Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 800 still no WP 7.8?

Registered Member
Barty
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 still no WP 7.8?

Greetings,
I thought official WP 7.8 has already rolled out, but I still haven't received any update notice. My phone should be french, not branded. I use czech rep. operator, though (T-Mobile). OS version: 7.10.8773.98; WP 7.5. Firmware revision number: 1750.0805.8773.12220.

Will I get the update? I really don't want to update in any unofficial way, as it would probably void my warranty.

Thanks for your answers.

Please use plain text.
Sage
shay1

It has not been officially released yet, all the information we have got so far is that it will be released in early 2013. Who knows when that is
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
Barty

Looks like I got a wrong info then. Thanks for your help :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Hrwest

Hello...

Now that it is official that the 7.8 update is released, and Nokia support for Lumia 800 tells the newest update is 
1750.0823.885x.124x0

how comes that mine still won't update from 7.10(8773) 

My firmware is 

/West

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
dalegribble

It would be great to know when Vodafone users will be getting this!

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
emilygreen

Hi All

Your phone notifies you once an update is available. We ask you to be patient, as updates for Nokia Lumia range are always released gradually, and it can take up to three weeks for the update to become available for everyone. To make sure you don’t miss out on the notification, check on your phone that under Settings > Phone Update > “Notify me when new updates are found” is enabled.

You may refer on this link to check what is the latest firmware revision number available for your device. To check for your current version, go to Settings > About > more information > Firmware revision number.

If my post helped you, please don't forget to click on the "White Star" and if it resolved your issue click on "Accept as Solution" :smileywink:

Nokia Lumia 920 Nokia Asha 308 Nokia 808 PureView 
Please use plain text.
jalanara

Hi,

My Lumia 800 has still fw 1750.0805.8773.12220.

I live in Finland and availability list shows:

• Lumia 800 Country Variant 1750.0823.8852.12430
  • Lumia 800 Elisa 1750.0823.8852.12430

so why am I still not getting those?

And my operator is Elisa.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
michelangelo_

Hi, 

I didn't get update also. I have Lumia 800. When it turns on, there is Polish "Orange" operator logo, but I use Vodafone Czech. Result is, I still didn't get update to 7.8 and I don't even know, who is supposed to deliver update to me. I'm starting to get used to fact, that I will not have 7.8 at my phone at all.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
cjlim

michelangelo_ wrote:

Hi, 

I didn't get update also. I have Lumia 800. When it turns on, there is Polish "Orange" operator logo, but I use Vodafone Czech. Result is, I still didn't get update to 7.8 and I don't even know, who is supposed to deliver update to me. I'm starting to get used to fact, that I will not have 7.8 at my phone at all.

Your update will be delivered by Microsoft but Orange has to approve and update first before it will be released by Microsoft. I suggest you contact Orange and ask them when they willl be approving the update. 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
michelangelo_

I didnt find english version of orange.pl and even when I am able to mostly understand Polish (its close to Czech), I didnt find there contact besides free phone call. I'll write more about progress later.

Btw, here: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/lumia-software-update/availability-in-europe/ it looks like, there is same version avaiable for both operators, who are possibly supposed to update my phone. Question is, is it 7.8 version? Atm I have 1750.0805.8773.12220 version.

Poland  /  Lumia 800  /  Orange  /  1750.0823.8858.12460

Czech Republic  /  Lumia 800  /  Vodafone  /  1750.0823.8858.12460

Please use plain text.
Commandor

Stiil no update for 7.8. And I have seen more Nokia Lumia 800 with the same issue.

Using firmware 1750.0805.8773.12220 in the Netherlands not branded. And when you call Nokia Customer Care they don't help you further and send you to your provider (in my case T-Mobile) but the phone is not branded so they can not help you. So what next how do I get a update?  

A unhappy Nokia Lumia 800 user.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
JonathanSoder

Commandor wrote:

A unhappy Nokia Lumia 800 user.

Agree!

I have a Lumia 800 and Telia in Sweden.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
2grimus6

7.8 upgrade pulled by Microsoft. Live tile problems found early February you have been wasting

your time checking as it has been withdrawn for weeks.

Nokia unaware or forgot to tell us.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
michelangelo_

[ Edited ]

My Lumia 800 got update today!

Bought from ORANGE.PL

Edit: There was update, but not to 7.8 version. . . 

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
jekiboi20

Hi Guys,

For the WP7.5 phone users, check the statement below:

“Delivery of Windows Phone 7.8 continues from today, the 14th of March. Those customers who have already updated to 7.8 will get immediate access to the new software which includes the fix for the live tile issue reported by some, and for those who had not previously updated their phones the update will be phased in during the coming weeks.”

Nokia Lumia 1020 - nothing comes close Nokia Asha 501 - super smart pocket power 

Follow us on Twitter Watch Nokia Support Videos

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Getsuga

Hi, 

I'm from Malaysia and have got lumia 800 last week from my operator. Till now i have yet to receive any message prompt for update. Below is my firmware version and revision number. Can anyone help or provide some useful guideline so that I can get my phone updated to the latest firmware. Thanks. 

Firmware version: 7.10.8107.79

Firmware revision number: 1600.2483.8107.11501 

Please use plain text.
Advisor
ebenito

Hi to all!

I have a Nokia Lumia 800 with WP 7.8 (7.10.8862.144; the last update at this moment) but when I start the Nokia app to share by bluetooth I see a message error about my phone not it's updated to the last version!!!

I just noted that my firmware version it's 1750.0805.8773.12220 but in another Lumia 800 that work fine the app to share by bluetooth have the 1750.0823.8858.12460.

How can I update the firmware?. When I check updates with Zune I don't find anything else Microsoft update, which I installed a week ago

Thanks

Please use plain text.