Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 800 poor battery life

Contributor
goldenRide

i have just updated my lumia800 in singapore!!

ok, heres how it goes.

- without 3g, it discharges at 50-70

-with 3g turned on its discharging round 70-90

-i was previously discharging at 140-160 with 3g turned OFF!!!

i guess(hope) perhaps nokia got it right this time. 

will update again after more hours of use

for people still having problem, maybe you guys can try turing off the whole lot of apps that requires pulling and pushing of data. i think even if there is no connection, the app will still run automatcally.

-i am seeing hope for my lumia 800 now.

Counsellor
jerms

Sorted. Thx nokia
Counsellor
IMNdi

[ Edited ]

Thanks goldenride. Keep us posted. The 3G drain is my last bug.

Well, I kinda have a new one but I hope it's temporary. My Marketplace seems to have stopped getting application updates. I hope it's just loaded servers.

Edit: I was temporary. I just got a ton of them. All is well with the world again.

Counsellor
SH4RKY

Ill be interested to see what the new firmware does... As my standby is now at 0.5% an hour... haha

3g is still off though.

Cyiqun

hey peeps

first of all thanks to everyone who contributed here helped me a lot so i hope to return the favour

my lumia 800 previously also had high drain and i couldnt use it past 6 hours with moderate usage

went to nokia care they updated the firmware for me

and after that i went home and saw another 'nokia update' which i did

currently my phone discharges at around 90mA when im doing nothing which is great!

however about once every half minute it will spike to about 250mA for a few seconds and return to 90

so maybe you guys should go to nokia for the firmware update and see how it goes:smileyhappy:

os version 7.10.8107.79

firmware 1600.2487.8107.12070

hardware 112.1402.2.3

3g, location turned on. brightness medium. email manually. wifi off. aaaaaand battery saver off to see how long it will last normally.

can i just ask whther anyone knows the reason for the spike every minute and how to reduce it?

anyway the current diagnostics that i install does not have detail battery info. it only has battery status and it only shows voltage and discharging current. no more full capacity n remaining

Contributor
goldenRide

hi, firstly , i have checked  these are my phone's info

os version 7.10.8107.79

firmware 1600.2487.8107.12070

hardware 112.1402.2.3

i see occasional spikes as well, but somehow my phone is lasting longer. maybe the improvements have offset it.

anyway, after several days of usage, my phone still has around 50% after 24 hr usage, with 3g turned on,ard 2 hours of music, and 1.5 hours of web(i was in school, so very sparse usage).

i guess i am satisfied with lumia battery now. if only ther is the wifi hotspot they promised.

Counsellor
PiElle

Try a Nokia Belle phone, instead!    :smileyvery-happy:

Cyiqun

back with bad news

the phone battery lasts well when its on standby but whenever i start to use it the drain is back to its previous levels

if i use internet and messaging and music for one hour it minuses about 30%?JUST ONE HOUR

and my phone suddenly restarted on its own so i guess its back to nokia care

Counsellor
Erazor84

[ Edited ]

same for me with the newest march firmware. after charge with standby ~~ 3% battery drain per hour. it is better than before  5-6% /hour, but if i start to use my phone -> playing music or just surf for 10 minutes it drains the same level as the previous firmware does. so if i surf for 10 minutes(!) it uses 10% bettery power. the diagnostic app shows a 255 -330mA drain level. even if only the screen is turned on, after i used the phone. (no bg task). the only way to get some good standby times is to don't use the phone after charge and a reboot. then it lasts at least 24 hours. (never more than 24 hours even in standby, no matter what firmware i use)

Advisor
PaulSlide

I concur with Erazor84.  My standby time is down to about 1% per hour, but switch the 3G on and actually start using the thing for its intended purposes and the drain is very much as it was before the update.  I've got used to living without 3G since I spend most of my time in WiFi areas, it's just annoying to feel reluctant to switch it on when I need it.

