Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 800: No Data Connection

Registered Member
brazune

Lumia 800: No Data Connection

I had an issue for the last few days with Data Connection that it is now solved.

For no apparent reason, data connection was lost. I could use wifi and make phone calls, in the settings Data was On and 3G selected.

After browsing this forum, there were some similar issues, with different approaches to fix it.

In my case, I simply had to run the Network Setup tool and click on the operator to update the settings. Data connection was immediately restored.

Hope it helps someone with the same issue.

Best phone ever!

B

SandyKods

Re: Lumia 800: No Data Connection

Hi,

The same problem here. I am getting an Error Code: 80072EFD. I cant even browse moreover my windows live ID is not upto date in my mobile.

Can anyone of you suggest me how easily to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,

SK.

Registered Member
Netro

Thanks for the solution... it happened to me as well. Suddenly, for no reason I had no cellular data connection (I mean 3G) despite in settings it was On. I restarted the phone, turn Off and On cellular data settings, but nothing helped. As suggested here, I went to Network Settings where I couldn't click anything but somehow it restored my settings and started working.

Really really strange, but I'm glad it works :smileyhappy:

Contributor
IgorPureta

I have Lumia 800, I am in Croatia, T-mobile network. For one month everything worked smoothly but since yesterday I do not have data connection too. I did not noticed it at first due to wifi at home.Full signal with 3g sign on the right side of signal sign but no exchange, no pop mails, no internet. Always the same error code 80072EFD. None of the solutions I have found here or other places on interent did not help. This is rediculous! I see here that Nokia prepared solution for ATT Lumia 900 but for 800 I did not find anything like that. Please help!

Registered Member
ajaykc

Is your phone locked by t-mobile in Croatia? Do you have anything like proxy settings in internet settings?
Contributor
IgorPureta

Yes, it is locked by T-mobile. Until yesterday I did not need any apn setings - it worked without it. I put APN today after discovering that it has helped to some people. No there is no special proxy conditions for connection just pure URL

Advisor
abhi_botts

Hi all,

I am from India and I was comfortably using airtel data connection since last 5 months on my Lumia 800. But since last 4 days I am not able to browse internet on my phone also getting the same windows live id services unavailable error. I am not able to download or upload any application from market place.

However I found a temporary solution to browsing issue and that is to use UC browser. This browser is letting me open websites while built-in internet explorer of Lumia 800 is not opening up in website. You can use UC browser or QQ browser if you are not able surf internet due to windows live id error. However still I am not able to find any solution to download/update software from marketplace.

Please try about solution and share your experience.

Contributor
nlumiauser

[ Edited ]

Thank you so much.
It worked for me!

Life saver! and yes fantastic phone :-D

P.S:

I wrote my problem

@

http://discussions.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/Nokia-Lumia-800-signal-problems/m-p/1508656...

Registered Member
svishyn

I have the same problem with my LUMIA 800 phone. It shows 80072FA8 error. What should I do? I have tried resetting network operator etc. The calls and sms work well. The internet connectivity is off although it shows data connectivity is on...pls help!!!!!
Registered Member
DevMadhesia

Hi all,

I am facing 3G data connection issue.

I am from India and I was comfortably using airtel data connection since last 5 months on my Lumia 800. But since last 10 days I am not able to browse internet on my phone also getting the same windows live id services unavailable error. I am not able to download or upload any application from market place.

After master reset it was working but now again facing same issue since last 3 days.

please help me to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Devendra

lumia800user

hi

i am having nokia Lumia800 . Using it over MTNL Mumbai network.

Last few days i m facing very strage connectivity related issue . When I move from my office to home or other way round, my connectivity goes down. Also though i m not able to make calls or connect data but i am able to receive calls, but again not able call back to the number. then I switch on and off flight mode and it becomes ok.

Why is it so. earlier there was no such issues. 

Is there permanent solution.

I am using MTNL connection with TAB without any issue.

Registered Member
hsba

try switching on "flight mode" and then come back to normal and try.

i had same problem in my new phone and it worked.

Registered Member
MeghanneRose

Guyz, I bought Lumia 800 in India last month, over Airtel postpaid number with 3G enabled. For the first 3 months, everything worked beautifully, but then onwards I am facing multiple issues. Firstly, the 3G airtel data connection is not working. once every 2-3 days, I receive an outdated watsapp ping. Mails are not popping up at all. However like u all, the Wifi option is working. 

I could still live with this issue, but I am facing a critical CALL DROP issue. All my incoming and outgoing calls get disconnected within the 1st or secong pulse. I am facing this trouble in Greater Noida, Haryana region, over my workplace but In Delhi, no call drop problem. Airtel says the problem is with the Handset (though I wonder that the handset can't be biased towards Delhi), and Nokia says that it a fallout of the network. 

Does anyone have any idea???  

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

With regards to the call drop issue only, the the following. Goto Settings>Mobile network, scroll down to Highest Connection Speed, change this from 3G to E and see if you still have call drop problems at work. Please note that tjis will also slow down your internet connection so you might want to change it back after your experiment.

Advisor
abhi_botts

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

Helping news from me regarding the “No Data Connection” problem. I have found a solution which I tested for more than a month and its working great. People suggested to master reset Lumia 800 and then start again from the scratch, that is what I did, but wait.... this is not the solution as "No data connection" problem raised up again in a month and I was not in a mood to wipe all my data once again... and I am sure you people will also not like to sacrifice your valuable data for resetting your Lumia.

Solution:

The saviour app is the "Network Setup" app from Nokia. Be cautious while using this app. Use it only when your data connection is not working otherwise this app may stop it from working. Install the app and set the APN manually. In my case it was airtelgprs.com as I am using Airtel in India.

Caution:

I used the solution for almost a month and I am faced with the same problem again when I updated the app!! So, there may be some bug with the app, but that's true. Solution??? once again the same - Update the app and set your APN manually... lol

Experience:

In the whole I am using the data connection without wiping my data (resetting Lumia again and again). Updating the app raised some worry, but was solved within minutes.... so my experience with the solution has been satisfactory till now...

People having the same problem please try the solution and share your experience....

Good luck and love Lumia 800...

*note; removed personal URL, providing these is not allowed under the guidelines. 

Registered Member
darude

i went to network set up and clicked on operator but its showing "no operator found"

Registered Member
darude

and my connection is vodafone...

Registered Member
darude

in network set up its showing no operator found...and my conn is vodafone...pls help..does master reset deletes any data or contacts

Mobile Overlord
cjlim

Yes, the hard reset deletes everything. Before doing the resetting, contact your network to make sure they are so problems with service in your area. Also get them to confirm that your account hasn't been blocked. Next check your sim card. try it with another phone and also try another sim with your phoe and see if they work.

Advisor
abhi_botts

Hey read my earlier post, I am sure it will help you.
If it solves your problem plz mark it as a solution.