Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 900 glass...

Counsellor
Accepted Solution

Lumia 900 glass...

Hi folks!

I got a bit bad news. Just half an hour ago when I was getting home. I was going up on some stairs in the local train station and I missed a step and fell over. I didn't injure my self but my Lumia 900 took the worst of it beeing in my jeans left front pocket. The screen has multiple cracks. Now if anyone at Nokia is listening in I would like to submit my phone to your inspection. So you can find out if there were any flaws int he glass etc.... But in the end I'll get that glass replaced some how. It might cost me more than the phone but I would do it.

Please use plain text.
Ex-Moderator (Retired)
Kosh

Re: Lumia 900 glass...

[ Edited ]

Hi Temeteus82,

Good to read you were not injured on your fall, thanks for posting.

While Gorilla glass is very durable and scratch resistant, as you indicated and understand it's not unbreakable and seeing the image it is well possible your Lumia 900 took most of the impact.

To get your Lumia 900 repaired I suggest you contact a Nokia Care point or your local Nokia Care line for further assistance on how to proceed. You can find the contact information for both on the Nokia support pages.

Hope this helps,

Kosh

Press the 'Accept As Solution' icon if I have solved your problem, click on the Star Icon below if my advice has helped you!

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Yeah! I'm glad that I got insurance policy that coveres damage to my stuff. Now all I need is to know the price of the replacement glass.

Please use plain text.
Counsellor

Quick update!

Got the glass and screen (they are one unit) replaced over night in local Nokia Care point! Costed 270 EUR.
I have the broken screen at home and looking at it tells me that there were some clever people behind it. It really is small piece and looks of it easy to replace.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
phubai

I attempted to replace the glass myself, ordered what I thought I needed, but was sent the glass only, and not the rest of it. I thought for the price they were asking, it included both the glass and the sensor, but...anyhow, I sent it to a Nokia service center here, and within 9 days I had it back. The cost was only $151...cheaper than what I paid for the glass on eBay. Wish I'd done that first. :crying:

It's not a bad job, if you have the glass and sensor combined. I found a video on youTube that explained the process pretty well, but if it happens to me again...I'm sending it back to the Nokia service center.

Please use plain text.
Sheena912

I ordered a new screen with sensor and replaced it myself, with the help of youtube. However, my phone won't power on or charge. I purchased my phone on Amazon and I have a prepaid phone service, it is unlocked so who should I send it to? My phone cracked from being left on top of a car

Please use plain text.