Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 720 disadvantages

Advisor
dilsreevalsam
Accepted Solution

Lumia 720 disadvantages

[ Edited ]

1 :  There is no option to attach documents or music's while replying emails. Only pictures can be.

2: there is no option to transfer video files through Bluetooth.

3: ther is no option to use this phone as modem through data cable .

4: No file manager

5: No hard restart option if the device got hanged Let me analysis more and update you.

The main thing is theses options are there even Nokia Simbian OS. But Microsoft???????????

Dilsreevalsam
Contributor
sskulkaarni

Re: Lumia 720 disadvantages

hard reset is possible by pressing off key+down arrow,

but file manager, VPN, remote desktops & .net support's to be provided else it is useless for IT related Peoples

Contributor
amenx

"hard reset is possible by pressing off key+down arrow"

Actually thats a soft reset. It retains all your settings, apps and data.

A hard reset is thru settings > about > reset phone.

Advisor
dilsreevalsam

But will it work once the device got hanged...???? That is my question..

one day my phone got hanged.. I have been waiting for an hr to get back to this and after it got restarted automatically.

at the same time i tried to call frm my friends number.. I was able to hear the ring but , i was not able to pick the call

Dilsreevalsam
Advisor
dilsreevalsam

Will we be able to do remote desktop with this....?????
Dilsreevalsam
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

If your phone"hangs" or becomes unresponsive you can press and hold the volume down button along with the power button for approximately 12 seconds until the phone vibrates.

This will force the phone to restart and is the same as pulling the battery out. It won't delete any personal user data but the date and time will reset to factory defaults. So unless your network supports automatic time setting (and you have the option turned on in settings) you will have to adjust the date and time manually.
Professor
optiplex330

Hi. Has this Amber update solved 720's auto shut down and hanging problem?

Advisor
dilsreevalsam

Nooooooooooo.. still auto shut down automaticaly..:smileysad:

Dilsreevalsam
Advisor
dilsreevalsam

Hi,
!: i am unable to view any file which i got downloaded from IE browser, i am able to play once it downloaded, the the same is not showing in my phone memory or card, or music list. i tried connecting to system but no luck.. even zip file or PDF files are not able to trace the location its saved.

2: i am unable to attach a document file while reply to the mails, it always shows photos.

3: its prompting my email account password continuously with out any reason. its horrible to use this handset.

Even i have contacted Nokia care and they reinstalled my OS

Dilsreevalsam
Registered Member
Nnarc

Hi All,

Well Im writing this complaint to the Nokia Head and everyone who reads this , would first of all say NOKIA HAS DISSAPPOINTED ME AND ESP NOKIA LUMIA 720. 

I was gifted this phone by my family 0n 23rd  August '2013 and since then i have been going through the trouble of this phone HANGING,FREEZING,NOT WORKING,SWITCHING OFF!! and this has happenend in August, Sep, Oct and now again in Novemeber. 

The Nokia Care Centre in lajpat nagar O-9 NRI Communication - Lajpat Nagaer -2 , has a very pathetic service towards customer and they Lie directly on your face. Since i have got this phone i have registered 3 complaints with them and todays complain #116 at counter 3 was registerd. They have blankly refused to change the phone even after my two attempts when i met their Engineer Technicians they had informed me that the phone is updated with the Amber software and now since it is in warranty the phone will be replaced if it HANGS ONCE MORE. TOday spoke to the counter staff MR.CHAND , AND THE Store Owner Mr Pradeep who spoke rudely saying he will not change the Phone only will repair this handset. 

If this is the way NOKIA IS going to treat its customers then im AFRAID THAT THIS PRODUCT AND BRAND NOKIA WILL BE AT RISK OF LOOSING LOYAL CUSTOMERS. 

I am  asking for a refund or a brand new phone to be replaced to me if not i will be forced to go to LEGAL and get this sorted out . My Phone is only 3months old and hung over 5 times.. 

Request for all who read this never to BUY A NOKIA LUMIA 720 because of these problems.!!! 

Awaiting a reply on this !!!!

