My lumia 800 just received the 8779 update on yesterday.
THen i tried to update it via Zune.
But in Step 6, after the lumia reboot, the update failed with error 801812C1.
I have searched through internet and tried possbile solution.
I tried to get into the "download mode / connect to PC "mode by turn off the phone, press power+camera.
Unfortunately, it didn't enter to the mode. but only a black screen.
I have reset to factory setting once. But it is stil the same
I have already updated my windows phone driver to 4.8.2345 but still the same error 801812C1.
Can anyone please advise?
Thank you so much.
have the same problem doing update from windows 8 pc
have also tried from laptop with windows 7 and at moment error code came up got a driver install error on laptop
Nokia DLOAD no driver found
I have the exact same problem. I have, so far:
* tried plugging phone into different PC
* uninstalled/reinstalled Zune software
* hard reset phone
* tried to update driver but PC says there's no problem with it.
It's a Lumia 800, carrier CV UK SW variant ID 222 v.02
PC is running Windows 7 x64 with all available updates etc.
I'm losing patience now - any assistance gratefully received!
If it is to 7,8, I did it this way.
1) Turn off data on your phone ( 3G and WIFI) - turn on flight mode
2) Connect the Phone to the PC via USB cable (it doesn't matter if the phone is with or without SIM Card)
3) Zune loads up automaticaly or if not just open it
4) Open also the Network Connections icon and look for your active internet connection on the PC - LAN connection or WIFI connection.
5) In Zune, select Update. It will begin searching the server for an update
6) On the third second, hit "Disable" for the LAN or WIFI connection of your PC.
7) You will see the message “An update is available” on both the Zune and phone.
If you get the message "Your phone is up to date" you weren't quick enough. If you get an error message with a code that "Zune can't connect right now try later" it's because you were to quick ....
I usually got the desired update message on the 2nd-3rd try ...
Enable your network and Click Ok to update the phone.
Be aware You might need to do the trick three times to get the WP 7.8 on your phone -
I had to pull for my phone 3 updates and only the third one did the change to 7.8,
previous 2 being some fixes with no other visual change:
First Update 7.10.8779.8 -> Second Update : 7.10.8783.12 -> Third Update 7.10.8858.136
Thanks for your response, but I don't think that will work here. I have notification both on the phone and on Zune that an update is available, but when I try to update it gets to step 6/10 and then returns an error code. Looking on the web it seems that it's a problem with the driver on my PC. I have tried to update the driver but it's apparently the right one and indeed my PC tells me that the driver/device has installed correctly.
I've followed the steps on Microsoft's support page for the error code but to no avail. I've tried resetting the phone to factory settings but no luck either. The only thing I can think is to 'flash' the phone but I would be very reluctant to do that in case of warranty issues.
I also have a Nokia Lumia 900 that I updated a while ago with no issues at all. In case this caused a problem, I have removed the relationship with this phone and cleaned the registry/cache to ensure no 'left over' information. I've run out of ideas!
A driver on your computer must be updated to resolve the issue.
A Windows Phone driver needed by the update was not installed on your computer in time. Try the update again. If you continue to receive this error, ensure that the Windows Phone driver is properly installed:
1.Unplug the USB cable from the phone.
2. Press and hold the Power button until you see Slide down to power off, then flick down. After it’s off, press to turn on your phone again.
3. As soon as the phone turns on and vibrates, press and hold the Camera button until the following "Connect to PC" screen appears. It may take a few moments for this to appear. Once the screen appears, you may release the Camera button.
4. Reconnect your phone using the USB cable.
5. Validate that the Windows Phone driver is installed via Device Manager:
6. If the entry under Portable Devices indicates an issue, run the Microsoft Fix It solution below. This solution will ensure your computer is correctly configured to receive driver updates.
Fix this problem
Microsoft Fix It 20024
Note: If there is no entry in the Device Manager for your phone, your computer is not recognizing that the phone is connected to it. Make sure that you're using the USB data sync cable which was included with your phone. You may also try another port on the computer, but don't use a USB hub or the ports located on the front of your computer. If available, use a compressed air duster to remove any dirt or debris from the USB port on the phone.
7. If there are no issues, restart the phone: Press and hold the Power button until the phone restarts.
8. Try the update again.
If the driver update does not solve the problem, allow "Connect to PC" mode to timeout and automatically restart the phone.
Let us know if there's any changes.
Thanks for your response, Periwinkle but like the others above I have tried this and had no success. The phone does not go into 'Connect to PC' mode when you press the Camera button - just the black screen. Also the driver says it is installed successfully and the Microsoft FixIt finds no problems on my laptop.
I too have tried restoring factory settings with no luck. I really am out of ideas!
I have the same problem,
I have followed all the official steps and procedures to no avail, really frustrating !!!