Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 800: Speaker problem, no sound.

roelbaan

I had the same problem, but was able to fix it... I remembered that it started after listening to a music app (spotify) with earphones. I connected the earphones, started the app, closed the app and then disconnected the earphones. Now everything is working fine again. Hope this helps for more people.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
jpfava

Same problem here, headset detected as plugged. So i insert a toothpick into the headset connector, move it arround very carefully and start working.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
nas21613

I got the same problem with my nokia lumia 800 BUT the phone is a survivor and will heal itself... If it doesnt i'll probably send it to nokia care.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
plantguy

Faced the same problem with my lumia 800... I inserted the headphones andit was working thankfully...guess its not an isolated problem ..since many are experiencing the same trouble
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Unhappywitphone

I just got my phone its the 900 and i cannot hear anything with the headphones in.  Its very anoying AARGH

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Brutas

I had problem with my Lumia 800 where I had no audio sound on any calls - i.e.. I couldn't hear anyone.  I installed the Diagnostic App by entering ##634# and ran that through...it didn't identify any problems.  I then went through each category individually and eventually ended up in 'Audio Loopback' where I set the Loopback to 'Earpiece'. I then gained control over the audio up/down switch on the side and managed to get my audio sound up to 10...it had been on 0 (?)  Whereupon....hurrah...hurrah...hurrah...i got the audio back on my incoming calls.

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davidbcn

Thank you,

I ran the diagnostic code over my lumia 800 and with the audio test the problem was solve... I can ear my call phones again without de headphones. But I'm affraid with that problem... It seems that the problem can easily back again :smileysad: I hope that doesn't happen.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
davidbcn

:smileysad: no way... the problem starts again. The audio doesn't work

Please use plain text.
gautam52

i ran the diagnostic test..the headphone shows disconnected..when u run the DTMF test i cant hear the souds..in audio loopback the earpiece and loudspeaker doesnt work..sound works when i connect the headphone..speakers dont work in speaker test..so in my nokia lumia 710 the only sound i can hear is through headphone..but this is just diagnosis..whats the solution?
Please use plain text.
gautam52

factory reset will help?
Please use plain text.
Community Manager
periwinkle28

Can't play videos and can't open Xbox games apps on Lumia 800

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
muttley65

i joined this forum to check out my phones no sound problem.Tried cleaning jack socket with paperclip and now phone working again,cheers for the advice.:smileylol:

Please use plain text.
JouniK

Simple plug/unplug headset worked for me. Apparently the low level logic isn't flawless.
Did not find anything via diagnostics or physically in the hole for the plug. Maybe there was something sinne even power off/on did no fix this one.

This has happened to me multiple times with Lumia 800. In other times the phone somehow recovered after a while or power on/off have fixed the problem. Now I know to retry plug/unplug sequence.

Highly annoying bug though. Haven't seen the same problem with my other Nokia phones. In WP you don't see clearly that the headset mode is on. So you only find this out next time you call or receive call :crying:
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
GrubbyPumpkin

I have tried all this and reached the same conclusion. Do you think there is a way of tricking it into thinking that the headphone is disconnected? Maybe there is a nokia equivalent of the iPhone jailbreak which can help achieve this?

Please use plain text.
JouniK

GrubbyPumpkin: I don't know, but I think not knowing when this happens is the worst thing.
Indication of headset mode, even if implemented by some App, would be nice.

You probably can get it via some debug program, but I thing it's still too many steps. So Indication in tile view would be needed.

Best would be naturally that R&D would pick this problem and do something about it. Especially if it's there in multiple models.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
AkankshaSeth

Hi!

I have exactly the same issue. It was working all right and suddenly the sound went off on its own. Don't know how to fix it. I have tried everything. I can now only use my phone on speaker. What nonsense is ithis. Please somebody advise me what can I do to resolve this issue.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
djohari

i already detect my problem...and my problem is lumia 800 stuck on jack mode... and it is unable go back to speaker only at headphone/earphone mode.. i need help got this since go offroad racing... .help me maybe this is the cause that it might have something inside? .. the jack???

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
raghavmac

It's not at all a problem. 

Solution - Insert your headphones or headset and listen to a song, be cool, and then remove the earpiece. Now your speaker and every sound components works normally.

This is beacause when you remove your earpiece very faster then sometimes the phone got stucked and it thinks that, the earpiece is still connected and so the problem occurs.

Windows Phone is a great mobile OS until you know how to use it. 

Enjoy!!!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Blizard

Hi, I had similar problem with my Lumia 900: headset detected as plugged. I found that headset plugin was not going to bottom of connector. I removed pieces if paper tissue blocking at bottom of headset connector with tooth stick and now it works again fine. Great phone!
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
happylmc

Hi

I have had a Lumia 620 for a while now and seem to have inherited the speaker problem others are reporting with their various Lumia phones. This problem has been going on for weeks much to my frustration and I've had the phone replaced and a replacement SIM and the issue was still present.

Like most of you the phone would allow me to dial out but I couldn't hear it ring, it was show as dialling and would connect to the person i rang, but I couldn't hear them.

If people rang me, it would ring, i could answer it but again could hear nothing.

All other tones on the phone worked fine, ie ring, key presses/bleeps.

I took the phone to a nearest service provider store and they had no idea how to fix it either.

Having read through suggestions tonight on this forum I am happy to confirm my problem is resolved so thanks for everyone's help!  To share, the problem was caused by something being inserted into my headphone jack. In my case, I bought a new case which came with a mini stylus and thought the phone jack socket was a good place to pop it into as it was secure and meant I wouldn't loose it.

Having removed the stylus and rang out, got someone to ring me - the problem is resolved!!!!  This forum and the comments of those of you who post on it have managed to sort in minutes what those professionals I have contacted have failed to even diagnose

You have made my night - thanks again..................xXx

Please use plain text.