

stefan88 wrote:

is charging while turned off possible?

Not possible, WP7 design decision.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Puigchild

[ Edited ]

Hi guys,

Thank you for your posts!

I have experienced this issue myself as well and started getting it after I re-inserting my SIM card. As the charger port is located directly above the SIM card slot, would it be possible that your SIM card has not been inserted properly or gotten loose? This may happen easily if you have cut the SIM card yourself. 

Let us know if this helps,

Puigchild

If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
apssays

It does happen with lumia , don't know for what ?
Please use plain text.