Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 820 and sync with PC

colinr

Lumia 820 and sync with PC

Ok had major issues with Lumia 820 which I got yesterday, as I wanted to upload my contacts and ringtones and music to the phone, now reading the guide I thought this would be so straight forward, insert the USB cable and bingo should sync straight away, well the fun begins.

Inserted said cable and found phone but that was it came up in explorer but couldn't see anything, well after trolling all the web sites and saying you need Net framework, Zune, this software that software, and after doing all these things still no go, so tried a different laptop with W7 and installing some more software still had same problem, so now thinking it must be the phone.

Removed battery, done hard reset (thanks Nokia for loosing my photos) still nothing, then removed Sim card still no go, then removed the the SD card and BINGO the phone would sync.

So  it would seem if you have a SD card inserted then the phone won't sync this as wasted hours of my time just to get this to work.

Put the SD card back into my old HTC and that would sync ok.

Perhaps Nokia would like to comment.

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Re: Lumia 820 and sync with PC

Sorry to hear of this. First off, this is a user to user support platform so if you want to address this with Nokia I suggest you contact your local Nokia Care.

Losing your photos honestly is not Nokias fault in any way. You have the option to have them synced to the SkyDrive attached to your MicroSoft Account and they might even be there.

Whether or not this is an issue with the phone or maybe the SD card (what make/type?) is another matter, but as this would seem to be an isolated incident I would not be to quick to blame Nokia for this.

And your Lumia 820 will not require Zune at all, You need to have Windows XP SP3 or later installed for MTP to be available which is what is used to make the phone available in Explorer. No additional software required.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

rajaradi

my new nokia lumia 820 cannot retrive calender entries from nokia e72 i bought the nokia series only to sync my calender entries how to doit?

Contributor
Mashee

The newer version/s of Nokia suite does that rajaradi.

Instructions here: 

http://www.nokia.com/au-en/support/troubleshooting/?action=singleFAQ&caseid=FA136391_en_US

Scroll down to "Contacts and calendar from a Nokia Symbian or series 40 phone"

Mobile Sensei
paulheu

Also THIS.

---

Click on the blue Star Icon below if my advice has helped you or press the 'Accept As Solution' link if I solved your problem..

Registered Member
Gopher1223

That Link is for MAC's how about a Lync for PC's?

Registered Member
naivo

I have also the same concern with Lumia 820. I used Lumia 800 and used Zune with...With Zune, just my PC is web connected and I got directly all my mails on real time...now as I 've shifted to Lumia 820 and Zune is not anymore usable , but I have to use "Windowsphone software for PC" with, and I have always to use wifi to get my emails not as on my previous Lumia 800! Any ideas on how to address? thanks