Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 800 and watching videos on the internet

msujb

Lumia 800 and watching videos on the internet

I know the Lumia 800 does not support watching or streaming videos on the internet such as iplayer or skysports but is there any way it can be done and any updates to make it possible in the future??? Its a bit annoying!!

Please use plain text.
Advisor
robbyboy

Re: Lumia 800 and watching videos on the internet

i love the lumia, but i am shocked i cant watch iplayer, especially seeing as my now dated nokia n97 mini enabled me to watch live streams. it was done via the excellent opera browser,.

surely if the old phones enable streaming the new EXPENSIVE ones most definately should.
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
uni3que

Yea .. The purpose of browsing is to look for live streaming. I am a gamer , and I love to see trailers and gameplays of video games .
I too wish that Nokia atleast allows a app to get access to live streaming :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
neile35c

i can not believe you can not watch the iplayer on the lumia what are you playing at nokia as i said on ome of my other posts lumia is a step backwards no sorry its anvery big step backwards watch the iplayer all the time on my c7 .gives us the n9 nokia
Please use plain text.
mmeghalsi

SO DESAPOITING
I bought the nokia lumia 800 and the battery life was rubbish with a very little use... couple of phone calls news on the net for 10min 2 emails 2 text and that was it 10% left on the battery...
I am not using bluethoot or wifi... nothing basic use...
I called orange and they collected the phone and gave me a new one......guess what....same problem!
+ WP 8 comming soon and you will be stock with WP 7.5
+ Phone getting hot for no reason
What a shame a beautiful phone that you cannot use more than few hours... I am going to get the samsung s2 instead and you should do the same guys, the lumia is not going to last!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
robbyboy

love the phone but felt dissapointed with the streaming.  but found some stuff out today.     visit dailymotion in internet explorer, visit you tube.  even visit rickastley.co.uk   and the majority of videos work.

apparently int explorer uses html5, and the future web will not be using flash.    sites like sky and bbc, will be upgrading soon .     hope this is true.  

Please use plain text.