Search Discussions:

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Advanced search
Welcome to our community! Here you can share advice and tips with thousands of other Microsoft mobile devices users around the world in English. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines for more information. Everyone can search and read the discussions, but to post your own question or reply to others you need to sign in first. If this is your first time here, you can choose an alias to represent you. If you don't have an account yet, please register here.

Lumia 920 Data Usage

Advisor
s3r4ph
Accepted Solution

Lumia 920 Data Usage

Hi,

Does anybody here know how I can track my data usage?

I couldn't find a single bit of info to tell me how much of data I've used. That's quite shocking as I really liked the Data Sense feature shown in the phone's unveiling a few months back. I just found out that your mobile carrier has to support the feature(which makes absolutely no sense) and so far only Verizon supports it.

That causes a massive problem not just for me, but pretty much any non-Verizon Lumia 920/820 phone owner. I have no reference to how much data Windows Phone 8 uses, how much I've already used and can't tell when I need to top up my data plan.

I've heard about Nokia Counters for WP 7.5/7.8 phones, but it doesn't support the 920's resolution.

What apps are other people using, and Nokia, are you even working on providing this kinda functionality for the 90% of your owners? I need something, doesn't have to have flashy graphics or anything. Even something in Betalabs would do. Anything to tell me how much data's been used soo far

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

Re: Lumia 920 Data Usage

hi there buddy,

as far as i've seen in the Store, there are no such apps available for Nokia WP8 devices as of yet. I too would commend a decision to release Nokia Counters for WP8, that would be highly useful. and i think Data Sense would be most beneficial in being a platform thing, not just restricted to certain carriers.

As this is a user to user forum, you can leave feedback directly with Nokia at the BetaLabs website or by clicking the Nokia Support link at the bottom of this page. You can also contact Microsoft directly at the link: http://windowsphone.uservoice.com
Advisor
s3r4ph

Damn, I figured as much. It really sucks because right now there's no solution. I've tried to email Nokia and my operator to get them to support Data Sense, but either way I'm gonna have to wait. I'll write to Microsoft as well, thanks for the link!

Mobile Overlord
adrianhughes

No worries. It's a feature that many of us would like to see sooner, rather than later.