Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 800 poor battery life

Advisor
streetsleeper

would be nice to get a reply from nokia about this
Advisor
clive_merritt

can anybody answer me this please, can anybody charge their lumia whilst the phone is turned off...if i turn my phone off and plug my charger in it instantly restarts the phone, if the phones battery is dead it will flahs a battery symbol up and after a couple of minutes start the phone, anybody else finding this??

Professor

Apparently all WP7 phones turn on when charging. Not sure why.
Counsellor
RajC

Just got my replacement Lumia 800 after experiencing a dead phone after only using it for 2 hours after a full charge.
I plugged the new phone into the charger and it instantly switched on and then after the initial Welcome logo, the phone showed the "Goodbye" message and switched off again.....this happened about 8 times after which it stayed on and continued charging.
Im guessing the replacement phone was completely discharged....

Anyway i'm waiting for it to charge up before i set it up again....will keep you posted....
Lumia 800
Orange UK
Advisor
mnl87

@Hannibal

When fully charged it looks like this:

Voltage: 4,16V (!?)

Current: 122 mA

Full Capacity: 1509 mAh

Remaining Capacity: 1320 mAh

The phone was unplugged 1s before using the diagnostics tool so it seems the battery does not receive a full charge? The high voltage might be an issue, too.

Counsellor

well, I am not sure what this means. I am no expert, but it confirms what I saw on my phone. Was planning to write an email to tech support and ask what the deal is.

I guess we just need to get used to WP :smileyhappy: My N8 was lasting 3 days

Registered Member
user0

I agree, battery life is very poor.

I am compelled to limit the use of the phone during the day to make it last till the evening.
This isn't "The amazing everyday" that I hoped for.

1uck3y

Got my Lumia on the 19th, great loved it. On the 20th switched the phone off with 91% battery life showing. Next morning....battery falt...completely flat, wouldn't even switch on. Completely gutted now ! Took it back to the shop and they told me...the battery is flat ! No way !!! Tell me something i didn't know ! They sent me away with the phone and told me to charge it.  Seems i have made a terrible choice, thought nokia would have done their homework before releasing the phone...seems not. Hate to say it, but i am glad it is under 14 days old, going to throw it back at orange and get my money back and buy an i phone, the one phone i vowed i wouldn't buy.  This has to be the worst battery life ever...switched OFF and left overnight....Nokia this is terrible !  What are you doing ignoring this problem ?

Advisor
mnl87

Apparently they are looking into the matter. Media said we can expect an update which should improve battery life. I just hope Nokia keep their word and the improvement is actually noticable.

Counsellor
jragar

I have poor battery life at the moment as well, however I've only had the phone since thursday. Without the battery saver mode it wouldnt last a day.
Counsellor
corwin

[ Edited ]

I am experiencing the same thing, but only since it once fully discharged. There seems to be a known problem around this, runtime being seriously degraded after the battery completely discharged once.

Can we please check the Battery information in the Diagnostics menu (##634# in dialer)? Mine (being 'faulty') is showing:

Charged 65535%

Voltage: 3,925v

Current (Discharging): 150 mA (was up to 500 mA earlier)

Full Charge Capacity: 1515 mAh

Remaining Capacity: 1007 mAh With this, I am getting not-so-great 8 hours of battery life :smileywink:

Actually it is saying: 5 hours remaining :smileysad:

Nokia, please help us with that.

Best regards,

Corwin

Advisor
mnl87

Maybe the battery really needs a few cycles. I am using the phone since release date and its gotten more full cycles than most of yours. That would explain the higher remaining capacity on my part.

Counsellor
corwin

[ Edited ]

To be clear: This is not about cycles. This is giving you 10-15%.

What we are talking about here is about 3-4 times worse battery life than it is supposed to be.

It is happening, since the battery went flat the first time. It was fine the days before.

Plus it seems to be a known problem.

Can somebody from Nokia please give a statement here, after investigating internal knowledge?

Mobile Guru
93tid

corwin wrote:Can somebody from Nokia please give a statement here, after investigating internal knowledge?

Nokia will not even acknowledge the issue before being bombarded with complaints via Nokia Care and Nokia Customer Service, we have seen this many times before (N97, purple screens) and nothing has changed in that respect. So go make noise where it counts, send your phones back for repair and exchange again and again if you want a response, this forum will only frustrate you no end. Use the Contact us tab at the top right of this page.

Counsellor
jragar

Hi - mine seems to be depleting fast too:

charged: 65535%
voltage 3,861v
current (discharging) 154mA
full charge cap - 1517 mAh
Remaining 927 mAh

not good. There must be a way to fix this, the 65535% cant be right
Counsellor
corwin

[ Edited ]

@93tid:

Thanks a lot, you are absolutely right, this has to be taken to nokia.
I already opened a support case with them, describing the problem.

My hope was, that somebody from nokia might be reading this, anyway :smileyhappy:

Mobile Guru
93tid

corwin wrote:My hope was, that somebody from nokia might be reading this, anyway :smileyhappy:

They are, but you will not get any official acknowledgement or statement until it is painfully obvious to everyone that such a problem exists. Until a sufficient number of complaints is registered through "official" channels it will remain a "random issue related to a very small number of handsets sold".

Counsellor
JCinMijas

Morning campers

Been bashing my Lumia 800 now for the past 24 hours and must say that if you are a long time Symbian user like me - this new Nokia WP is a little strange at first and has settings that one is not accsutomed to and some are really well hidden and you have to go through each one at a time. But any way to the task at hand - Battery time - if you go to your settings tab and scroll down to the bottom - you will see - FIND MY PHONE, although a great little feature it does have one flaw - if you use one or both of the sub features (Connect to these... and Save my Location.....) it will drain your battery a lot quicker thank normal, and as I am quite careful with my devices, see no need for using this feature.

This could be of help to solve at least some drainage problems you might be experiencing, at least until the Nokia update that started rolling out a couple of days ago, reaches you. This update is designed to fix some very minor bugs with the battery, which should mean a longer spell of life, but will also come bundled with Microsoft’s ‘Build 7740’ update. So hang in there folks.

Until next time - JC

Mobile Guru
93tid

JCinMijas wrote:
- Battery time - if you go to your settings tab and scroll down to the bottom - you will see - FIND MY PHONE, although a great little feature it does have one flaw - if you use one or both of the sub features (Connect to these... and Save my Location.....) it will drain your battery a lot quicker than normal, and as I am quite careful with my devices, see no need for using this feature.

Were these functions set on by default on your handset ?

Counsellor
JCinMijas

Yep - on mine they were.