Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 800 to windows 8 mobile??

Registered Member
JamesNugent
Accepted Solution

Lumia 800 to windows 8 mobile??

Am I able to upgrade the software on my Lumia 800 to windows 8 mobile??
Posted from Facebook
Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
rayhipkiss

Re: Lumia 800 to windows 8 mobile??

The Lumia 800 will not be upgradable to Windows Phone 8 due to hardware restrictions of the 800 such as multi core CPU support and SD card support.

Ray.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
pawan_pullarwar

I heard Windows 8 is out for Lumia 800, I tried to check for update but I am getting message that "Your phone is up to date. Current phone software version 7.10 (8773)"
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arontria

i think its not windows 8. Isaw some videos of an updated Lumia 800 in youtube having the 7.8.

I also own a lumia 800. what we'll getting soon is the windows 7.8 update that will give us some new features on WP8 phones :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
rahuljjw

When will you provide Windows 7.8 update for Nokia Lumia 800?

It is not available on Zune and also the website (http://www.nokia.com/in-en/support/product/nokia-lumia-800/) does not mention anything about Windows 7.8

Please help!!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

Rumour has it that the release will happen early next year.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
arontria

okay, some users here in my country, Philippines, got their lumia 800 upgraded to 7.8
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
lopafaruk

dawonlod windos 8
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

What exactly do you want?

At first sight it looks like you're telling people to download Windows 8. Microsoft might not be too happy about that.

If you're asking where *you* can download it then that's a different matter, although it's irrelevant to these forums.

Maybe you want to know where to download Windows *PHONE* 8?

Short answer: you can't.

Longer answer: your phone either comes with it or not. The latest Lumia phones already have it so there's nothing to do. Older Lumia phones such as the 800 or the 900 originally shipped with Windows Phone 7.5 "Mango", which was later updated to Windows Phone 7.8. These phones will *NOT* be updated to Windows Phone 8.

Was this post helpful? If so, please click on the white "Kudos!" star below. Thank you!

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
cliford

me to!
Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
grschinon

You too what?

If you mean you want to download Windows Phone 8 then the answer will be the same. You can't. Your phone either comes with it or it doesn't.

Please use plain text.
musica

Please use plain text.
Contributor
HITENDRA87

Is there is any hope windows 8 comes for lumia 800??? In windows 7.8 there are so many apps nd games are missing like temple run,ultimate cricket when i m going for download message show app not  avalable for your phone 

Please use plain text.
Mobile Sensei
paulheu

No, the Lumia 800 hardware doe snot support Windows Phone 8.x OS

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
mar5174

Lumia 800  windows 7.8. Not Support for Indian language . Unicode and Tamil fonts not support. Pl solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
Uday1030

Was there any chance to get call summary pop-up message  in Lumia 710 (Windows 7.8). Or is there any app for that ?..

I am using pre-paid mobile, without this bill summary it is hard to maintain the balance. Please help me. Reply to rchudayaATliveDotCom

Regards,

Uday

Please use plain text.