Counsellor

This might help some people who have suffered poor battery life: use the 2.1A charger from an iPad 2 with the micro USB cable instead of the Apple one. Same voltage so cannot harm the phone. The extra pep over an old Nokia charger has made a huge difference to battery life.
Registered Member
Malhuis

According to your site the latest firmware for the Lumina 800 is 1600.2487.8107.12070. I still have 1600.2483.8106.11500. My battery does not even last till 5PM    I checked on Zune and the update is not available for me. How can I update my phone?

Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Raoul_Duke

@Malhuis

Hi Malhuis,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the discussion forums.

Please have a look at the following thread for all your answers in regards to the new official update for the Lumia.

http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/t5/Nokia-with-Windows-Phone/New-update-available-for-Lumia-800-1...

Regards

Raoul_Duke
If you find this post helpful, a click upon the white star at bottom would always be appreciated.
If it also solves your problem, clicking ACCEPT AS SOLUTION below it will benefit other users!
Counsellor
cbhattarai

I need to say that upgrading the system has really helped me to make my battery life better. Have anybody else tried this one..

Counsellor
pollis559

It appears that with time my phone’s battery life has got better with the trial firmware loaded. It still only likes full charges not mid-charge plug-ins (confuses it a bit).

I have had around 36 hours use the last few days. Not sure if it is related but I also uninstalled the RAC App. With the latest firmware on the way hopefully boosting it even more and Nokia Drive 2 out next week I think things are finally looking up. :smileyhappy:

Mobile Visionary
foxmeister

pollis559 wrote:

It appears that with time my phone’s battery life has got better with the trial firmware loaded. It still only likes full charges not mid-charge plug-ins (confuses it a bit).

Noticed the partial charge thing with Mine over the past couple of days.

when I first took mine off charge after update, the phone reported I had 1 day 17hrs remaining

when I next put the phone on charge it was showing 3hrs remaining and when it had charged up, it showed 1day 14hrs remaining

I put it on charge last night when it showed 14hrs remaining and when I unplugged it this morning it now reported 23hrs remaining

It seems to deduct the previous remaining time off the current time

If this Post is helpful. A click on the White Kudos star is always Appreciated

Last Nokia: Nokia Lumia 800

Current Phone: A Non Nokia Device

Previous Phones:Don't Ask ;-)

Counsellor
pollis559

Foxmeister, I think you may have explained the mid-charge battery issue. Your mid charge sums also work for me. :smileyhappy:

I had been getting around 36 hours with empty to full charge cycles. Yesterday I charged the phone when it still had 10 hours charge left instead of almost zero. Today after 15 hours I have only 9 hours left. i.e. The 10 hours it had left when I charged it have been ‘lost’ (15+9+10 = mid 30’s as I had been getting on previous empty to full charges).

This would also explain why people got good battery life after a hard reset and then it got worse after each charge (if they didn’t charge from almost empty). Lets hope this fix is in the latest update.

Counsellor
l3yl05

@raoul duke - that link answers nothing!!

Contributor
joeyjnr

[ Edited ]

I have a brand spanking Lumia from Telstra last week which came with the latest firmware. I'm lucky if it stays on after a fully day (6am -10pm). I can't be bothered reading 46 pages of a forum - is anyone able to give me some tips on how to improve the battery life?

it's currently at 77% but estimated time remaining is 9 hours? Considering it has the latest battery fixing firmware, surely it should last longer than that....?

Counsellor
IMNdi

* Turn 3G off.

* Lights at low, manual.

Check with Diagnostics software. At those settings, it should hover around ~140mA. If not, try a reboot and give it a few minutes.

If that checks out, check battery capacity in said program. If under ~1200, then you'll just have to scan the forum back a few pages and find my post on how to reset capacity. I'm sorry, but you'll have to. The post that mentions full cycled + reboot while in charger.

If you have a consumption problem, start with standard stuff, in order of drain:

* 3G

* Screen

* Background tasks (Settings > swipe to the right screen)

--

Users reported other settings to count: report feedback, auto-adjust time, check for updates. Vast majority agrees that ain't it. Make sure they are set to only feed back and check for updates over wifi.

If you have capacity problems, cycle the battery as instructed.