Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Re: Lumia 820 freeze

Registered Member
hafiz216

my phone keep freezing more than 10 times per day...not just that, the start "nokia" screen also freeze after hard reset and the goodbye screen also freeze when power off.Need to hard reset a few times before it back to normal...

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
LukeSpacewalker

I also have a same problem on my Lumia 820 which brought in Thailand about 3 mounths ago.

I'm trying to pin down what cause the freeze/black screen problem. I suspect that some misbehaving background task from 3rd party apps is a cause of this problem.

After some trial and error, I find that when I use 'Newspot or Nextgen reader' as feed reader , my phone freezes very frequency. (I still don't know that is it a app problem or feed problem). So I switch to use 'feed me' and it seems to get rid of 'freezing problem'.

Here  is a list of current background tasks on my phone:

Advance Endlish Dictionary

Amazing Weather HD

App Hightlights

feed me

Here Drive+ Beta

Metrotube

And then my phone become rarely freeze.

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ptrboy

I got the same problem as you guys.

My 820 started okay for the first 2 months since I bought it. And then this annoying freeze bug started to happen every once in a while.

At first I did soft reset and/or sometimes remove the battery, and it solved the problem.

But now my 820 has gone dead after the last freeze happened! It wouldn't turn on anymore. I had to took it to Nokia Care in Indonesia, and they say it might take 1-2 weeks to get a repair. What a hastle. I will definitely not going to use it anymore. I want to sell it back.

I don't want to use WP8 and/or Nokia from now, this phone is such a disappointment. 

I hope I can warn everyone who ever wants to buy this phone.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor
paulig

[ Edited ]

farcas_claudiu wrote:

Let's suppose my Lumia 820 is defective.

How in the world could a such deffective handset get out on sale!?

It is a waste of money, time for me.. as it will be a lose of marketing image for Nokia cause I wont spare a second to remind everyone about my case.

I would never ever leave a such a rubbish gone out in the market, but well that's only me.

Cheers,

Claudiu

You think all Apple devices function 100% time without any issues? You think Apple sh**s only gold? Get real man. Maybe, just maybe you have a defective unit and you can try to switch it. Most likely though, you have installed some **bleep** software that causes your phone to crash. My 820 has worked like a charm. Sure it has done one or two spontaneous re-boots but so what? Every software has little bit of glitches here and there. Even the "best" ones.

Please use plain text.
tropical_yak

[ Edited ]
Seriously paulig? Your answer is that because some other product may have faults that its OK for this product to have worse faults? The original poster never mentioned any other brands, they simply expressed frustration that is shared by many (myself included) that we have paid good money for a phone that has problems which should have been fixed by Nokia's QA process before the phone went on the market. My Lumia 820 is back for its second visit to the repair shop. After three weeks away for its last repair it was returned to me with exactly the same fault. I don't appreciate paying $600 AUD for the privilege of being Nokia's crash test dummy and am pursuing the vendor for a full refund. You then go on to blame Claudiu for installing "**bleep** software". Silly me thought being able to install software was the whole point of smartphones. Are there particular applications I am allowed to install on my phone? Is there a list of non-**bleep** applications? My Lumia 820 freezes after a factory reset so I guess the offending software must come from Nokia or Microsoft. Please don't dismiss other people's valid problems with this phone and take this as an opportunity to air your dislike of other vendors. It serves absolutely no purpose. I am glad that your 820 works well for you and I wish you all the best with it but this whole experience has left me with a bad taste in my mouth and I will be buying a phone from another manufacturer (probably not Apple) as soon as I get my refund. (Edited for formatting)
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
arioja

I finally got a solution for the freezing issue on Lumia 820. I took my phone to Nokia Care Point, and they just installed some battery holder pieces to keep the battery more firmly in place. I was very doubtful, if it would help. But guys, my phone has now been running for two weeks without any crash or freeze! I recommend all of you who have this issue to take you phone to care point for checking, if same solution would work fir you too.
Now I'm really satisfied with my 820 again!
Please use plain text.
Advisor
routema5ter

@ arioja

Could you post some photos of the battery holder pieces fitted on your phone by the Nokia Care Point? I am also facing the freezing / rebooting issue and am at my wits end. Updating to the 1308 firmware also proved useless since the frequency of the reboots / freezing only increased.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
routema5ter

I have also noticed that setting the phone to work in the 2G mode increases the frequency of reboots. The phone becomes unusable; it restarts every time I get a call. It will also reboot within five minutes of making a call when I force the phone to work in 2G mode.

Initially i thought it might be the SD card. Now I am using the device without the card. Yet it displays the same behavior. :smileysad:

Planning to take it to the nearest Nokia service center tomorrow.
Please use plain text.
Ajit1787

Hey friends,

After reading lotsof complaints for lumia 820 screen freezeing, i also encountered the same thing.After smooth working for 1 months, my lumia got freeze which i resolvedthrough nokia care, but within a week the same problem started. i was happy for purchasing nokia, but it seems i was wrong

i want my money back

Please use plain text.
Ajit1787

Hey Guys,

I purchased lumia 820 last months , and its screen got freeze. i solved the problem visiting nokia care after trying myself rest, hard reset. Now after 1 week the same problem begin....

Please Help

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
338winmag

My brand new Lumia 820, has frozen maybe 20 times per day in the 3 weeks I have had it... Very frustrating as I run a business... What is Nokia doing about this? I try to call, only to be on hold then it freezes, I don't think I have made one phone call on in with out freezing.....
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
338winmag

Also... Nokia advertises it to be a great phone and up there with the best smart phones... Is this false advertising? It seems that everyone that has purchased one has the same issues
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
ifrahkhan

Im so angry.My nokia lumia 820 is quite new,but the screen wont work.It will not let me touch any button on my screen,anyone know the problem ?

Please use plain text.
Registered Member
tan4ik

Ok so why the **bleep** i dont see any response from nokia in this thread...its obvious that ppl are having problems with this phone..and so do i...same problems freezing and **bleep** since 3rd day...and i dont find the solution 

like Nokia do u even **bleep**IN CARE? sry for my language but im so **bleep** off.....this was a present for my wife..first day i was thinking to switch from iphone to Nokia...but now....after all this....and 0 **bleep**IN 0 response from nokia....i just want to give it back and NEVER EVER buy a NOKIA again....thank you and **bleep** you at the same time BYE

Please use plain text.