Advisor
dilsreevalsam

Jut updating another issue with my great Lumia 720, there was a problem i found in the back side from the begening and i ignored it. my lumia back cover was misplaced and the case placed slightly on the camera flash light. i was noticed it since dust are going inside through the tiny hole.

I am wondoring now when i found a scarch on it 3 days before. I am dam sure this problem ocured because of the miss configuration of the back panel. but who will trust me. if i go to the service center as usel they will start argue with me.

But my Lumia is just 3 month OLD ONE.. Like 1 year OLD.

I have attacehd snapshot this. simply expecting reply :smileyhappy:

Dilsreevalsam
Registered Member
sufferer123

Hi Nnarc,

I am also a sufferer like you.My phone never worked and they wont change the set. Its a pain. I know no one will reply to your post as well. let me know if you find the solution for this.

I wish I had bought micromax instead of this. 

Registered Member
jonty1234

[ Edited ]

this is probably a manufacturing defect of nokia.....u can go and ask help from nokia care...they will possibly fix it.

Nnarc wrote:

Hi All,

Well Im writing this complaint to the Nokia Head and everyone who reads this , would first of all say NOKIA HAS DISSAPPOINTED ME AND ESP NOKIA LUMIA 720. 

I was gifted this phone by my family 0n 23rd  August '2013 and since then i have been going through the trouble of this phone HANGING,FREEZING,NOT WORKING,SWITCHING OFF!! and this has happenend in August, Sep, Oct and now again in Novemeber. 

The Nokia Care Centre in lajpat nagar O-9 NRI Communication - Lajpat Nagaer -2 , has a very pathetic service towards customer and they Lie directly on your face. Since i have got this phone i have registered 3 complaints with them and todays complain #116 at counter 3 was registerd. They have blankly refused to change the phone even after my two attempts when i met their Engineer Technicians they had informed me that the phone is updated with the Amber software and now since it is in warranty the phone will be replaced if it HANGS ONCE MORE. TOday spoke to the counter staff MR.CHAND , AND THE Store Owner Mr Pradeep who spoke rudely saying he will not change the Phone only will repair this handset. 

If this is the way NOKIA IS going to treat its customers then im AFRAID THAT THIS PRODUCT AND BRAND NOKIA WILL BE AT RISK OF LOOSING LOYAL CUSTOMERS. 

I am  asking for a refund or a brand new phone to be replaced to me if not i will be forced to go to LEGAL and get this sorted out . My Phone is only 3months old and hung over 5 times.. 

Request for all who read this never to BUY A NOKIA LUMIA 720 because of these problems.!!! 

Awaiting a reply on this !!!!

Moderator's note: We have edited the post. Quoting of messages once is sufficient enough. 

Counsellor
nabik

I should've seen this complains before buying these. From nokia or windows anybody watching these complains??? And im having these same problems. In my country(bangladesh) already lots of people are trying to sell it. Made a big mistake.300$ is a lot of money by which i could buy app double configured phones.
if anybody wants to buy pls tell em no, bt if from me pls dont hasitate to call. :smileyhappy:
Katie78

Another possible disadvantage:

Does anybody know why beta pulse app is not available for my nokia lumia 720?

Does any alternative similar app exist?

Thanks!

Julie

Registered Member
sarasu

Lumia 720 touch screen problem

I bought a Lumia 720 on 10.12.2013, within a two month the display was jumping,  without touch the screen moving automatically. I feel touch screen fault, I went to give for a service in Nokia care in coimbatore , tamilnadu, India, They said The touch is gone, have to replace it, and there is no stock . Have to wait for one week time. I cant understand how this type of poor quality is comming from Nokia. In this advanced world, cant they produce good product with good future.  also cant they keep replacement item. 

can any one help me to get replacement for my mobile. I invest Rs.18000/- for this 720.

prasadh

Hi...i updated my Lumia 720 from amber to black.....now the camera isnt capturing the images well as it would do in amber...priorly...the photos captured were crisp n clear....now in lumia black all the images are getting blurred.....plz is there anyone who faced such problem??
Advisor
dilsreevalsam

ravi1980

After restarting my Nokia 720, theme settings are reverting back. Even background and accent colour are reverting back. Please help how to fix it.