Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 800 - Strange UI Behavior after Touch!!!

Counsellor
JCVD

The disappearing keyboard issue a a WindowsPhone bug wwhich has been fixed in build 7.10.8107.79. But the rest of what you describe is indeedthe symptoms of a poorly grounded screen.
Every Lumia 800 I've played with seems to suffer from it to a certain extend (some are had it but it was really hard to trigger/replicate, while others are worst). As I posted earlier; HTC was able to fix asimilar issue via a firmware update on the HTC EVO nearly 2 years ago.
theonlymember

I have this same problem.  As someone stated previously, I think this is related to having too much index finger skin touching the screen.  For some reason the screen registers all of that finger skin as multiple points touching the screen and bounces between the two points.

Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

I also have this issue on my Lumia when it's plugged into a charger.

My old LG did the same with certain chargers, it looks like the Capacitive screen is picking up interference/feedback from the charger itself

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Contributor
yeoldgreat1

I have the same issue. I made another youtube to show other people what I meant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLU5d-ILuWI

I was planning on going back to the phone shop tomorrow to get an exchange but I won't bother if all the phones seem to have the same issue.

Registered Member
HugoCB

I also had the same issue. Please fix this problem nokia.