Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 800 - Call / speaker volume too low, can har...

Advisor
twenty7twelve

Lumia 800 - Call / speaker volume too low, can hardly hear anything!

When I am outside and I receive a call I can barely hear the person!! I've pushed the volume button up to 10 during a call but I still can barely hear a thing! I've had to resort to selecting loudspeaker to be able to hear anything. Obviosuly this isn't ideal! :smileysad:

Does anyone else have this issue?

When I am indoors and it's silent its no problem. 

Lloyd71

Re: Lumia 800 - Call / speaker volume too low, can hardly hear anything!

Hi mate yes i have the same problem im for ever checking the volume button it makes me mad but ive heard other peaple with simler problems im not sure wots the problem but ive told nokia already. My guess is the speeker slot on the top of the phone aint big enuff produce a clear load sound or its just the speeker its self or nokia needs to update so the volume can go higher than 10
Advisor
Keeperovod

Hello, do you use headphones or not? I have problem with FM interference.
Lloys1971

Hello again i just replaced my lumia with a new one today because as i said in my other post i had the same problem and my new one is just the same so that tells me its downnto poor speeker fitted by nokia which is not good or the volume needs to be higher than 10 . Hopfully nokia will listen ans bring out a updatento sort this. Its a shame realy as its a great phone let down by this problem
Counsellor
ekw88

Is there a way where we can increase the speaker strength?

My old phone (samsung focus) had codes to adjust these values.

Contributor
Spawny_Whippet

I cannot hear the speakerphone at all when using Nokia Drive in the car, even on maximum volume. At first I thought it was set to 'Mute', but if you hold it right against your ear, you can just detect the spoken directions.

Whenever I try to increase the volume in the Nokia Drive app, it launches the TuneIn Radio app unless I reboot the phone first. I have tried closing the Radio app manually (long press of back button, then select radio app then keep pressing Back until the app closes) but no improvement.

When using speakerphone on maximum volume, it is about the same as using my iPhone on about 30% volume.

Registered Member
PKCAPT

I am having the same problem.I do hope Nokia will come up with an update to fix this as I spend a lot of time on trains and stations and can hear nothing.Nokia told me to reset the phone but this has done nothing to improve the speaker volume.They also said the phone would need to be returned for repair if the reset didn't work,but from other comments on this forum it would seem pointless as it is obviously a common problem.

Contributor
gagarin1

the same for me :smileysad: any chances for update?
musica

Registered Member
bobbygonzaga

I saw the last conversation was way back 2012. I have no problem before with the speaker volume but when I upgraded to windows 7.8 software this problem comes. Using a headset the volume is ok but with out it, I can hardly hear anything. 

Contributor
Spawny_Whippet

Wow, this is still going on? I threw my Lumia away when it was 6 weeks old, it was junk
Blu2t

Registered Member
tongo

I have problems with my Lumia. I can hardly hear the other person when I'm receiving calls .