Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 900 camera button "works when it feels like ...

Counsellor
ninehundro
Accepted Solution

Lumia 900 camera button "works when it feels like it" work-around?

I visited an AT&T and Microsoft Store and inquired about the problem.  Every Nokia Lumia 900 on display and even the store employee's own phones exhibited the "works when it feels like it" camera button problem. The store employees had no explanation for it.

Through my own fiddling with it I found the only way to get the camera button to work every time is to press the power button first to wake up the phone, then press the camera button. It is a pretty easy work-around.

I also found that if you press the camera button slow enough to feel both clicks, or press the camera button twice quickly, that can work too, but not all the time...

As far as I know Nokia has not acknowledged this problem yet but I hope they will soon and that a software update will correct it.  Does anyone know if Nokia will be fixing this problem?

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Counsellor
ninehundro

Re: Lumia 900 camera button "works when it feels like it" work-around?

UPDATE:  I just installed "Tango" update from AT&T which included updates from Nokia.  This problem has been fixed!  Holding the camera button down while the phone is asleep now brings up the camera.

-Paul
Please use plain text.
Registered Member
kirankabeer

Re: Lumia 900 camera button "works when it feels like it" work-around?

I've also seen this. But there are mobile apps developers who can actually develop those apps which could be used as an alternative of this.

Please use plain text.