Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 800 not charging, totally dead

Advisor
abhi_botts

Hi there, you are messed up.

Lumia 800 is the worst decision..

I have the same problem and I kept my Lumia 800 with Nokia Care and Nokia India head office for more than 20 days but none them are competent enough to repair the device!! I got my device back unrepaired after 20 days!!

It is just the piece of scrap now.

Registered Member
hazari

i tried all, but failed plz help me out

my lumia 800 isnt showing anything i tried all things...

1st its hang and my battery was full i was listening songs now its dead for last 40hrs

KevClynes wrote:

Hi all,

I've been loving the Lumia 800 since I got it bar a few problems getting it turn on, but this one takes the cake. Last night I was using my phone before I went to sleep and the battery died so I put it to one side. This morning I go to charge the phone and I'm getting very very little response from the phone. Once I plug the charger in the phone vibrates twice, although the second time it appears to be getting 'cut off.' At no point is anything visible on the screen.

Tried to use the laptop and I get the USB connection sound from my PC, however it then plays the 'removed USB device' sound and there's no indication the phone's connected.

The only technique that gets any kind of response is the 'soft reset', holding the power button and bottom volume button for 10 seconds which gets my carrier's logo up on screen before it quickly dies.

As this is my only phone I'm getting rather stressed about this. I really do need my phone in the week. Would you guys suggest I take it to one of my carrier's shop or try and go through Nokia themselves?

So dissapointed because it's my favourite phone I've ever owned, and now it's useless and causing me a lot of undue stress. Any help would be appreicated.

Mobile Guru
93tid

If you tried all and failed, then you should take your phone to a Nokia Care Point to be checked out.

Advisor
pat2k4

Hi,

It seems l am creeping back to a 'dead Nokia' as this is a replacement with both hardware and software updates to cure the issue of sudden death. l am extremely disappointed as its equally fustrating not to be using my handset. Its not switching on and as far as i can recall this is the second instance that its 'died' despite being charged and functioning. It's worth noting that this happened whilst playing music. Issue's here with the software or OS?

l tried desperately to hand this phone back initially to NOKIA when the problems occured but they explained to me that with the recent updates and the fix of the battery l will not suffer again.. its only been a couple of months and l can only say that lm fed up and disappointed..,maybe its time to move on to ANDROID..samsung anyone?

Nokia respond accordingly and sort out my NOKIA LUMIA 800....replace it with something that does what its meant to do as a consumer..that's the least l can ask.

Thank you

Advisor
pat2k4

Its finally been sent back via UPS and will update you folks with the latest news how my saga ends...l did tell the nokia technician that l have my reservations about getting the same handset back bearing in mind that it was already a replacement...its all messed up as ZUNE will not sync all the stuff expecially when its a new IMEI...fustrating but lets see what the boffins at Nokia suggest and what they send back..watch this space for further updates...:confused:

Registered Member
lilysfriend

Because of the amazing reviews I read about this phone I bought one in March this year.  It has been fantastic.  I really like it and it even worked fine this morning.  I did let the battery get a bit low last night, it told me to go and recharge!  However later this morning I went to switch it on and it was dead!  It had been recharging all night!  It should be ok.

Anyway, I know the above message is about 18 months old but I followed what you said about holding the vol key and start key at the same time and at first nothing happened.  I plugged the charger in and pressed the 2 keys again but held them down for 15 secs instead of 10, still absolutely nothing happened.  I came back over to my computer to continue hunting for a solution in these chats and suddently my phone did its little plink a plonk sound that it does when you (usually) plug it into the charger.  I went over and it is working again now.  It is showing the battery as half full!!!??? so I am letting it charge up and bit more.

Hopefully it has returned to being the previous wonderful little gizmo!  If not I'll be Back!!

Good luck with all your probs everyone,  it is so frustrating when your phone dies.  I too am a one phone person and when your phone dies half your world goes too!

Registered Member
computech65

This has happened to my, my sisters and a friends nokia lumia 800 my girlfriend also has one and i am betting it will happen to hers as this seems to be a VERY COMMON problem. I have tried the reset hard and soft, keeping it connected to the computer with Zune connected replacing the battery and also swapping the motherboard with a phone that does work all to no avail , i no longer trust NOKIA and i will NEVER buy another nokia phone, i think they are putting something in their software to make this happen so people buy their new updated phone, i love windows 8 and will still use the format and have already ordered an HTC 8S to replace this phone and mine is going on ebay as spares or repair. This should be investigated and NOKIA FINED if it is found they are corrupting the phones they make

Contributor
Bas4got2

If all else fails, which they did for me, this method reset my wife's phone to as left the factory:

Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 7 

Make sure the charger is disconnected.1. Switch the power Off.2. Press and hold the Volume down and Camera keys.3. Press and hold the Power key.4. When the phone vibrates, release the power key, but continue holding the volume down and camera keys, until the phone reboots.

Once rebooted leave to fully charge before reloading and updating software.

It worked first time but be aware that this resets the phone to the factory settings and all personal info and apps not backed up will be lost.

Contacts on the SIM card were safe.

Registered Member
sumantenany

After connecting with Zune on PC phone is dead for the 5th time. The local customer care execs don't even offer for the replacement