Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 820 video playback problem

Contributor
higgy5

Lumia 820 video playback problem

I've recently bought a Lumia 820, my choice partly influenced by the 2  to improve video recording, in particular at live music gigs. Whilst it does seem to be avoid the "wind tunnel" sound effect I've had on previous phone videos, each one I've played back has major blocking on both the picture and the audio, with neither being in synch, and therefore virtually worthless. I tried yesterday just filming a small crowd gathering, so no amps or loud noise, and have exactly the same problem. I'd set the video to record in high spec, so should I opt for the lower 720 spec, or is it a different problem altogether? And how do I solve it, before I get increasingly frustrated at having messed up and missed out on some valuable footage?!! Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Mobile Guru
matthew_maude

Re: Lumia 820 video playback problem

Do the videos play ok on a PC? It could be struggling to play them back rather than record them.

all i can suggest is to make sure your phone is up to date and reset it.

sometimes seemingly unrelated downloads can interfere with the phones functions...
if nothing works you'll be better off taking it in for repair

©2012 DJ Matt

Please use plain text.
Contributor
higgy5

Hi Matthew, sadly they are similarly affected when I download them to the pc and play them on there....if they worked ok on there, I could live with them not playing ok on the phone. I've only had it about 3 weeks so haven't filled it with apps yet - only have added a few, so if you think it's worth removing them, I guess I can try that? Not ideal, but relly don't want to be sending it off for repair and risk losing all the photos, messages etc that I transferred on to it!
Please use plain text.
atquae

I have the same problem with my 820. Video is very choppy, sometimes audio continues on a still image then returns to movement, with same happening in phone and on computer when downloaded. Tried both hi res and default and also tried turning off continuous focus. But my basic conclusion is that the video recorder is rubbish, which makes me sad. If there is someway of getting it working I'd love to hear about it. Or is this a fault that can be submitted to manufacturer for replacement???

Please use plain text.
Community Manager
tiny_chef

What is the file format of the video you are trying to play? You can try to reset the device (soft reset). To do this, press and hold the Volume Down key and Power key until phone vibrates. If no improvement, I would recommend updating the device. You can set the phone to notify you when update is available through these settings:

Settings>Phone update>Place a check mark to "Tell me when updates are available for my phone"

Final Banner
Please use plain text.
Contributor
higgy5

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help! I'm really not sure of the format type - they are all ones I have filmed myself on the phone itself - watching videos on youtube etc seem to be fine, so far at least; it is the ones I filmed over the last few weeks since having the phone that have the problem

Would the reset you refer to risk losing anything on my phone, ie, pictures, texts, settings I have chosen? I'm loathe to lose valuable items trying to sort a problem which shouldn't exist, that has already lost me some irreplaceable captured videos by not performing properly?!!!

All help and guidance is much appreciated!!

Please use plain text.
Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

hi mate,

sorry to hear of your problems. you might like to search these forums as there have been others reporting similar issues, and it may be down to a memory card if you are using one in your device.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
goranche89

Hi!
I had the same problem on mu Lumia 820. Problem is memory card. If you store your videos on memory card, there's no way you'll be able to play it on you phone or PC. If you store videos you created on your phone memory, it works perfectly! Maybe it is just a problem with a memory card, I don't know...

Please use plain text.